The return of old characters

yankspy

Jaq and Gus! Wow, it would be super cool to see them out with Cinderella for the 40th. :D

Thinking of Robin Hood characters, in addition to Robin Hood, there was the Sheriff of Nottingham, Friar Tuck, Prince John, Little John and Maid Marian. Now, 5 or 6 year ago you could still see Robin Hood and Friar Tuck out in the Magic Kingdom, but I remember reading on these boards that people gave no love to Friar Tuck - they didn't know who he was and/or didn't want a photo with him. That is the downside to bringing out obscure characters. Maid Marian hasn't been seen in ages, but I was fortunate to get a photo at the Disney Half Marathon in 2009 of Robin Hood, Prince John, Little John and the Sheriff of Nottingham. :D

Edit: This 2008 sighting might have been one of the last reported appearances of Friar Tuck: http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showpost.php?p=3228741&postcount=45 Hmm . . . I recognize that forum member. :lol: :wave:

No offense to characters like Chicken Little and Meet the Robinsons, or our forum members who would like to see them, but what do those characters have to do with the 40th Anniversary of the Magic Kingdom?

Yep. In my album below I have pics of my sister in the late 70's with the Sheriff, Baloo, Thumper, Dumbo, etc..

I would agree that you probably would not see any newer characters since they do not much to do with the 40th.

Wouldn't it be great if the meet and greets in the new Storybook Circus tents, (where the princesses and faires used to be) were just six random characters. Anybody at anytime?!?

asianway

My niece and nephews would love to see Professor Von Drake! Has he ever been around?

Someone posted a pic of him in a parade at micechat - Ive never seen anyone with a pic of him at a M&G but someone told me he is available for special events

Bender!

Don't mean to bump a thread after its been down a couple days, but at the Magic of Disney Animation Place at DHS or whatever its called (where you can currently meet the Incredibles, Lotso, and Sorcerer Mickey) is a very good place to get some random or rare M&Gs. Good example, I was just there in April and they brought out Mary Poppins with three Penguins!

plaz10

They should make a curtain-ed area (like the one at Innoventions for Disney Visa M&G) at the Animation Studio and have it titled "Mystery Character" and they have a different "rare" character there every couple hours or so. People would flock to it for the chance to meet someone cool. I'm sure that with Twitter and such that the mystery would be revealed as soon as someone went in but thats why you change every couple hours to someone different. Keep us on our toes!!

PolynesianPrincess

I have a picture back in the day with Aladdin and Hercules ::swoon:: lol and also a picture with Pooh when he used to wear the hunny pot on his head.... I have to scan some pictures but my Mama has pictures from when I was little with Sherrif of Nottingham, 3 Little Pigs, etc... Ohhhh the memories!!! I'd love to see some of those characters back for sure but with kids these days not knowing who they are, I'm not sure they will do that... One can hope though right?! :)

BigNorm

Obscure character M&Gs I'd like to see:

Jim Hawkins, B.E.N. & John Silver ("Beware the Cyborg") from Treasure Planet
Gurgi from The Black Cauldron
Rescue Ranger Chip, Rescue Ranger Dale & Gadget Hackwrench
Uncle Scrooge, Launchpad McQuack & Darkwing Duck
TaleSpin Baloo and Louie
Doug from Disney's Doug
Tarzan and Jane
Robin Hood, Little John & Sheriff of Nottingham

and most importantly...

Oswald the Lucky Rabbit

I also wouldn't mind having Clarabelle Cow on a regular basis.

yoyoflamingo

When is the last time Uncle Scrooge was spotted?

We were there in December of 2009, and he was meeting guests by the Donald's Chirstmas Tree Farm display. I was with a group and the line was too long to wait, but I still regret not getting my picture taken with him.

SpectroPhoenix

My vote is for:
Professor Von Drake
Meet the Robinsons characters
anyone from Treasure Planet
Donald and Goofy in their Kingdom Hearts costumes (for MNSSHP at least)
Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers
Scrooge
Roger Rabit
Steamboat Willie
I doubt they ever existed, but the kids from Recess would be fun :p
Darkwing Duck (I found him once by the Toontown train station randomly once)
And...

OSWALD OF COURSE!

:D

spectromagic04

Obscure character M&Gs I'd like to see:

Jim Hawkins, B.E.N. & John Silver ("Beware the Cyborg") from Treasure Planet
Gurgi from The Black Cauldron
Rescue Ranger Chip, Rescue Ranger Dale & Gadget Hackwrench
Uncle Scrooge, Launchpad McQuack & Darkwing Duck
TaleSpin Baloo and Louie
Doug from Disney's Doug
Tarzan and Jane
Robin Hood, Little John & Sheriff of Nottingham

and most importantly...

Oswald the Lucky Rabbit

I also wouldn't mind having Clarabelle Cow on a regular basis.

I would also love to see Darkwing Duck and the Chipn Dale Rescue Rangers out for M&G's.

asianway

Don't mean to bump a thread after its been down a couple days, but at the Magic of Disney Animation Place at DHS or whatever its called (where you can currently meet the Incredibles, Lotso, and Sorcerer Mickey) is a very good place to get some random or rare M&Gs. Good example, I was just there in April and they brought out Mary Poppins with three Penguins!

There is only a set list of about 30 different characters who may appear on a given day, and during the course of a few days all of them will cycle through which by definition makes none of them "rare". Lotso was replaced by Pooh and now would be rare as he is not one of those 30.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom