The only way Disney can beat Harry Potter

WED99

I wouldn't say Star Wars is the only way to beat Harry Potter (even though I believe Cars Land did this). I could think of at least 20 other things they could do!

And FJ is an amazing attraction, but not the best in the world. I would say it's on the same level as Star Tours 2 theming wise, but that is the only comparable part of the two. They are completely different experiences and I will continue to enjoy both :)

blueboxdoctor

Veering off topic BUT... I love those Sherlcok Holmes movies! Seeing Don Giovanni (my favorite opera, and that's a hard list to compile) being featured both as a plot device but having the music featured in the SH themes...that was great! Okay, carry on

Any relation to those horrid SH movies and WDW is a horrifying thought, even if it was never suggested by anyone. That said, what Disney needs is something to get boys into WDW, as the new Fantasyland is really geared towards girls.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Tower of Terror is in DHS at Walt Disney World.

Jimmy Thick- * Chuckles *
I love ToT. It is well themed, and unique in that it's the only ride of its kind that moves laterally (that I know of). That being said, the ride itself is nothing new. Take away the lateral movement and theming, and you have the same mechanic as any other tower ride.
Take that away from Forbidden Journey, and you still have the most advance ride out there. Add the fact that the theming is more immersive, the effects are more impressive, and the ride is one-of-a-kind... ToT doesn't stand a chance.
As for Pan: other than a disproportionate wait time, how does it beat FJ? Please, enlighten me.

I wouldn't say Star Wars is the only way to beat Harry Potter (even though I believe Cars Land did this). I could think of at least 20 other things they could do!

And FJ is an amazing attraction, but not the best in the world. I would say it's on the same level as Star Tours 2 theming wise, but that is the only comparable part of the two. They are completely different experiences and I will continue to enjoy both :)

Um, Same level as Star Tours 2 Theming wise? PLEASE tell me you are joking about this...

BryceM

Um, Same level as Star Tours 2 Theming wise? PLEASE tell me you are joking about this...
Same. The depth of the Forbidden Journey is just 10x better than Star Tours. Forbidden Journey builds up the second you enter Hogsmeade and see Hogwarts in the distance. Then you approach the castle (which is a very, very accurate representation) and then enter the dungeon, the greenhouse and then through the halls of Hogwarts. Then the actual ride begins...

Star Tours is great, but it can't hold a candle to Forbidden Journey.

captainkidd

FJ is far from my favorite attraction, but you have got to be kidding about the theming. It's not even close. FJ's queue alone is better than all of Star Tours.

Disneyhead'71

I actually agree with him. Star Tours is my favorite ride and has themeing just as good as FJ. And besides, we're supposed to,see the bulding :rolleyes:
Favorite ride, fine. Themeing as good as Forbidden Journey? I want what your smoking. If you had said Tower of Terror, while I wouldn't agree, i could at least understand. Star Tours? No.

ThemeParks4Life

Favorite ride, fine. Themeing as good as Forbidden Journey? I want what your smoking. If you had said Tower of Terror, while I wouldn't agree, i could at least understand. Star Tours? No.

While it's not as iconic as Hogwarts, the facade and queue still have excellent themeing. Ad besides, there's AAs in the queue, where FJ just has props and SCREENS!!!!

While it's not as iconic as Hogwarts, the facade and queue still have excellent themeing. Ad besides, there's AAs in the queue, where FJ just has props and SCREENS!!!!
I don't think anyone is saying the theming isnt great for Star Tours, it Really is! But, in the way of being better then FJ, no way. I don't diminish the ride quality and all that stuff but, theming isn't as intricate as FJ by any means. They could have had Star Wars lego sets and people would say the theming was great lol. Heck, they couldn't really could not go wrong in the way of theming anything Star Wars related.....

ThemeParks4Life

Not questioning you opinion, but by any chance do you own more Star Wars merchandise than Potter merchendise. Do you own the 6 Star Wars Blu-rays? The 8 Potter Blu-rays?

I have more Star Wars stuff then HP. I have all 8 Potter films on Blu Ray, but I'm waiting for Disney to release the original, unedited SW films on Blu Ray before I buy them.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Crap, forgot about the sorting hat. ST still has more AAs in the queue.

More AA's in the queue doesn't necessarily make it better. The AA's in Star Tours work very well, but I much prefer the use of the projection technology in the FJ queue for the character appearances. I don't think AA's would work as well for that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom