The Official Meet Monty Meet & Dole Whip Party!!

EPCOT.nut

While I have to be back up in Ocala at 5:00 pm, that should mean we can all get together on my birthday weekend. Plus it's Monty and it's Dole Whip!

So the "boyfriend" is a go :p

~Marcus

YAY! I can smuggle in some rum for the Dole Whip Floats so we can celebrate your birthday properly! :lol: (would we wind up in the infamous WDW Hooligans thread...?)

Back to Ocala by 5pm? I dunno....! That means you need to leave the World by about 3:30-ish? MK's kind of a PIA on a time schedule because you can't just get outta the parking lot, you've got to do the monorail thing...what time are you guys going to get to MK?

sillyspook13

YAY! I can smuggle in some rum for the Dole Whip Floats so we can celebrate your birthday properly! :lol: (would we wind up in the infamous WDW Hooligans thread...?)

Back to Ocala by 5pm? I dunno....! That means you need to leave the World by about 3:30-ish? MK's kind of a PIA on a time schedule because you can't just get outta the parking lot, you've got to do the monorail thing...what time are you guys going to get to MK?

Neither of us really drink much. Care to smuggle in a bottle of wine instead?:slurp: :lol:

We'll probably get there around noon. We haven't made concrete plans yet.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Neither of us really drink much. Care to smuggle in a bottle of wine instead?:slurp: :lol:

We'll probably get there around noon. We haven't made concrete plans yet.
Since my 12yo DS will be with me, I'll be abstaining... :lookaroun

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Original Poster
I want you all to know I was at Aloha Isle today and did NOT have a float! It was terribly tempting, especially since my poor daughter has never tried one... but I am waiting for next week :D

Aren't you proud of me? :cool:

Somebody better be proud of me or I just wasted a perfectly good opportunity to have a Dole Float :eek:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I want you all to know I was at Aloha Isle today and did NOT have a float! It was terribly tempting, especially since my poor daughter has never tried one... but I am waiting for next week :D

Aren't you proud of me? :cool:

Somebody better be proud of me or I just wasted a perfectly good opportunity to have a Dole Float :eek:
I terribly proud of you! :D

:lookaroun

Terribly, because it's terrible that you were that horribly cruel to your DD! :fork:

You'd better bring her along next Sunday so you can correct this egregious error. DS will be happy to see anyone under 16 and that I don't know through WDWMagic! :lol:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Original Poster
It's not like she begged me or anything! Sheesh.

She has been invited for next week, but she has not told me yet if she will be joining us. For the record though, she is unfortunately not under 16... she is 21 :)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
It's not like she begged me or anything! Sheesh.

She has been invited for next week, but she has not told me yet if she will be joining us. For the record though, she is unfortunately not under 16... she is 21 :)
In that case... :sohappy:

:lol:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Original Poster
Oddly enough, I figure that tired old "parental example" nonsense might have some merit... :lol:

I must have done something wrong then, because my son always decides what I would do in any given situation and then he does the opposite...

:shrug::eek::)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
So, Mr. Monty, have you started packing yet? Is DS excited? You leave Saturday, yes?

I've packed and re-packed a half dozen times thus far...

DS12 is: "Meh... :shrug:" :lol:

He gets excited on the DME bus... before that he has no interest. [Clearly a fault he inherited from his mother :lookaroun]

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Original Poster

I've packed and re-packed a half dozen times thus far...

DS12 is: "Meh... :shrug:" :lol:

He gets excited on the DME bus... before that he has no interest. [Clearly a fault he inherited from his mother :lookaroun]

Clearly :lol:

Sounds like he would relate to DD21 then, as she is "meh..." on most things too. This past Saturday she met Nathan Fillion, an actor from her Firefly/Serenity obsession, and she actually cracked a smile, a really big one, I was shocked to see the outpouring of emotion :rolleyes:

SweetMagic

Oh Meyla Weyla
Original Poster
Ok Monty, where are ya... we want details on the packing and plotting and planning, and why you're losing your sanity!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Ok Monty, where are ya... we want details on the packing and plotting and planning, and why you're losing your sanity!
:ROFLOL:

Well, let's see:

Packing: I've thus far packed are re-packed the suitcase six or seven times... :lookaroun

Plotting: Honestly, no plotting here... That implies subterfuge or nefarious intent of some kind. And I'm too nice a guy to plot! :animwink:

Planning: My trip planning was complete six months-ish ago, ADRs made, parks assigned to days, airline tickets secured and hotel chosen and booked. Adjustments were made along the way... Hotel changed to AP discount, added ADR for Yak & Yeti when it was available, got P&PP tics with AP discount [$31.90ea :sohappy:]... Biggest planning other than that has been this thread and the occasional odd member who can't make it Sunday trying to coordinate meeting at other than the meet [that just doesn't sound as logical as it is :p]

Losing sanity: Many who know me will freely acknowledge that there isn't a significant amount left to lose [assuming it may have been there at some point in the distant past :lookaroun], but as I get closer to the trip, my focus becomes "impaired" by all things Disney... :shrug:

DS12 just sits and shakes his head at me, wondering if I'll ever grow up... [he's watching over my shoulder as I type this and complaining about it :lol:]

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom