The Spirited 11th Hour ...

the.dreamfinder

So is there any validity to this rumor. According to Orlando Park News, Disney Hollywood Studios is going to get a Muppets mini land.
https://twitter.com/orlparknews/status/710896404164710400
The retheme of Pizza Planet to a muppets restaurant has been discussed here. The Mama Melrose's development is news though. In the early 90's, that whole area was intended to be the Muppets Studios so this can be seen as a return to that plan.
image.jpeg

HauntedMansionFLA

What would actually being this area besides Mama Melrose, Pizza Planet and Muppets 3D? It would have potential to be pretty cool. Plus everything, for the most part, is there already.

the.dreamfinder

What would actually being this area besides Mama Melrose, Pizza Planet and Muppets 3D? It would have potential to be pretty cool. Plus everything, for the most part, is there already.
The original plan for the land included The Sweedish Chef's TV Cooking School (Pizza Planet), Gonzo's Pandemonium Pizza Parlour (Mama Melrose's), Muppet Vision, and the Great Muppet Movie Ride (E-Ticket). Right now we're just getting rethemes of Pizza Planet and, possibly, Melrose's. Though I do think adding the Muppet Movie Ride would be a great way to increase capacity and provide a high quality family (read no height restriction) dark ride to a park that desperately needs it.

http://www.laughingplace.com/News-ID115400.asp

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I'd be on board with a muppet land. Dont see it happening, but I'd like it to.
I'm with Dave on this. Love the muppets, but don't see those plans happening or at least not the dark ride. I think this may just be a re-theme of pizza planet and maybe mama melrose plus muppet vision and the muppet store (which are already there). It's a way to make the muppet vision attraction still fit in the park by making a muppet mini-land. Though I would love to have a muppet dark ride.

FigmentJedi

Quinnmac000

Most of the goofy stuff in Indy 4 was George's doing. Like he was so damn determined to get Indiana Jones inside that fridge to escape the nuke that he presented Spielberg with a bundle of papers that explained how it could even plausibly work.

I was fine with the goofy stuff. The worst thing about the film was the pacing and the dialog as well as Shia which wasn't George's fault but Spielberg wanted Lebeouf in the film. It was Koepp fault for the pacing. As for the story, it was George's fault he didn't keep with the City of Gods story. In its entirety, it's all their faults the movie sucked but only George gets the bad wrap for it.

flyerjab

Goodbye Indy 5. The screenwriter for Crystal Skull s writing the new one.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/indiana-jones-5-enlists-crystal-876684

Just for candor's sake, here is a list of movies that Koepp has either written or co-wrote:

1988 Apartment Zero
1990 Bad Influence
1990 Dark Angel
1990 Why Me?
1991 Toy Soldiers
1992 Death Becomes Her
1993 Carlito's Way
1993 Jurassic Park
1994 Suspicious
1994 The Shadow
1994 The Paper
1996 The Trigger Effect
1996 Mission: Impossible
1997 The Lost World: Jurassic Park
1998 Snake Eyes
1999 Stir of Echoes
2002 Spider-Man
2002 Panic Room
2004 Secret Window
2005 Zathura: A Space Adventure
2005 War of the Worlds
2008 Ghost Town
2008 Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
2009 Angels & Demons
2011 The Little Engine That Could
2012 Premium Rush
2014 Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit

Maybe IJ:KofCS was not that great because Lucas was involved. I just feel that as Lucas aged, his belief in his writing acumen and directing skills was marred by his early successes with Star Wars A New Hope. I don't doubt his ability to create the foundations for a world or universe, or even a character (i.e., Indiana Jones). But his writing and directing has become completely out of touch as time has passed.

BubbaQuest

Did you take pics? Did you show them to management? Did you complain and explain politely but firmly that what you were given was not acceptable? Did you take your park upkeep/neglect concerns up with people at the parks?
Complaining here is perfectly acceptable. But it isn't a solution.

I have tried that in the past, until I realized I wasn't happy paying $500/yr (now $1000/yr) to go to a declining amusement park. I tried saying the same thing to friends, but they were snorting so much pixie dust they were too busy to see overflowing toilets or unsafely crowded walkways.

...But having experienced it, most executives are the duck and cover political types that won enough survivor battles to rise to a top position. They get comped on stock price and EPS. They could give a .... about the product or their customer. Why would an email spur action they likely know about already? The only thing that matters is when the revenue starts to dry up and the financial engineering hits a brick wall....

Totally agree. I assume I've spent about $5K over the past 5 years at Disney that would be easily attributed back to me by AP, name and/or address. Yet I have heard nothing from Disney when I didn't renew my pass. So either I'm not a big enough whale, or they really don't care as long as new people are still signing up to spend $20/month to go to the themed mall.

The saddest part to me is a "Spirited" thread seems to be the only place anyone is even talking about this anymore. MC used to have great non-pixie-covered editorial content, but their forums are so obviously overrun with payed Disney posters now, I seldom go there now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom