The Spirited 11th Hour ...

DisDan

So is there any doubt at all that the Shanghai Disney project is mostly to blame for how neglected the US parks have been for the last few years? Is it ok that I hate, no despise, the idea that Disney is building yet another park in China while our parks continue to suffer?

lazyboy97o

So is there any doubt at all that the Shanghai Disney project is mostly to blame for how neglected the US parks have been for the last few years? Is it ok that I hate, no despise, the idea that Disney is building yet another park in China while our parks continue to suffer?
Not entirely because the American parks likely would have suffered much the same. Even the cuts happening now, while in response to a more singular event, are considered proper courses because of issues inherent to the organization. China isn't creating new problems, it's better revealing ones that have long existed.

JediMasterMatt

So is there any doubt at all that the Shanghai Disney project is mostly to blame for how neglected the US parks have been for the last few years?

Are you so sure that all the US parks are suffering?

With all of the negative news surrounding these forums, keep in mind that the real elephant in the room that nobody is discussing is that WDW is only getting knocked senseless repeatedly. It's been a non-stop parade of bad news queued up one after the other on the east coast. DLR, minus the obvious SWL construction and closures, is still cruising along nicely. Even the worst of the worst rumors, the ToT debacle - would be better handled on the west coast since you could make the argument that re-themeing their Tower would make more sense fitting into a larger Marvel land. Important editor's note - re-themeing ToT at either location would be at the top of the resume of bad ideas Disney Parks could ever make.

While Anaheim isn't perfect, the Disney Difference gap is simply widening.

The only good thing about the recent string of bad WDW news is I am a firm believer that things have to get worse in Orlando before they can ever get better. We're only accelerating that process it seems. Only when enough people stop filling the resorts, then we may leave this nightmare.

BTW - if you don't know why DIS corporate continues to abuse WDW... it's because they can. Success comes at a very high price.

PhotoDave219

With all of the negative news surrounding these forums, keep in mind that the real elephant in the room that nobody is discussing is that WDW is only getting knocked senseless repeatedly. It's been a non-stop parade of bad news queued up one after the other on the east coast. DLR, minus the obvious SWL construction and closures, is still cruising along nicely. Even the worst of the worst rumors, the ToT debacle - would be better handled on the west coast since you could make the argument that re-themeing their Tower would make more sense fitting into a larger Marvel land. Important editor's note - re-themeing ToT at either location would be at the top of the resume of bad ideas Disney Parks could ever make.

The only good thing about the recent string of bad WDW news is I am a firm believer that things have to get worse in Orlando before they can ever get better. We're only accelerating that process it seems. Only when enough people stop filling the resorts, then we may leave this nightmare.

BTW - if you don't know why DIS corporate continues to abuse WDW... it's because they can. Success comes at a very high price.

It's been the corporate cash cow for decades.

Mike S

image.jpeg

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
In other news NYT is talking about 'The Buyback Mirage' no it DOES NOT mention Disney but it's relevant seeing how Disney has implemented huge cuts in their products while leaving the stock repurchases alone. Also interesting is how the Teamsters are pushing to exclude 'gains' in stock based compensation metrics which are created by reducing the number of shares in circulation. I.E the companies will be forced to report REAL gains or losses instead of those based on a constantly decreasing pool of shares.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/03/27/business/in-yahoo-another-example-of-the-buyback-mirage.html?_r=0

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Because the concept Johnny Depp had going into the first Pirates film was that Pirates were the Rock Stars of the Ocean, hence why Jack Sparrow is just a Keith Richards impersonation and they eventually got Keith Richards to play his dad. Might as well get another iconic rocker to be some old pirate sage.

But much of Cap'n Jack's antics were based on a 1952 movie "The Crimson Pirate" watch it and tell me Disney did not get much of the inspiration for the movie there. - Full Disclosure The Cap'n Jack movies are my favorite pirate flicks EVER!.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom