The Spirited 11th Hour ...

raymusiccity

You're mistaken about Dumbo. It was a popular moneymaker when the Studio couldn't afford another failure.

Splitting hairs. Reflected a profit due to a slashed budget and running a scant 64 minutes. Not exactly a feature Film, further complicated by critics calling some of the characters racist.

CJR

Those are the one thing one does not get at Cabana Bay

To be honest, Express Pass isn't really necessary at Universal (most of the time). It seems like most of them are all at Despicable Me at the same time (at 4pm) and ultimately have to wait in line as a result. Avoid that one and you can walk on most rides after 4pm without an express pass. Of course, I tend to avoid busier days by default, so my stats may be a bit off. That is the beauty of Universal though, in that it still has slow moments where you can literally do every major attraction in the park within a couple hours, no Express pass needed. I haven't had that at Disney in years, except DHS, but it's DHS.

tissandtully

To be honest, Express Pass isn't really necessary at Universal (most of the time). It seems like most of them are all at Despicable Me at the same time (at 4pm) and ultimately have to wait in line as a result. Avoid that one and you can walk on most rides after 4pm without an express pass. Of course, I tend to avoid busier days by default, so my stats may be a bit off. That is the beauty of Universal though, in that it still has slow moments where you can literally do every major attraction in the park within a couple hours, no Express pass needed. I haven't had that at Disney in years, except DHS, but it's DHS.
Universal is getting busier by the day, I love the after 4PM Premiere Express Pass, especially for the low-capacity rides like Flight of the Hippogriff which my son loves and usually always has a long line.

CJR

Universal is getting busier by the day, I love the after 4PM Premiere Express Pass, especially for the low-capacity rides like Flight of the Hippogriff which my son loves and usually always has a long line.

I can promise you that you're looking at the wrong times, I've literally walked onto it a few times. Keep in mind, it all depends on when you go. Weekends are busier than weekdays and late March will be busier than late February. Taking the opportunity to go at the right time is key, and you'll save lots of money in the process while finding the experience far more enjoyable. When the park's open to 9 or 10pm, you'll find that most people have left between 6 and 8pm, which makes for an amazing experience.

tissandtully

I can promise you that you're looking at the wrong times, I've literally walked onto it a few times. Keep in mind, it all depends on when you go. Weekends are busier than weekdays and late March will be busier than late February. Taking the opportunity to go at the right time is key, and you'll save lots of money in the process while finding the experience far more enjoyable. When the park's open to 9 or 10pm, you'll find that most people have left between 6 and 8pm, which makes for an amazing experience.
Yes, I know when it's not busy, my point is that it is increasingly getting busier.

CJR

Yes, I know when it's not busy, my point is that it is increasingly getting busier.

That's true, BUT it's not even close to the same way Disney's parks have gotten busier. I'm confident slower days will be easy to spot for a good while. Even then, it'll still be better at night (or early morning) than it would be mid-day. TBH, if you go on Universal's Trip Advisor today, the top complaints come from Express Pass people who have to wait (because they all show up at the same time). The thing is if you go when it's slower, Express Pass isn't necessary, thus you can enjoy hotels like Cabana Bay rather guilt free.

tissandtully

That's true, BUT it's not even close to the same way Disney's parks have gotten busier. I'm confident slower days will be easy to spot for a good while. Even then, it'll still be better at night (or early morning) than it would be mid-day. TBH, if you go on Universal's Trip Advisor today, the top complaints come from Express Pass people who have to wait (because they all show up at the same time). The thing is if you go when it's slower, Express Pass isn't necessary, thus you can enjoy hotels like Cabana Bay rather guilt free.
Yes, I know.

Cesar R M

Thanks to a random poster spotting a survey, looks like resort fees are in the pipeline. Apparently surge pricing wasnt enough.....
wait what? they are raising the already staggering hotel prices even more?
or they just caught that the DVC game didn't work as they expected(because of point renters)?

Also, I really hope there was a way to write "state your opinion".
Where you can clearly send Iger to hell with a huge "F.. NO PRICE SURGES".

CJR

or they just caught that the DVC game didn't work as they expected(because of point renters)?

I think that could play a role in this actually. A resort fee could be a loophole in the process to make more money off DVC guests and renters.

Keep in mind, $15 is the starting point too. Who knows, 10 years from now, the fee could be $100 a night without any new regulation passed.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I think that could play a role in this actually. A resort fee could be a loophole in the process to make more money off DVC guests and renters.

Keep in mind, $15 is the starting point too. Who knows, 10 years from now, the fee could be $100 a night without any new regulation passed.

Or it's tiered so 15 bucks a day for values, 30 for Moderates, 45 for deluxes and say 90 bucks for club level rooms.

baymenxpac

its making the rounds again, another two sites for wrestling I have seen said a restaurant and physical HoF is going to Uni, at NBA experience.

yeah, people really ran with it as fact (and as you said, are still doing so). probably because it makes so much sense, since the performance center is in orlando. i'm convinced it'll happen eventually, but i guess we just aren't at that point yet.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I don't recall so many cash grabs (real and in the works) and the extent of them in such a short period of time (paired of course with the cuts).

I've been visiting since I was a kid and I cannot recall ANY time where Disney cut so many guest facing services even after 9/11 where they closed resort wings, In conjunction with the cuts it makes one wonder what's really going on at Disney.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom