The Official Hurricane Jeanne thread

Tim G

Original Poster
kevmagkingdom said:
Look Corrus, sorry to bash. I know you are keeping them informed. Not being in Florida it's hard to relate, sometimes annoying but i know you're doing it for a good reason. Bless you for keeping them informed. I will keep out now
You have a right to your own opinion...

Some facts:

Which you can check for yourself...

Start of Hurricane IVAN Thread: september 3rd 2004
3 days later (september 6th)
Position of IVAN: 52West-11North (See Top map)

Start of Hurricane JEANNE Thread: september 14TH 2004
Today (september 14th)
Position of JEANNE: 63West-17 North (See Lower Map)

As you can see IVAN was more east than Jeanne is NOW,

NOW you're telling me I'm starting too soon ?!?

Greetz!

Attachments

• ivanpath.JPG
    ivanpath.JPG
    313.8 KB · Views: 213
  • JeannePath.JPG
    JeannePath.JPG
    295 KB · Views: 212

Mikejakester

corrus, dude, Don't worry about it, Don't listen to him, you dont have to explain why you are doing this,

i think it's awsome,

I think it prevents the forums from having 50,000 different treads of the same subject.

Thanks corrus, and wish us LUCK, Jeanne will hit land in a couple of Hours.

kevmagkingdom said:
Sorry for the ______ but you are being RIDICULOUS! What's next, the hurricane Kori thread? The hurricane Lance thread?

Wait until it's a HURRICANE before posting mile long articles.

Actually it's Karl and Lisa. If you aren't interested in these threads, perhaps you should move along to one that is more suited to you. Thank you. :wave:

Erika

Mikejakester said:
corrus, dude, Don't worry about it, Don't listen to him, you dont have to explain why you are doing this,

i think it's awsome,

I think it prevents the forums from having 50,000 different treads of the same subject.

Stay safe over there!!!

tigger248

kevmagkingdom said:
It's Not Even Hitting Floria, So F__________g Forget It. For Now!!

Whoa! That seems a little uncalled for. It may not be physically hitting Florida now, but it may be in the semi-near future. I think the updates are great and they help people possibly prepare for what may or may not affect their homes or vacations. If you disagree with the thread, then don't read it. But please don't curse about something of interest to others. We're all entitled to our opinions, but I'd appreciate if you'd voice yours a little more civilly.

Great job Corrus! As always, you're doing a great job and I think the majority of us (I know I do) really appreciate all the hard work you're putting into these updates. God bless you!

Mr D

I've been lurking here for something like two years and I've seen it all... :p

And I'm too cheap to be a "Premium" member! :cry:

Oprah, buy me a Premium member status so I can bask in glory!!! :king:

WDWScottieBoy

kevmagkingdom said:
It's Not Even Hitting Floria, So F__________g Forget It. For Now!!

Nice to see he's gone now. I've been annoyed by him since he first joined. I don't know that I can think of one positive post he made.

And Corrus, I don't live in FL but have many good friends there and I appreciate your hard work! Soon enough, I'll be your neighbor too! :sohappy: I like keeping on top of the weather and enjoy seeing the images you can give us and keep us informed. Again, THANKS!

Kadee

Thanks Corrus, for doing what you do. It is greatly appreciated.

I did not know that Jeanne was THAT close to the US (Florida, especially). That is a bit scary. With all the coverage on Ivan here on the AL Gulf Coast, no one has mentioned Jeanne. Keep us updated Corrus!!! I hope this one will just spin into the Atlantic and not bother anyone.

JBSLJames

Mikejakester said:

i think it's awsome,

Let me know if they come out with "I survived Tropical Storm Jeanne T-Shirts". I may have a close relative that goes by this name and a shirt like that would be fun.

Oh, and Be SAFE. :wave:

Tim G

Original Poster
Update Tropical Storm Jeanne

UPDATED: 3:05 pm EDT September 15, 2004

Strengthening TS Jeanne May Eventually Affect Florida

MIAMI -- The center of Tropical Storm Jeanne made landfall on Puerto Rico Wednesday afternoon.

Maximum winds are now 70 miles per hour, just four below a Category One hurricane. The National Hurricane Center expects it to become a hurricane as it moves out over the Atlantic.

The storm came ashore near Yabucoa, Puerto Rico.

The forecast motion should bring the center through central and western Puerto Rico this afternoon and evening.

The National Hurricane Center in Miami says Jeanne will then head into the Atlantic and be near the northern the Dominican Republic on Thursday.

Jeanne is moving west northwest at 8 miles per hour.

Residents of the Bahamas are being told to watch this system carefully. The center of the forecast track takes Jeanne into the Bahamas and to a point in the Atlantic east of central Florida in five days. The western edge of the five-day forecast cone includes much of the Florida peninsula.

So far, only one forecast model indicates possible movement toward the southeast Florida coast. The rest keep the center offshore from the U.S.

Jeanne centered at latitude 18.1 north, longitude 66.1 west.

Tim G

Original Poster
Tropical Storm Jeanne Advisory Number 9

Statement as of 5:00 PM AST on September 15, 2004

Jeanne Moving West-Northwestward Across Puerto Rico, New Hurricane Watch Issued.

A Hurricane Warning remains in effect for Puerto Rico and along the eastern coast of the Dominican Republic from Cabrera southward to Isla Saona.

A Tropical Storm Warning and a Hurricane Watch remain in effect along the northern coast of the Dominican Republic west of Cabrera to Puerto Plata and along the southern coast of the Dominican Republic from Isla Saona westward to Santo Domingo.

A Tropical Storm Warning and a Hurricane Watch also remain in effect for the British Virgin Islands.

At 5 PM AST, 2100z, the government of the Bahamas has issued a Hurricane Watch for the southeastern Bahamas including the Acklins, Crooked Island, the Inaguas, Mayaguana and the Ragged Islands, as well as for the Turks and Caicos Islands.

At 5 PM AST, 2100z, the government of Antigua has discontinued all warnings for St. Kitts and Nevis.

At 5 PM AST, 2100z, the Hurricane Warning for the U. S. Virgin Islands is downgraded to a Tropical Storm Warning.

Interests elsewhere in the Bahamas should monitor the progress of Jeanne.

At 5 PM AST, 2100z, the center of Tropical Storm Jeanne was located near latitude 18.4 north, longitude 66.5 west or over Puerto Rico about 25 miles, 40 km west of San Juan.

Jeanne is moving toward the west-northwest near 9 mph 15 km/hr, and this general motion is expected to continue for the next 24 hours.
The forecast motion should bring the center off the northwestern coast of Puerto Rico tonight and near the northern coast of the Dominican Republic on Thursday.

Maximum sustained winds are near 70 mph, 110 km/hr, with higher gusts. Some strengthening is possible once the center of Jeanne reaches the altantic and it could become a hurricane later tonight or Thursday.

Tropical storm force winds extend outward up to 70 miles, 110 km from the center.
San Juan recently reported a wind gust of 71 mph, 114 km/hr.

Estimated minimum central pressure is 991 mb, 29.26 inches.

Storm surge flooding of 1 to 3 feet above normal tide levels along with large and dangerous battering waves can be expected near and to the right of where the center makes landfall.

Rainfall accumulations of 8 to 12 inches with isolated higher amounts can be expected near the path of Jeanne.
These rains could cause life-threatening flash floods and mudslides. Portions
of Puerto Rico have reported 7 inches of rain so far in association with Jeanne.

Isolated tornadoes are possible over Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands today.

Repeating the 5 PM AST position, 18.4 N, 66.5 W.
Movement toward west-northwest near 9 mph.
Maximum sustained winds 70 mph.
Minimum central pressure 991 mb.

For storm information specific to your area, please monitor products issued by your local weather office.

An intermediate advisory will be issued by the Nationa Hurricane Center at 8 PM AST followed by the next complete advisory at 11 PM AST.

Tim G

Original Poster
Update Tropical Storm Jeanne

Jeanne pounding Puerto Rico

Image Delay = 30 Mins.

Attachments

• Puerto_ir_02_anim.gif
    Puerto_ir_02_anim.gif
    439 KB · Views: 176

meditativerose

It matters to me!

Spectroman2003 said:
I think you people are ridiculous for posting about this so soon. First of all, IVAN isn't completely gone yet and you're already jumping to another. Serioulsly, give it a rest.
I have reservations at the end of October. I'm worried about the weather during my trip, as well as the condo I own in Clearwater. I can't ignore the weather so easily.

Does anyone know if the weather is expected to be like this in October, and can anyone tell me if Disney World has suffered damage as a result of the storms?

Tramp

kevmagkingdom said:
DELETE THIS THREAD!!! NOW!!! Corrus is being an annoying ______________ trying to sound all cool and look good. Jeanne is NOT an issue, not anywhere near Florida. Corrus, get a life NOW.

Good Job!

CORRUS....perhaps you need to warn these trolls about Hurricane Steve. :wave:

Account Suspended.... :lol: ...another one bites the dust. :sohappy:

meditativerose

Thanks!

Corrus said:
October when?

And oh! Welcome to WDWMagic!
Thanks for the welcome!!! October 23-30. My BF's b-day is the 29th and I've arranged for a fireworks birthday cruise with cake and champagne. I would seriously hate for it to be rained out!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom