The Spirited 11th Hour ...

tissandtully

I finally booked my next vacation (woohoo!) and decided on 4 days at Universal, onsite @ Cabana Bay. I'm hopelessly stupid when it comes to anything Universal parks/restaurants/etc.... but ya'll have been bragging on them for long enough that I booked the second leg of my vacay there.

Thanks, @WDW1974 ;)

I booked in the Autumn with the anticipation of hopefully catching the Maelstrom makeover, but does anyone have a clue if it'll be FP+ worthy or not?

((For the record, I DO NOT like the binder I've had to assemble to keep reservations and FP+ things straight. Doesn't help I'm vacationing with someone who hasn't a clue what to expect from Disney and Universal.))

Slightly unrelated, but Deadpool was awesome.
That's great, Cabana Bay is awesome. Seriously better themed than any of the WDW Value resorts, they even have themed Soap and Shampoo! A tip: If you want to do the bowling, make sure you get a reservation, we found that out the hard way.

rael ramone

Oooh, good call, I'll have to check. But do you think having Halloween/Thanksgiving/Veteran's Day/ etc would screw with those prices?

It's my guess that the Drunk & Stumblefest is the prime driver to the swamps in October, not the Halloween parties.

I used to book to attend. Now I book to avoid.

And D&S I believe is always done a good time before Thanksgiving, since they want to get Christmas up and running...

PhotoDave219

It's my guess that the Drunk & Stumblefest is the prime driver to the swamps in October, not the Halloween parties.

I used to book to attend. Now I book to avoid.

And D&S I believe is always done a good time before Thanksgiving, since they want to get Christmas up and running...

So. You don't drink, I take it? Because you're coming across as a judgy Phil right now.

VJ

Remember when I said "Hopefully some good will come out of all this hack-n-slashing of Disney parks" a few pages back? Yeah, my optimism has gone down considerably with the news of the cuts pretty much everywhere. First the MyMagic+ fiasco now this.. Disney's spending priorities are way off. I try not to go on any opinionated rants in this thread (or pretty much anywhere on this site) cause people are touchy but geez.. We'll see what happens, I guess.

Cesar R M

Goodbye Dream Along, hello Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire (and that's honestly a really stupid name.)

I'm personally disenchanted by the info Disney has given out. It doesn't look like it's going to be a good show and I'm usually the "wait and see" kind of guy.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ire-coming-this-summer-to-magic-kingdom-park/
Theres a thread about this already.. well 2 actually.
And I welcome the change.
If you see the images.. its clear they needed this to "complement" Festival of Fantasy.
They will finally add Tangled and Princess and the Frog segments, and the costumes are of the same style of Festival of Fantasy.

The older show was obviously the complement for "Disney's Dreams come true" parade.

zweltar

True but what happens in a home 'router' is L3 switching and some PAT with the higher end products having firewall functionality

Homes don't generally have Cisco ISR's as CPE which can support multiple L3 networks etc
Dog-Meme-I-Have-No-Idea-What-Im-Doing-03.jpg

WDW1974

Original Poster
Posted as a separate thread, but in case it hasn't been seen I'll place it here ...

Wanna make some MAGIC?

No, not a fanboi come on. Just a simple question.

Anyone headed to Chicago in a few weeks who might like to help make Bob Iger and Co very uncomfortable, I've got a few thoughts.:greedy::devilish:;):cool:

Cesar R M

True but what happens in a home 'router' is L3 switching and some PAT with the higher end products having firewall functionality

Homes don't generally have Cisco ISR's as CPE which can support multiple L3 networks etc
It doesn't matter how many networks there are. the chips are to route huge amounts of data, not to handle multiple networks, subnetworks..etc...
With the advent of fiber optics and 100Mbps plus fiber optic internets.. they are needed.
You're again confusing the functions of these HOME style Networking SOCs.
We're not talking enterprise that require CISCO and MANAGED stuff.

the.dreamfinder

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
On the internet no on
It doesn't matter how many networks there are. the chips are to route huge amounts of data, not to handle multiple networks, subnetworks..etc...
With the advent of fiber optics and 100Mbps plus fiber optic internets.. they are needed.
You're again confusing the functions of these HOME style Networking SOCs.
We're not talking enterprise that require CISCO and MANAGED stuff.

No I'm not, Without going into NDA territory most home "routers" are based on Broadcom switching silicon, Technically it's a L3 switch because the switching (routing?) decision is made at the IP address level not at the MAC layer which because it's working at the IP layer people like to call it a router, But it's NOT a router because it DOES NOT implement a routing protocol even one as basic as RIP v2 or IPv6 RA's People like to call them 'routers' but they are not because they do not run a routing protocol.

A Broadcom based 'router' running factory software is a L3 switch, The same 'router' running Tomato is a 'REAL' router because under Tomato it supports routing advertisement of networks to other routers via the RIP and RIPv2 (CIDR support) you also get good stuff like VLAN's, VPN.

A example of one of the Wireless 'Routers' is the Broadcom 94717.

A final note switching is ALWAYS faster than routing because it happens at the hardware level and the decision is made in a silicon based lookup table.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom