The Official Hurricane Ivan thread...

Kevin, it's one thing to bash my favorite character, but quite another to bash people who are bringing information to people who want to read it. I have read some of the long posts, while others I have skipped over, but I am never going to fault anyone on here for bringing information to people. Like I told you earlier, just because you don't like something, doesn't mean others feel the same way. If you don't like the long posts, then don't read them. If you don't like even the thought of them being here, then don't read this topic. You have a right to voice your opinion, but just be prepared for the consiquences. You said you felt bad that nobody liked you, this isn't going to make you any friends either...

Atta83

Kevin, most of us had this discussion already and we like it when Corrus puts up these notices. I agree with what 626 said. If you dont like that Corrus is putting all these articles up then dont read the thread then. Im not by a TV all the time and I look at the forums quite often , so I appreciate all he does here by imforming us.

patelaine1953

Keep the posts coming. I am seeing satellite photos of the hurricane from you that I can't seem to find on the NOAA site. I haven't a clue where you're getting them from.

DisneyPhD

What would you do? My friend is currenlty trying to decide to go to WDW tomarrow for a week and staying at GF with her hubby and 2 sons (ages 2 and 4, she is currenlty early 2nd trimester pregnant too.) Chances are if she cancels they won't be able to go again later. This will be their 1st trip to WDW staying on property and going more for more then a day trip.

I told her to go for it, but I haven't been following the huricane forcast as close as I could of been.

What do you think?

Tim G

I'm using 3 different Professional weather programs for this...
And a piece of hardware

I just installed a new radar link... wich might come in hany early next week... And they are realtime...

a sample below...

Attachments

• WUNIDS.gif
    WUNIDS.gif
    819.5 KB · Views: 133

Then don't read it :) I for one am glad it's here. Not only does basically every single one of my family members besides my wife live in Florida but I am supposed to be flying down on Tuesday. I for one like being kept up to date with the latest information. Thanks for the info everyone! Keep posting :D

wsapooh

PLEASE, let's not go down this path again, guys. I agree with 626. If you don't want to read it then don't. Others have emotional, financial, and ... "vacational"... reasons for finding every bit of this thread important. It's really that simple.

Tim G

Hurricane Ivan Advisory Number 34
Ivan expected to hit Jamaica tonight

Statement as of 5:00 PM EDT on September 10, 2004

a Hurricane Warning remains in effect for Jamaica and the Cayman Islands.

A Hurricane Watch and a Tropical Storm Warning remain in effect for the entire southwest peninsula of Haiti from the border of the Dominican Republic westward, including Port au Prince.

A Hurricane Watch is effect for Cuba including the Isle of Youth...and a Tropical Storm Warning remains in effect for the South Coast of eastern Cuba from Cabo cruz to Santiago de Cuba.
Interests in central and western Caribbean Sea should closely monitor the progress of dangerous Hurricane Ivan.

At 5 PM EDT, 2100z, The eye of Hurricane Ivan was located near latitude 17.0 north, longitude 76.2 west or about 80 miles, 130 km, south-southeast of Kingston Jamaica.

Ivan is moving toward the west-northwest near 13 mph, 20 km/hr with
a gradual decrease in forward speed. This motion is expected to bring the core of Ivan to near or over Jamaica tonight or early Saturday and over the Cayman Islands late Saturday.

Maximum sustained winds have decreased to near 140 mph, 220 km/hr. with higher gusts. Stronger winds, especially in gusts, are likely over elevated terrain. Some fluctuations in intensity are likely during the next 24 hours.

Hurricane force winds extend outward up to 60 miles, 95 km from the center and tropical storm force winds extend outward up to 175 miles, 280 km.

Latest minimum central pressure reported by a hurricane hunter plane
was 937 mb, 27.67 inches.
Storm surge flooding of 5 to 8 feet above normal tide levels along with large and dangerous battering waves can be expected near the center of Ivan in the Hurricane Warning area.

Rainfall amounts of 6 to 10 inches, possibly causing lifethreatening flash floods and mud slides can be expected along the path of Ivan.
Repeating the 5 PM EDT position 17.0 N, 76.2 W. Movement toward west-northwest near 13 mph. Maximum sustained winds 140 mph. Minimum central pressure 937 mb.

For storm information specific to your area, please monitor products issued by your local weather office.

An intermediate advisory will be issued by the National Hurricane
Center at 8 PM EDT followed by the next complete advisory at 11 PM
EDT.

tigger248

kevmagkingdom said:
I agree with staying informed, but this 28 page thread with a million posts is RIDICULOUS!!!

No one is making you read all 28 pages. :rolleyes:

If you don't agree with this thread, don't read it. I agree with what others have said. This thread is the best place to get this information and I'm glad it's here. I have lots of friends down there plus my favorite place in the world is down there. The thread for Frances was like 78 pages long and packed with good information. I'm thankful for these posts to keep everyone updated. I'll admit, I skip some of them, but I do read a lot of them too. If you don't want to read the long articles, but still care about the hurricane (which it actually sounds like you don't care...) then just skip the long posts.

Corrus, please continue to post your updates. I, as well as others I'm sure, really appreciate all the hard work you've done by putting together these updates. Thank you!

mandib

tigger248 said:
No one is making you read all 28 pages. :rolleyes:

If you don't agree with this thread, don't read it. I agree with what others have said. This thread is the best place to get this information and I'm glad it's here. I have lots of friends down there plus my favorite place in the world is down there. The thread for Frances was like 78 pages long and packed with good information. I'm thankful for these posts to keep everyone updated. I'll admit, I skip some of them, but I do read a lot of them too. If you don't want to read the long articles, but still care about the hurricane (which it actually sounds like you don't care...) then just skip the long posts.

Corrus, please continue to post your updates. I, as well as others I'm sure, really appreciate all the hard work you've done by putting together these updates. Thank you!

I 100% agree. This is my first post in either hurricaine threads but I do like to feel informed. It's a lot easier to get information on here then to go read thru other sites and such. Corrus-thanks for the radars too. I love Florida and I'm really concerned on what goes on down there. Here in Illinois I've never even seen a tornado, a thunderstorm is the worst it's gotten. To all you Floridians-Stay safe and keep us posted. Thanks again for all the updates! :)

Tim G

Update Hurricane Ivan
Atlantic I.R. Satellite Update

<TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="98%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#ff0000><TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=large>STORM STATUS</TD><TD class=small align=right>September 10, 4:32 PM EDT</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#cccccc><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="95%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>Name: Hurricane Ivan</TD></TR><TR><TD class=small vAlign=top>Location: About 80 miles, 130 km, South-Southeast of Kingston Jamaica.
Lat/Long: 17.0N, 76.2W
Max Winds: 140 mph
Category: 4
</TD><TD class=small vAlign=top noWrap>Heading: West-Northwest
Speed: 13 mph
Pressure: 27.67 inches
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Image Delay = 60 Mins.

Attachments

• Ivan at_ir_loop_08.gif
    Ivan at_ir_loop_08.gif
    602.7 KB · Views: 146

Erika

I wonder how many posts there are here complaining about the "information" posts and arguing about whether or not they should continue :lol:

Seriously, how many? :confused:

Tim G

Update Hurricane Ivan
A very long night For Jamaica

Caribbean I.R. Satellite Update

Image Delay = 45 Mins.

Attachments

• jam_ir_anim03.gif
    jam_ir_anim03.gif
    580.3 KB · Views: 136
I for one am in the direct area of this monster. If you do not like it then move to the next forum. I happen to think Corrus is doing a great service. I just want you to just think of all of us down here that will be trying to pick up our lives afterwards, and how silly it is to think we inconveniencing you with these posts.

Kwit35

Corrus, you rock! Thank you, again, for the up to date information.
My parents, who are in Tampa, were told to board their windows today. This is the first time they have been told to do this. Starting to get a little nervous.

Boo's Mom

I like that Corrus is keeping everybody updated. I have not seen better information yet. TV news cannot match Corrus' hurricane information. I live in Richmond, Va and could possibly be in the hurricane's path (although not as strong by the time it gets here if it comes this way) and would like to be informed before it gets here and not be surprised by something like this. We just had almost 14 inches of rain unexpectly dumped on us last week by gaston and it completely tore my area up. over 60 houses/trailers got condemned in my area. If you don't like reading the posts, skip over them or put him on ignore so you don't have to scroll so much. But please don't complain about something that could mean life or death for others.

Tramp

Erika said:
I wonder how many posts there are here complaining about the "information" posts and arguing about whether or not they should continue :lol:

Seriously, how many? :confused:

LMAO... :lol:

Mindboggling, isn't it? Perhaps Steve made this thread required reading for continued membership. How else can you explain why people would indulge themselves in content they find unappealing? :brick:

Corrus, you're a good man. Keep up the good work.
daumen.gif

Main Street USA

Tramp said:
From that latest satellite update...Jamaica is getting hammered. :( God help them!

Man, you aren't kidding. I can't even imagine what it's gonna be like down there in about 3 or 4 hours. As you said, God help them.

This is gonna be bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom