The Official Hurricane Frances thread...

Tim G

Tropical Storm Frances Intermediate Advisory Number 50a

Issued at: 7:33 AM EDT 9/6/04

Frances heading for the Florida panhandle, air force plane finds no change in strength,

A hurricane warning remains in effect for the northwest gulf coast of Florida from anna maria island northward to destin.

A tropical storm warning is now in effect for the Florida west coast from south of anna maria island to englewood, and along the Florida east coast and the georgia coast from cocoa beach Florida northward to altamaha sound georgia.

At 8 am edt, 1200z, the center of tropical storm frances was located near latitude 29.1 north, longitude 83.6 west or about 110 miles, east-southeast of apalachicola Florida.

Frances has been drifting northward for the past couple of hours but a general track toward the northwest about 12 mph is expected today. On this track, the center of frances should continue moving over the northeastern gulf of mexico, and make landfall over the central portion of the Florida panhandle by this evening.

Maximum sustained winds remain near 65 mph, with higher gusts. Some strengthening is possible during the next 12 hours, and frances could become a hurricane again just before landfall occurs.

Frances remains a large tropical cyclone with tropical storm force winds extend outward up to 200 miles from the center, especially to the northeast. Cedar key recently reported wind gusts to 52 mph.

The minimum central pressure reported by an air force reconnaissance plane was 980 mb, 28.94 inches.

Coastal storm surge flooding along with large and dangerous battering waves continue along the north Florida east coast, but will gradually subside later today. Along the southwest Florida coast, storm surge flooding of 2 to 4 feet above normal tide levels is expected south of cedar key. Storm surge flooding of 6 to 10 feet above normal tide levels is expected along the northeast gulf coast of Florida to the north of cedar key, especially at the head of apalachee bay.

Rainfall amounts of 6 to 10 inches, with locally higher amounts, are expected over portions of the southeastern united states, especially along and to the east of the wide path of frances.

Isolated tornadoes are possible today over portions of northern florida and the Florida panhandle, southeast alabama and southern georgia.

Repeating the 8 am edt position, 29.1 n, 83.6 w. Movement drifting northward. Maximum sustained winds, 65 mph. Minimum central pressure, 980 mb.

For storm information specific to your area, please monitor products issued by your local weather office.

The next advisory will be issued by the nationalhurricane center at 11 am edt.

Tim G

Tropical Storm Frances Update
(Orlando Local Doppler Radar Close-Up )

Image = 15 Mins. Delay

Attachments

• Orlando_loop17.gif
    Orlando_loop17.gif
    289.4 KB · Views: 247

tigsmom

Corrus said:
Tropical Storm Frances Intermediate Advisory Number 50a

Issued at: 7:33 AM EDT 9/6/04

Frances heading for the Florida panhandle, air force plane finds no change in strength,

A hurricane warning remains in effect for the northwest gulf coast of Florida from anna maria island northward to destin...

Thanks for the updates. I've been on Anna Maria Island in a normal summer rain & it gets swamped so I can only imagine what it looks like this morning. :(

barnum42

All Change again!

I have taken advantage of US Airways offer to reschedule my flight from tomorrow to Friday, which allows me a full two weeks again, though the "codes" have changed so I can't take the same flight back and will be leaving a few hours earlier in the day. This mostly affects my dad as he will be picking me up from Gatwick, where the plane lands at six in the AM.

This means I will be taking Disney up on their kind offer to extend the expiry date of my Annual pass by a few days :D

I've also had to change my tickets to the stage production of Mary Poppins - I'm now going on the premiere gala night. Still sitting upstairs in the cheapies though :D

So, all being well I'll be in town Friday. Good job I'm not suspicious - this is my thirteenth trip to Florida and it's gone through quite a few changes :lol:

Hope everyone is emerging out of Frances safe and sound :wave:

tigsmom

barnum42 said:
I have taken advantage of US Airways offer to reschedule my flight from tomorrow to Friday, which allows me a full two weeks again, though the "codes" have changed so I can't take the same flight back and will be leaving a few hours earlier in the day. This mostly affects my dad as he will be picking me up from Gatwick, where the plane lands at six in the AM.

This means I will be taking Disney up on their kind offer to extend the expiry date of my Annual pass by a few days :D

I've also had to change my tickets to the stage production of Mary Poppins - I'm now going on the premiere gala night. Still sitting upstairs in the cheapies though :D

So, all being well I'll be in town Friday. Good job I'm not suspicious - this is my thirteenth trip to Florida and it's gone through quite a few changes :lol:

Hope everyone is emerging out of Frances safe and sound :wave:

Keep changing your plans & we'll meet up next summer. :lol:
Glad things worked out. :wave:

ISTCrew20

Anyone know anything about Osceola schools? (I cant find any info)

How about airlines? My dad and sister have been stuck in Ohio ever since the storm hit

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I'm home. I'm alive and well. I'm searching for a plane ticket to get the hell out of Orlando should Ivan hit.

Any midwestern, west-coast, or Canadian members wanna take me in for a few days? :D

Tim G

(South-East Florida Doppler Radar)

Image = Realtime

Attachments

• Florida_anim28.gif
    Florida_anim28.gif
    361.7 KB · Views: 198

Tim G

Tropical Storm Frances Advisory Number 51

Issued at: 10:24 AM EDT 9/6/04

Large circulation center of frances expected to move over the florida panhandle later today,

At 11 am edt, 1500z, a hurricane warning has been downgraded to tropical storm warning from the suwanee river to anna maria island and from west of indian pass to destin.

A hurricane warning is now in effect from the suwanee river to indian pass.

A tropical storm warning is now in effect from the suwanee river to anna maria island and from indian pass to destin.

At 11 am edt, 1500z, the tropical storm warning south of anna maria island has been discontinued.

At 11 am edt, 1500z, the tropical storm warning for the Florida east coast of Florida and the georgia coast has been discontinued.

At 11 am edt, 1500z, the large circulation center of tropical storm frances was located near latitude 29.5 north, longitude 84.0 west or about 60 miles east-southeast of apalachicola Florida.

Frances is moving toward the northwest near 8 mph. On this track, the center of frances should move over the Florida panhandle later today.

Maximum sustained winds are near 65 mph, with higher gusts. Only a small increase in the winds could bring frances to hurricane status before landall

Tropical storm force winds extend outward up to 85 miles from the center.

Estimated minimum central pressure is 980 mb, 28.94 inches.

Storm surge flooding of 2 to 4 feet above normal tide levels is expected south of cedar key. Storm surge flooding of 5 to 10 feet above normal tide levels is expected along the northeast gulf coast of Florida to the north of cedar key, especially to the east of the track.

Rainfall amounts of 6 to 10 inches, with locally higher amounts, are expected over portions of the southeastern united states, especially along and to the east of the path of frances.

Isolated tornadoes are possible today over portions of north and central Florida and the Florida panhandle, southeast alabama and southern georgia.

Repeating the 11 am edt position, 29.5 n, 84.0 w. Movement toward, northwest near 8 mph. Maximum sustained winds, 65 mph. Minimum central pressure, 980 mb.

For storm information specific to your area, please monitor products issued by your local weather office.

An intermediate advisory will be issued by the national hurricane center at 2 pm edt followed by the next complete advisory at 5 pm edt.

Tim G

(Orlando Local Doppler Radar Close-Up )

Image = 15 Mins. Delay

Attachments

• Orlando_loop18.gif
    Orlando_loop18.gif
    323.4 KB · Views: 175

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
speck76 said:
Oh please don't start that.

Most hurricanes this time of year originate from that area, but even a subtle change in a weather pattern can throw one way or another.

Pssssst 5 different computer models says its heading in that general direction. :wave:

at200409_model.gif

Corrus said:
What the F$#% !!! :eek:

Who anon. neg. rep... me here!?!?.... Grrrr... :fork:

Some people are soooo rude!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to post all of this information for those who may not be getting all of the updates we were here in the area. I can't believe someone would neg rep you when you were helping. Good job! :sohappy:

TimeTrip

Corrus said:
What the F$#% !!! :eek:

Who anon. neg. rep... me here!?!?.... Grrrr... :fork:

Some people are soooo rude!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

No need to get up in arms about it. I'm sure the positives you've gotten from this thread have outweighed that one negative :)

aimster

Just wanted to check in and say I'm still alive. I lost power around 2:30pm yesterday and got it back just before 11am today. Last night had to be one of the most boring nights of my life. My only real entertainment was friend on the other side of the bay in Dunedin and I calling each other every couple hours to check in. We were both bored out of our minds! We got lots of flooding here in Tampa from all the rain... which is STILL coming down!

ebay6988

Account Suspended
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What the F$#% !!!

Who anon. neg. rep... me here!?!?.... Grrrr...

Some people are soooo rude!!!

So What the hell does this mean???

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom