The Positive Walt Disney World Discussion

DroPZ0nE25

Walt Disney World, there are so many positive things to say about this spectacular place. I would just like to saay that my mom was diagnosed with cancer 2 years ago, stage 4 I believe almost near death, and the only thing she wanted to do is go to Disney becasue that is her happy place where she can forget all her problems and just be happy. It just makes me smile knowing that a place like this can make someone so happy even though they they are ill/ or have a problem.. On a side note my mom has been cleared of all cancer after 2 years... hopefully we can go to Disney this time on a positive note.. I love Disney, and I will continue going back forever.

joanna71985

I love Disney. My favorite thing to do there is meet the characters. It's my hobby. I probably have become even more of a Disney fan since I started working in WDW.

Disneykidder

I'll say what others are feeling...Fun2BFree...why did you even bother to post on this? It is meant for people who have nicethings to say...not sarcastic!!

Crazy4WDW1

Here's to Off Kilter, Canadian Cheese Soup, zebra domes, churros, and Epcot Entrance Plaza music.
:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

I LOVE Epcot's entrance music as well! Epcot is also my fav park.

One of the attorneys in my office always tells people that "She's only doing two things . . . either she's at WDW or she's planning a trip to WDW". :wave:

Hrudey3032

I love that feeling I get when I pass the Walt Disney World sign on World Drive.I can be going to DTD and be so close to the parks and know that sometime those next few days I will be at Epcot or MK. Last month when I was there I was disappointed in the new SSE but thats because I was a huge fan of the Jeremy Irons narration.I still had such a great time as every time I go no matter what I am in the place that makes me feel 13 again and not 33.Its where a man like myself can go and leave the stressfulness of my job behind and not have a care in the world.I love to go over to Fantasia Gardens with my dad and brother and "compete" for the best of the Smith family.I love seeing a movie at DTD(I can see a movie anywhere but this is just more magical)I love seeing the speeds signs with Donalds colors.(Just look at the yellow stripes and the blue pole).I love the entrance music at the parks as it makes me excited to start the day.I look forward to the Double cheeseburger basket(hate the new buns tho) at Pecos Bills or Cosmic Rays.I miss just being there so that makes me eager to go back soon!

jorgetheviking

Original Poster
I love how Epcot is a place that I can go to just relax.
Magic Kingdom is the only place where everybody can be happy all at the same time.

sweetpee_1993

5. I love going on it's a small world. I have loved that ride ever since I was 4 years old. I also love dolls and small world is doll heaven.

DH & both DS's hate IASW but always ride it with me quietly at least once. I loooove it. Ever since I can remember I loved it. I grew up in the greater Orlando area so when we learned to sing in round in music class in grade school we sang IASW, both verses. When my boys were babies I would rock them and sing the song to them. It's a ride full of beautiful dolls. I collect dolls. The little girl in me still wants to climb out of the boat and run over to play with them. :) I'm glad you love them, too, Flower's Child. :animwink:

Flower'sChild

DH & both DS's hate IASW but always ride it with me quietly at least once. I loooove it. Ever since I can remember I loved it. I grew up in the greater Orlando area so when we learned to sing in round in music class in grade school we sang IASW, both verses. When my boys were babies I would rock them and sing the song to them. It's a ride full of beautiful dolls. I collect dolls. The little girl in me still wants to climb out of the boat and run over to play with them. :) I'm glad you love them, too, Flower's Child. :animwink:

When I went on it's a small world for the first time ever (or the first time that I can remember) my eyes were so wide open and I was looking all around and I had the look of childlike bliss on my face :wave: I was 4 years old and I believe this was right after I went on Space Mountain and Space Mountain scared me to death and small world was a nice ride to make little me feel better ;) This was the same day that my parents purchased a record of DisneyLand music while we were in DisneyWorld :king:

When we got home I never went up to my room. The DisneyLand record was in the record player and I laid down on the floor and went to sleep as the record played it's a small world and other DisneyLand songs. Back then I thought the music was from DisneyWorld, but as the years passed I figured out that it was from DisneyLand ;)

It's been 27 years since I went on it's a small world for the first time ever. Now I went on that ride for my 31st birthday, notice I just said 27 years from the first time that I went on that ride ;) Though it might be 26 and a half, because I just turned 27 and I think it was during the summer after I turned 4 when I went on it's a small world for the first time ever :p

Anyways sweetpee_1993, I am glad to see that you love it's a small world and dolls :)

jorgetheviking

Original Poster
When I take my first trip to Disney with a new pass I ussually do IASW first b/c for some reason it brings the Disney magic to me like no other ride in WDW.

DivineMadness7

Oh yeah. Loooove the food at Epcot. We decided to try staying at Beach Club for our December trip this year so we'll have the International Gateway to run right in to sample some yummy cuisine. Mmmmmm :slurp:

You made a wonderful choice. We stayed at Beach Club on our last trip and we spent so much time at Epcot. Even if we came back for a midday break from another park, we were such a short walk to England that we would grab fish and chips, bring them back to the room and relax. After being so spoiled at the Beach Club, it's going to be tough to stay at another resort! It is the perfect example of "getting what you pay for."

DivineMadness7

I love that I share my love of WDW with my family. People become so baffled when we say we're going back. But it's the one vacation that my whole family can truly enjoy together. Some of us are beach people, others hate it. Some like camping, I hate it :lol: But in WDW....well, we all are just so happy. There's something for all of us. I don't always feel like I have a lot in common with them, but we always have WDW.

I love Dole Whips, Casey's hot dogs, Rose and Crown fish & chips, mickey ice cream bars......wait, anyone sensing a pattern here? :ROFLOL:

I love Muppets 3D. I love the fountain with my favorite Muppets on it. I love going in the Muppet store, though I'm usually disappointed by the lack of Gonzo items. But I still love it.

I love Epcot. I used to be sort of apathetic towards Epcot, but I've really found a new appreciation for it. It might even be my favorite park now.

I love having the opportunity and means to go to wdw. Of course I would like to go more, but I am so fortunate to be able to go as often as I do. That, in itself, is quite a blessing.

BeanSz

This is a great post. I just told my wife the other day I was thinking of something similar since I get so aggrevated by all the negativity on this site at times, and so many that respond are so one sided on their feedback. I think Disney needs to be commended for creating a diverse experience that appeals to a wide audience (which means no one will like very aspect of the experience); just like Walt, the parks continue to evolve and yes, push what is popular and what the studios are pushing just like Walt did. Disney also should be commended for giving us affordable options to visit WDW. For those that do not have the cash necessary, there are many times of the year you can get some really good deals. Value resorts are only about $80 per night -- heck, you cannot stay at a Hampton Inn for this much. There are many options to make the park tickets cheaper by not adding water parks, or hopper options. And the dining plan is a nice option, but again, if it's not for you go ala cart --- Thank you Disney for creating many options that give folks options regardless of their budget. I love this flexibility. I lvoe the fact that the parks continue to evolve. I love watching my sons by thrilled by the things they see in movies on and on TV and love the fact that Disney is staying so current with their entertain. I love the variety of hotels, yes I cannot afford to stay in all of them on every visit, but that is not Disney's fault. Thank you Disney for all of this and more. We will be back in only 292 days!!!

Balasada

Banned
I love how they only announce certain price hikes like tickets and parking. That way you don't feel like you have been ripped off too much for the food and such.

SirNim

There's nothing quite like catching a bus back to Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort from the Epcot resort bus station at 10:30 at night, all the lights turned off, everybody quiet, sleeping babies and bags full of toys in tow, and looking out the window watching an illuminated Spaceship Earth silently hover the scene before sinking beneath the swampy trees as the bus approaches the resort, while you make plans to fill up your refillable mug with as much soda as you can (you're thirsty, you've been out in the park, exhausted, all day!), and maybe crack open a box of chocolate-covered Mickey-shaped pretzels you bought at the resort gift shop, and attempt to resist the urge to toss a little pretzel crumb to the many wonderful ducks that float on and live around the Sassagoula River...

DisneyAnole

I love EPCOT because I can go all over the world and not worry about getting shot at. Any day i dont get shot at is a plus in my book. Wands dont mean anything to me, I just wish that cute little purple dragon and his nice bearded friend were still there. Sometimes we just need to go retro. I can spend a whole vacation at EPCOT or Animal Kingdom. I'm big on history and geography and I throughly enjoy both of those parks for those reasons.

Better not leave Disney property then. Orange County is...well, Orange County is like Disney World for criminals!

LeeLee D

There's nothing quite like catching a bus back to Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort from the Epcot resort bus station at 10:30 at night, all the lights turned off, everybody quiet, sleeping babies and bags full of toys in tow, and looking out the window watching an illuminated Spaceship Earth silently hover the scene before sinking beneath the swampy trees as the bus approaches the resort, while you make plans to fill up your refillable mug with as much soda as you can (you're thirsty, you've been out in the park, exhausted, all day!), and maybe crack open a box of chocolate-covered Mickey-shaped pretzels you bought at the resort gift shop, and attempt to resist the urge to toss a little pretzel crumb to the many wonderful ducks that float on and live around the Sassagoula River...

Poetic:cool:

I remember many times as a child riding the almost freezer like buses or monorails back to our hotel. Everyone so tired and yet so content.

I guess that's why I keep going back. It is the one place in my life where I am truely content and at peace. Worth every penny.:)

OilSlinger822

haha I thought I was the only one who has fond memories of not just the parks, but the bus rides. To me, I first get excited when I ride the freezing buses all slammed packed to the parks...then nodding off in them on the way back to the hotel.

And since this is just about positive stuff in general, I gotta say that Disney is where I have some of my fondest childhood memories. My family goes just about every other year and each time has been a new experience... I'm going this spring though with my best friends and I have a feeling it's gonna be one of the best trips yet! I actually love Disney so much I'm planning on working there after I get my degree :ROFLOL:

p.s.... I'm so glad I found a website where ppl are just as obsessed as me! lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom