The return of old characters

Ignohippo

I'll never understand why they don't have at least 2 obscure characters out in the park every day. Do something so you never know who will show up. The Main Street turnaround would be a great place to do it.

Characters like:
• Max
• Chicken Little and Ugly Duckling
• the UP characters
• the parade monsters from Monsters, Inc
• Flick and Atta
• Pete
• Clarabell
• Hewie, Dewey and Louie
• Rabbit and Eyeore

I would think it would be a cheap way to add a lot of excitement.

fmingo36

Okay, remember this is just a rumor.

I've heard for the month of October many old and obscure characters may be making appearances at Walt Disney World. I would assume this would be for the 40th anniversary. I've also heard it will only be for the month.

I've also heard that Mickey's Not So Scary may have some different characters out this year.

That figures I've been down for MNSSHP for the past three years and as much as I LOVE it, it was pretty much the same characters each year. This year we are heading to DL in August so no October trip for me.

Scuttle

I'll never understand why they don't have at least 2 obscure characters out in the park every day. Do something so you never know who will show up. The Main Street turnaround would be a great place to do it.

Characters like:
• Max
• the UP characters
• Flick and Atta
• Pete
• Clarabell
• Hewie, Dewey and Louie
• Rabbit and Eyeore

Absolutley agree. Everything at WDW should be as new and spontaneous as possible while still keeping the nostalgic magic alive as well. This is a great idea. Have a random new character somewhere in each park each day. They could also use this to control crowd flow as well. I sure hope they do something like this for the 40th since no REAL attractions have opened up only refurbs. (although I am jacked about the Tiki Room!!!)

JIMINYCR

I have never in all my trips seen Dreamfinder and Figment. I would love to get a picture with them. Robin Hood would also be on my wish list. Maybe the obscure characters aren't around because the younger kids have no connection to them, wouldn't be attracted to them, because they don't watch the older Disney films. Meeting them might spark an interest to seek out the older films to watch. You don't see much of the older Disney DVDs for sale at Disney either.

Cosmic Commando

I've said it before, but I'll say it again: Rescue Rangers costumes for Chip and Dale. The kids who grew up on that show are having kids now and they would really get a kick out of it I think. The shows are out on DVD, but even if kids don't recognize the reference, they still like Chip and Dale.

EDIT: It would certainly be better than those weird Tomorrowland costumes that they have...

images

joanna71985

They actually do have the Rescue Ranger outfits for Chip and Dale (they would meet in them in Adventureland). However, they pretty much stopped wearing them back around 2005-2006.

MKCP 1985

If it were truly for the 40th, then you'd expect to see 3 Little Pigs and Big Bad Wolf, Robin Hood and gang. . . they were the characters you saw back in the early 70s.

At least, that's what the photos of my childhood show. :lol:

That's not to say it wouldn't be great fun to see the relatively more recent obscure characters as well. :king:

Cosmic Commando

They actually do have the Rescue Ranger outfits for Chip and Dale (they would meet in them in Adventureland). However, they pretty much stopped wearing them back around 2005-2006.
Yeah, I assumed that they would exist somewhere... I'm sure they met with them back during the RR heyday. I think they were at MNSSHP for a while... but I didn't see them in '08 or '10. That's part of the frustration for me... I knew that they were there, but I've never seen them!

Ignohippo

Characters like:
• Max
• the UP characters
• Flick and Atta
• Pete
• Clarabell
• Hewie, Dewey and Louie
• Rabbit and Eyeore

Robin Hood would be amazing as well!

See, that's what they're missing; kids would see a character in the parks and want to know more about them. It'd be a great way to get exposure to characters and products kids wouldn't know about otherwise.

Kirk88

Lotso WAS at DHS but, is being replaced by Pooh & Friends since the new movie comes out next month. I used to love seeing the more obscure characters. I seem to remember Robin Hood & Maid Marion walking around when I was a kid. Actually have a pic with me and Brer Fox somewhere at my parents house! Hope this is true! My kids are actually big fans of the more obscure characters as well. BTW, what's up with the Roger Rabbit law-suit?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom