The Official Hurricane Jeanne thread

Tramp

Atta83 said:
I think she is playing ring around the rosie with herself...shes so alone..

Yeah, it looks like it's looping around and they now say she can threaten the Florida/Carolina coasts. :mad:

Tim G

Original Poster
Hurricane Jeanne Update

3-Day Forecast Track

222058W.gif

Tim G

Original Poster
Hurricane Jeanne Update

Jeanne Planning attack On Florida's flank ?

This display shows the probability, in percent, that the center of the tropical cyclone will pass within 75 statute miles of a location during the 72 hours beginning at the time indicated in the caption. The caption also provides the name of the tropical cyclone and the advisory number from which the probabilities were generated. Contour levels shown are 10%, 20%, 50% and 100%.

222058P.gif

The Mom

Premium Member
Oh darn; better get the lanterns back out. :rolleyes:
At least my battery-powered fans are on the way. :lol: (Thanks cru5h; I never thought of it until you mentioned them. :kiss: )

Tim G

Original Poster
The prediction is somewhere around thursday... IF it hits Florida...

it's a probability map... with a 10 to 19% chance of hitting Florida...

So don't worry...

We'll keep you informed on the Weather Forum...

nicholas

Thanks, Corrus. I've been keeping close tabs on these hurricane threads and appreciate all you've put into them! :wave:

Keeping my eyes open for updates.

Tramp

The Mom said:
Oh darn; better get the lanterns back out. :rolleyes:
At least my battery-powered fans are on the way. :lol: (Thanks cru5h; I never thought of it until you mentioned them. :kiss: )

I swear, if this hurricane could talk, it must have said, "Oops, I missed Florida." :confused:

The Mom

Premium Member
Darn! It's further south again! I really don't wish it on the Carolinas...but damn! I don't want Florida to take another hit! :cry:

rctfan

mmh, I seriously begin to worry. I 'll arrive from Chicago on Sunday evening, and when I see the 5-days forecast (if this happens), the eye of hurricane should be just above Orlando at that time... :(

Mimi04

rctfan said:
mmh, I seriously begin to worry. I 'll arrive from Chicago on Sunday evening, and when I see the 5-days forecast (if this happens), the eye of hurricane should be just above Orlando at that time... :(
I am is the same situation! I am traveling from Chicago and scheduled to arrive on Saturday! My heart sank to my stomach when I turned on the Weather channel last night! I don't know if I should reschedule our trip or hope for the best. :veryconfu

Tim G

Original Poster
Hurricane Jeanne Update

Jeanne Is Moving More West

STORM STATUS September 23, 10:46 AM EDT

Name: Hurricane Jeanne
Location: About 465 miles, 745 km, East of Great Abaco Island.
Lat/Long: 25.6N, 69.7W
Max Winds: 105 mph
Category: 2
Heading: West
Speed: 5 mph
Pressure: 28.53 inches

Detailed Forecast

Hurricane Jeanne may make landfall along our coast this weekend.
Be sure to keep yourself up-to-date with this dangerous situation.

Tim G

Original Poster
Hurricane Jeanne Advisory Number 40

Issued at: 10:46 AM EDT 9/23/04

Jeanne strengthens a little while moving slowly westward

A tropical storm watch remains in effect for the central bahamas, including cat island, the exumas, long island, rum cay, and san salvador. A tropical storm watch means that tropical storm conditions are possible in the watch area within 36 hr.

A hurricane watch may be required for the northwestern bahamas later today.

Interests in the northwest bahamas, and on the Florida peninsula, should closely monitor the progress of jeanne.

At 11 am edt, 1500z, the center of hurricane jeanne was located near latitude 25.6 north, longitude 69.7 west or about 465 miles, 745 km, east of great abaco island.

Jeanne is moving toward the west near 5 mph, 7 km/hr, and genereal motion is expected to continue for the next 24 hours.

Maximum sustained winds are near 105 mph, 165 km/hr, with higher gusts. A slow increase in strength is possible during the next 24 hours.

Hurricane force winds extend outward up to 45 miles, 75 km, from the center, and tropical storm force winds extend outward up to 140 miles, 220 km.

The estimated minimum central pressure is 966 mb, 28.53 inches.

Dangerous surf and rip currents, caused by large swells generated by hurricane jeanne, are possible along the southeastern u.s. Coast and the northwest and central bahamas for the next few days.

Repeating the 11 am edt position, 25.6 n, 69.7 w. Movement toward, west near 5 mph. Maximum sustained winds, 105 mph. Minimum central pressure, 966 mb.

For storm information specific to your area, please monitor products issued by your local weather office.

An intermediate advisory will be issued by the national hurricane center at 2 pm edt followed by the next complete advisory

Tim G

Original Poster
Hurricane Jeanne Update

Hurricane Jeanne May Threaten Florida This Weekend

UPDATED: 11:28 am EDT September 23, 2004

MIAMI -- Hurricane Jeanne appeared to be zeroing in on the southeast U.S. coast Thursday, with forecasts putting Florida firmly in the deadly storm's sights with landfall possible this weekend.

Still, meteorologists at the National Hurricane Center in Miami warned that Jeanne and its 105-mph top sustained winds could hit anywhere from Florida to the Carolinas. But storm-battered Florida was a more likely target than it was a day earlier, said Eric Blake, a meteorologist at the hurricane center.
"It's time for Floridians to seriously pay attention," Blake said.

At 11 a.m. EDT, Jeanne was centered about 465 miles east of Great Abaco Island in the Bahamas. It was moving west near 5 mph, a speed that would bring it near Florida by Sunday. An eventual turn to the northwest was predicted, but it was unclear if that would happen before Jeanne reached Florida.

Jeanne could first pass over the northwest and central Bahamas, so those areas were under a tropical storm watch. Blake said it seemed less possible that Jeanne would curve back out to sea and avoid land.

Jeanne was blamed for more than 1,070 deaths in Haiti, where it hit over the weekend as a tropical storm and caused flooding. It moved out to sea before looping back toward land.

Many Floridians hoped that they were done with hurricanes this year. Hurricanes Charley, Frances and Ivan hit the state over a span of five weeks this summer, causing billions of dollars of damage and more than 60 deaths.

Tim G

Original Poster
Hurricane Jeanne Update

Florida Under The Gun Once Again

September 23, 2004, 11:02 AM EDT

MIAMI -- Hurricane Jeanne appeared to be zeroing in on the southeast U.S. coast today, with forecasts putting Florida firmly in the deadly storm's sights with landfall possible this weekend.

The 11 a.m. projected path from the National Hurricane Center has Jeanne making landfall along Florida's east coast by 8 a.m. on Sunday.
The current path shows the storm could hit right near where Hurricane Frances made landfall in early September, north of West Palm Beach.
While Frances crossed the state, Jeanne's projected path has it skirting the coast north up the entire state.
The storm would pass right over Brevard and Volusia counties, which were hit hard during Frances.

Still, meteorologists at the National Hurricane Center in Miami warned that Jeanne and its 105-mph top sustained winds could hit anywhere from Florida to the Carolinas.
But storm-battered Florida was a more likely target than it was a day earlier, said Eric Blake, a meteorologist at the hurricane center.

"It's time for Floridians to seriously pay attention," Blake said.

At 11 a.m., Jeanne was centered about 465 miles east of Great Abaco Island in the Bahamas.
Jeanne is now moving toward the west near 5 mph after drifting erratically most of this morning, according to the National Weather Service. Maximum sustained winds are near 105 mph with higher gusts.
A slow increase in strength is possible during the next 24 hours. An eventual turn to the northwest was predicted, but it was unclear if that would happen before Jeanne reached Florida.

Jeanne could first pass over the northwest and central Bahamas, so those areas were under a tropical storm watch.
Blake said it seemed less possible that Jeanne would curve back out to sea and avoid land.

Jeanne was blamed for more than 1,070 deaths in Haiti, where it hit over the weekend as a tropical storm and caused flooding.
It moved out to sea before looping back toward land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom