The only way Disney can beat Harry Potter

BryceM

Tower of Terror is in DHS at Walt Disney World.

Jimmy Thick- * Chuckles *
I do agree that Tower of Terror is one of the best rides ever conceived. But with The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man and Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at Islands of Adventure, they give the Tower of Terror a run for it's money. And I hate to say it, but the Forbidden Journey's queue managed to completely trump Tower of Terror's. And that's a hard thing to do.

Jimmy Thick

I do agree that Tower of Terror is one of the best rides ever conceived. But with The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man and Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at Islands of Adventure, they give the Tower of Terror a run for it's money. And I hate to say it, but the Forbidden Journey's queue managed to completely trump Tower of Terror's. And that's a hard thing to do.

I like Forbidden Journey, its a cool ride, but its not universally loved. I would be so bold to say Peter Pan draws more guests a day the Forbidden Journey. Thats not being a fanboi, thats being honest. Peter Pan is what, 30 years older with dated technology...

Jimmy Thick- 3, maybe 4 to 1...

BryceM

I like Forbidden Journey, its a cool ride, but its not universally loved. I would be so bold to say Peter Pan draws more guests a day the Forbidden Journey. Thats not being a fanboi, thats being honest. Peter Pan is what, 30 years older with dated technology...

But it's in the most visited park in the world and more guests can ride it because it isn't deemed "thrilling", which probably turns young kids, pregnant women, older people, etc. away from riding Forbidden Journey.

Jimmy Thick

But it's in the most visited park in the world and more guests can ride it because it isn't deemed "thrilling", which probably turns young kids, pregnant women, older people, etc. away from riding Forbidden Journey.

So what you're saying is, Forbidden Journey appeals to a limited amount of people where as a dated ride like Peter Pan appeals to more of the general public?

And Potter is beating Disney how?

Jimmy Thick- A moment of clarity in a sea of lies and mistruths.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
So what you're saying is, Forbidden Journey appeals to a limited amount of people where as a dated ride like Peter Pan appeals to more of the general public?

I think what the other party is stating is that if you adjust for crowd attendance, lunar cycle, and the rate of inflation, FJ beats PP.

BryceM

Trying to have a discussion with you is impossible due to your excessive habit of placing words in other's mouths so it appears that you will be always be right.

Jimmy Thick

I don't think so.....they can't even get the end of the world right.

Maybe the Mayans were not predicting the end of the world, but the end of Disney World...

Maybe the cycle has begun!!!

Jimmy Thick- Doom and gloom...Pixie Dusters...Its coming together like a giant puzzle...

Jimmy Thick

Trying to have a discussion with you is impossible due to your excessive habit of placing words in other's mouths so it appears that you will be always be right.

LOLZ.

Nah, just blame my poor comprehension. Iam not making any kind of point.

Jimmy Thick- Seriously. ;);)

BryceM

LOLZ.

Nah, just blame my poor comprehension. Iam not making any kind of point.

Jimmy Thick- Seriously. ;);)
Then when I think I understand your posts, I read your little italics under the main point and then I get even more confused as if there is some other meaning to what you said. Ahhhh. Hahaha.

Jimmy Thick

Then when I think I understand your posts, I read your little italics under the main point and then I get even more confused as if there is some other meaning to what you said. Ahhhh. Hahaha.

Every post I make is a brilliantly designed cipher for the faithful. Cracking my prose is part of the fun.

Jimmy Thick- I have baffled the very best.

luv

Disney isn't willing to spend the money to do what it takes to beat HP. If they were, they'd have HP at WDW.

Star Wars is in no way competition for HP. It would be big with Star Wars fans, but that is it.

bsiev1977

Disney isn't willing to spend the money to do what it takes to beat HP. If they were, they'd have HP at WDW.

Star Wars is in no way competition for HP. It would be big with Star Wars fans, but that is it.

I must respectfully disagree with you. Star Wars almost definitely has more fans than Harry Potter does.
To say a Star Wars land would only appeal to Star Wars fans, like that means nothing, doesn't make a lot of sense. To whom does Harry Potter land appeal to beside Harry Potter fans?

Just to be clear, I'm not bashing WWoHP. I've been there and think it is a fantastic achievement for Universal. Just disagreeing with your idea that a Star Wars land wouldn't be able to compete.

Disneyhead'71

Disney can beat Harry Potter by focusing on rehab and maintenance instead of building new things.

Universal is just another freakin' theme park....it is practically Six Flags with more money.

And the Disney parks are just amusement parks with a blind fan base that would rather substitute real life experiences with plastic imitations. You can ride a toony kiddie ride into an aquarium or you could actually dive a real coral reef. Or see a crap imitation of a Broadway show at DHS OR see a show on the real Broadway.

That said, WDW is hemorrhaging money like its going out of style to that Six Flags imitation up the road.

Disneyhead'71

So Tower of Terror appeals to a limited audience where as a ride like One Fish, Two Fish is able to accomadate a broader audience. That's why Islands of Adventure is a better park.

See I can do Non Sequitur logic too.

Mo' Ron!

Disneyhead'71

Considering Pan has about 900/pph capacity and FJ has about 2800/pph capacity I would say you are very wrong.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom