The Spirited 11th Hour ...

Cesar R M

No, in the comments. Saying "XXXX will be XXXXX".... Thats racist.
Ohh that!, I noticed that as well.

I actually wonder if some of the commenters are even Chinese high class medium high mocking their own unprivileged class.

You reach a point where using an industrial stapler to affix your scrotum to a bench would be less painful.

The only thing that counts is the folding stuff, and if it sells more units than it loses the character will be sold to that bidder.
donald_and_mickey_wtf.png

PhotoDave219

I never said that it MUST have been her.
I'm just clarifying that some people making some dissonance. Romance has been there, but as soon someone thinks about a different orientation character.. they instantly lash about "oversexualization".

On this I sooo agree with you.
It gets worse when they attempt to shame you or force to have their way into your own personal work.
There are some "social justice" guys who are just plain aholes.. using the movement and the excuses they can. Do push their own personal agenda.

First part - These are movies aimed at five year olds. I feel that any sexuality (m/w, w/w, Ogre/Donkey, etc) is just a horrible idea to start with. I mean if Disney wants to get OG then we're left with arranged marriages and we saw how well that worked for
Sansa Stark with Ramsey in GOT
. I'm fine with the concept - I just dont see it happening anytime soon.

Second part - This seems like people forcing their agenda because its Disney. This type of progress needs to be organic. You cant force this kind of social change. Hopefully in my lifetime, yes. But we shall see.

Cesar R M

First part - These are movies aimed at five year olds. I feel that any sexuality (m/w, w/w, Ogre/Donkey, etc) is just a horrible idea to start with. I mean if Disney wants to get OG then we're left with arranged marriages and we saw how well that worked for
Sansa Stark with Ramsey in GOT
. I'm fine with the concept - I just dont see it happening anytime soon.

Second part - This seems like people forcing their agenda because its Disney. This type of progress needs to be organic. You cant force this kind of social change. Hopefully in my lifetime, yes. But we shall see.
MR. DAVE.. WE HAVE REACHED FULL AGREEMENT ON ALL POINTS.. WHICH NOW REQUIRES THE FINAL PROCESS.

WHICH MEANS WE WILL HAVE TO SHARE CRUMPETS AND TEA AND THEN WELL SOLVE THIS MYSTERY.

scoobydooFROZEN.jpg

Quinnmac000

Ironically Disney's even more valuable money maker is the one willing to actually take risks (and be banned in China)....this came out 4 hours ago.

One major question that has been posed to the folks at Marvel Studios in recent years has been if or when we’ll see an LGBT character in one of their films, and when Collider’s own Steve Weintraub sat down with Civil Wardirectors Joe and Anthony Russo recently—who are also helming Marvel’s massive two-part Avengers: Infinity War saga—they had a very promising answer. Joe Russo went so far as to say the onus is on them, as filmmakers making movies for a wide audience, to accurately reflect the world we live in:

“I think the chances are strong. I mean, it’s incumbent upon us as storytellers who are making mass-appeal movies to make mass-appeal movies, and to diversify as much as possible. It’s sad in the way that Hollywood lags behind other industries so significantly, one because you think that it would be a progressive industry, and two it’s such a visible industry. So I think it’s important that on all fronts we keep pushing for diversification because then the storytelling becomes more interesting, more rich, and more truthful.”

http://collider.com/marvel-lgbt-characters-mcu-joe-anthony-russo/

BrerJon

I heard that the only reason the crowds in Shanghai are using DisneyTown as a public bathroom is because all the real ones are inside the park, which isn't open to the public yet, so they had nowhere else to go!

lazyboy97o

Now I'm actually starting to get worried about the first few days of Shanghai when it's finally opened to the public.
Why? The very same types of stories came out of the opening of Hong Kong Disneyland. Everywhere also deals with such issues. Even here in the US, the significant effort to create and maintain the image of cleanliness at Disneyland and Walt Disney World is well documented.

Mike S

They are notorious and pretty much everyone familiar with China predicted this kind of behavior... and design ought to take that into account. Which is why I was always puzzled at the inclusion of Alice's Maze. I like it being there from a creative, aesthetic perspective, but it's like giving the locals a large, open air bathroom right under the castle.
Looks like Disney didn't do enough research when making a park that's "authentically Disney, distinctly Chinese."
I get where you're coming from. But Hollywood was barely ready for Blue is the Warmest Color (highly recommend) or Carol. Both critically acclaimed but didn't get any mainstream traction and that's what Disney's meal ticket is - the mainstream.

Now that's no good excuse not to find a great story that has a LGBT protagonist. It's just going to take some time before that ever happens. There's no way a social media campaign, slactivism, hashtags or petitions that will convince the mouse to risk alienating their meal ticket. I mean it took HOW long to get a Disney princess that wasn't white? Progress will take time here.

It's a worthwhile issue to bring up but people pushing their fanfic desires and using that as an excuse to push this issue? Seems selfish to me.

Edit: mobile site fun....
Till about 1995.

Nubs70

I still wonder why they have to contest if Elsa is LGBT or NOT.
Its not like she did show much interest in the movie.
Its not like there was a real suitor for her anyway!
Its like trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.
She could be asexual or just plain uninterested in the movie.
I mean she was more busy worrying about her powers and her rise to Queen status (and her fears to be found and ruining her life/reputation)
Or she could just be a cartoon character.

brb1006

I heard that the only reason the crowds in Shanghai are using DisneyTown as a public bathroom is because all the real ones are inside the park, which isn't open to the public yet, so they had nowhere else to go!
I hope they can find a way to clean all that mess up before the park opens.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom