The Spirited 11th Hour ...

Cesar R M

Half the size of our carriers.
technically.. bigger capital ships now are kinda obsolete.
Most carriers can be sank by mines easily or these new chinese anti carrier missiles(supposedly).
Hence why GOALKEEPER/PHALANX systems are being phased out in favor of heavy lasers and standard projectiles with longer range railguns and other electromagnetic type weapons.

lazyboy97o

When I first started posting here around last year or so after a long while of lurking, I thought @ford91exploder was kinda the crazy curmudgeon of the forum. Now I know he's still a crazy curmudgeon but he's not all cynic. He cares, just like @WDW1974 and everyone else here. The truth is, if we didn't care we wouldn't be here. We may not agree with Disney's current choices but we want them to do better, which is why we're so critical. We want them to hold themselves to the standards set by Walt that have since fallen by the wayside.
Caring is not the issue. It is the hyperbole, falsehoods and nonsense that is so tiresome and undermines reasoned critique.

MagicGoofy

Hey guys I found some leaked concept art for USH's Diagon Alley, It sure looks like it takes after Hogsmeade (in terms of sight lines) ;).
28s34tl.jpg

(No matter how angry you are with some of Disney's choices, just be thankful that we don't have to see this lmao) :p

Last edited:

JoeCamel

Guess I am dense, I read it as you posted a concept of Hogsmeade but it was showing DA. I understand the sightlines are very poor there and hope they can grow the bamboo faster than the buildings.

Rteetz

First Iger sighting at the oscars. His wife is not wearing a Star Wars themed dress this year unfortunately. You'd think she would considering the circumstances. I wonder how Bob is liking Chris Rock.

BrianLo

Ha, I actually thought that was supposed to be USJ at first glance. I can't speak to USH, but Japan has several high rise hotels looming at one end of the park, a massive bridge looming at the other (nothing says immersion like being able to watch traffic) and they screwed up the money shot with an exposed Hogwarts show building that's far more in your face than Orlando.

universal-studios-japan.jpg

24363501.jpg

b-usjharry-a-20140813.jpg

RSoxNo1

It's a Small World movie's in the works again.
http://www.laughingplace.com/w/news/2016/02/26/writers-hired-small-world-movie-works-disney/

Probably not gonna be anywhere near as crazy as the Cold War flavored Small World movie pitch from the 70s
http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_chief1/b/jim_hill/archive/2003/09/30/153.aspx
If Disney had any stones they'd release it on Halloween and make it a horror movie...

Here's the trailer:
(Black screen)
"It's a world of laughter"
(Flash of an image of the dolls laughing before going back to a black screen)
"It's a world of tears"
(Flash of an image of the dolls looking sad)
"It's a world of hope"
(Flash of an image of the dolls looking optimistic)
"And a world of fears..."
(All the dolls have knives, turn into chucky dolls and go on a murderous rampage)

I have time in my schedule to direct.

MagicGoofy

Ha, I actually thought that was supposed to be USJ at first glance. I can't speak to USH, but Japan has several high rise hotels looming at one end of the park, a massive bridge looming at the other (nothing says immersion like being able to watch traffic) and they screwed up the money shot with an exposed Hogwarts show building that's far more in your face than Orlando.

universal-studios-japan.jpg

24363501.jpg

b-usjharry-a-20140813.jpg
Woah, thats terrible... I would rather wait an extra 1-2 years for a land if that means I get full immersion and great photos in the long term.

FigmentJedi

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom