The only way Disney can beat Harry Potter

Captain Chaos

You're telling me. I don't see the difference between the themed islands at Islands of Adventure and the themed lands of Magic Kingdom when it comes to what the lands are composed of.

If she thinks that Jurassic Park, Port of Entry, Wizarding World of Harry Potter, The Lost Continent, etc. are just pained concrete, then she must be on some sort of very strong medication or just completely blinded by her own opinions so she destroys anything that gets in her way. Ugh.
It is called pixie dust... it affects the brain in a way worse than other drugs... It rots in from inside out, causes loss of all common sense (providing people had it to begin with), and causes you to post like.. well, I will not name names but you know the culprits...

GeorgiaPinesRJB

It is called pixie dust... it affects the brain in a way worse than other drugs... It rots in from inside out, causes loss of all common sense (providing people had it to begin with), and causes you to post like.. well, I will not name names but you know the culprits...

It can't be the Pixie Dust... I consider myself a big Disney fanboi and EVEN THEN I'm not nearly that delusional. I think what this is is actual rectal-cranial inversion.

BigRedDad

I have been to Harry Potter land several times. The first time it was great, the second time it was good, the third time it was "seen it, done it, don't need to again". The only good thing I like about Universal is that I can do everything in a park I want to in the first 3 hours. This leaves me time to relax, enjoy the pool, and party with friends I only see once a year.

It is the best place to go for a short trip (2-3 days). I cannot do 2-3 days at Disney any more now that I don't live 2 hours away.

Harry Potter is already fading away from pop culture prominence. My niece and nephew are just a personal anecdote. They used to like Harry Potter, but now they think that is for "babies". That's what they said. I have all the Potter movies and sometime I try to put them on when they are here but they don't have much interest in them. My nephew wanted Star Wars Legos for Christmas though. And my niece has a Star Wars Angry Birds game she likes to play. So they both still like Star Wars.

The Potter books have not been touched on their bookshelf in a long time.

There's no new Potter products, merchandise, or projects to keep the brand thriving. Yes, a generation or so of kids grew up loving this stuff and will be nostalgic for it into their young adult lives...but is Potter catching the new kids coming up in its magic?

Not if my niece and nephew are indicative of any trend.

But think of all the kids who are just picking up a Harry Potter book for the first time, or adults, or anyone. Everyone grows and changes. There will always be a new drop of fans of the movies and books. Kids that were 3 years old when the attraction area opened, are now starting to read and in another few years will be reading on their own. Imagine how it will look to a 7 year old who JUST read his/her first chapter book on his/her own...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom