The Spirited 11th Hour ...

Mike S

Last edited:

AEfx

FigmentJedi

I wouldn't call her Jar Jar. Plus I think 3 was better than 2.
I'll take a girl gymnastic-kicking a raptor any day over Raptor Communication Kazoos, a Spinosaur that kills the T-Rex because of Jack Horner's childish desire to discredit Tyrannosaurus as fearsome hunter, that child that survives a month on Dinosaur Island and collects Tyrannosaurus pee, "ALAN!", breaking up Grant/Sattler, and Tea Leoni deciding to become an even more obnoxious female lead than that lady that wouldn't stop screaming from Temple of Doom.

I'd rather watch the godawful 1998 American Godzilla over Jurassic Park 3.

Mike S

I'll take a girl gymnastic-kicking a raptor any day over Raptor Communication Kazoos, a Spinosaur that kills the T-Rex because of Jack Horner's childish desire to discredit Tyrannosaurus as fearsome hunter, that child that survives a month on Dinosaur Island and collects Tyrannosaurus pee, "ALAN!", breaking up Grant/Sattler, and Tea Leoni deciding to become an even more obnoxious female lead than that lady that wouldn't stop screaming from Temple of Doom.

I'd rather watch the godawful 1998 American Godzilla over Jurassic Park 3.
I get your point and it's still very low on my list compared to the first and World, but none of the reasons you gave make the Spinosarus Jar Jar.

FigmentJedi

I get your point and it's still very low on my list compared to the first and World, but none of the reasons you gave make the Spinosarus Jar Jar.
The Spino's a longface amphibious creature that the marketing aggressively pushes as the next big thing but ends up being one of the more annoying things in the movie and is phased out/mocked as being terrible in subsequent entries, like Jurassic World having the spino skeleton be destroyed by the T-Rex.

Mike S

The Spino's a longface amphibious creature that the marketing aggressively pushes as the next big thing but ends up being one of the more annoying things in the movie and is phased out/mocked as being terrible in subsequent entries, like Jurassic World having the spino skeleton be destroyed by the T-Rex.
Still a cool Dino in and of itself imo.

FigmentJedi

Still a cool Dino in and of itself imo.
Really the issue was implementation. Introducing a new predator villain is fine, but making it into a device to further a paleontologist's childish rivalry with another paleontologist and pulling a "Let's kill Optimus Prime so kids will buy Rodimus" just wasn't.

I'd love to see the new quadrupedal semiaquatic reconstruction of Spinosaurus show up in a dinosaur movie sometime though.
upload_2016-3-24_15-0-51.png

Mike S

Really the issue was implementation. Introducing a new predator villain is fine, but making it into a device to further a paleontologist's childish rivalry with another paleontologist and pulling a "Let's kill Optimus Prime so kids will buy Rodimus" just wasn't.

I'd love to see the new quadrupedal semiaquatic reconstruction of Spinosaurus show up in a dinosaur movie sometime though.
View attachment 135093
I know it's more accurate to life but that thing still looks so strange to me. Like the Vulture looking T-Rex.
image.png

Pop culture depictions have ruined me :(

FigmentJedi

Anyone who knows me can tell you that Pirates is my favorite film series. I just don't understand why Paul McCartney's going to be in it (even for a cameo) besides the fact he's famous and British.
Because the concept Johnny Depp had going into the first Pirates film was that Pirates were the Rock Stars of the Ocean, hence why Jack Sparrow is just a Keith Richards impersonation and they eventually got Keith Richards to play his dad. Might as well get another iconic rocker to be some old pirate sage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom