The Official Hurricane Frances thread...

Mr D

3708166_320X240.jpg

Massive tree uprooted in Titusville.

3708134_320X240.jpg

Tree split in half by Frances in Clermont.

Tim G

Frances could become a Hurricane again!

Tropical Storm Frances Update
(South-East Florida Doppler Radar)

Image = Real Time

Attachments

• Florida_anim25.gif
    Florida_anim25.gif
    352.1 KB · Views: 242

Tim G

Mr D said:
3708166_320X240.jpg

Massive tree uprooted in Titusville.

3708134_320X240.jpg

Tree split in half by Frances in Clermont.
And again another double post in this thread!!!

You're using valuable space on these boards with this

Please Check!!!

Mr D

If there is the same pics somewhere way back in this thread I probably missed them, anyway it would an hour or two to go through the last 50 pages and wait for the images to download, especiall on a dialup!

Tim G

Mr D said:
If there is the same pics somewhere way back in this thread I probably missed them, anyway it would an hour or two to go through the last 50 pages and wait for the images to download, especiall on a dialup!
Which means?? :D

If you only wait for tomorrow, there are new photos on the News Sites...
In that case you won't have to upload all the dupes... :D

Greetz! :D

TimeTrip

I'm just gonna check in. I hope everyone is still safe. My power finally came back on at 8:30 (it had gone out at 10:30). It was frustrating because I took a stroll outside at 7:30 and the building across from mine had power. Then, as I was reading "Angels and Demons" by the light from my Game Boy, the lights came back on. What a feeling of relief.

Stay safe everyone!

ISTCrew20

Hey everyone, I'm fine. I just arrived back at my house about 5 hours ago, and I have been sleeping 4 of those hours. I spent last night at my aunts house, since she was all boarded up. She lost a few shingles over there, and that was about it. Her power flicked on and off, but when we were leaving, it was still on.

We got back to my house, and was extremely surprised at how minimal the damage was. We didn't lose power, we weren't flooded, no trees down, no windows broken. We were so fortunate this time.

I woke up about 20 minutes ago to the sound of rain against the window. It's pretty windy and rainy here now.

I'm telling you though, this is the storm that just will not go away. If anyone needs any information about anything down here that I will be able to find out from the news, let me know.

I haven't read this whole thread, so if you didn't know, and are interested in what's going on down here, www.wftv.com is streaming their webcast on the internet.

Tim G

Tropical Storm Frances Update
(Orlando Local Doppler Radar Close-Up )

Image = 15 Mins. Delay

Attachments

• Orlando_loop15.gif
    Orlando_loop15.gif
    321.7 KB · Views: 188

Tim G

ISTCrew20 said:
Hey everyone, I'm fine. I just arrived back at my house about 5 hours ago, and I have been sleeping 4 of those hours. I spent last night at my aunts house, since she was all boarded up. She lost a few shingles over there, and that was about it. Her power flicked on and off, but when we were leaving, it was still on.

We got back to my house, and was extremely surprised at how minimal the damage was. We didn't lose power, we weren't flooded, no trees down, no windows broken. We were so fortunate this time.

I woke up about 20 minutes ago to the sound of rain against the window. It's pretty windy and rainy here now.

I'm telling you though, this is the storm that just will not go away. If anyone needs any information about anything down here that I will be able to find out from the news, let me know.

I haven't read this whole thread, so if you didn't know, and are interested in what's going on down here, www.wftv.com is streaming their webcast on the internet.
GREAT HEARING FROM YOU...
I'm glad your house didn't suffer and there was only small damage...

Greetz! :D

KevinPage

No damage, never lost power. Appears Orlando was the "Golden Child" this time around and escaped better than the surrounding areas. I heard Seminole County had some pretty heavy duty winds.

Honestly, Charley did more damage in our neighorhood than Frances. Go figure :D

signerdreams

Does anyone know how Florida College is surving the storm? I know it's in tampa and there are many other colleges around i was just curious to how everything is going. I can't get in touch with anyone and 2 of my best closest dearest friends are at FC. It's actually in temple terrace FL but whatever

speck76

signerdreams said:
Does anyone know how Florida College is surving the storm? I know it's in tampa and there are many other colleges around i was just curious to how everything is going. I can't get in touch with anyone and 2 of my best closest dearest friends are at FC. It's actually in temple terrace FL but whatever

Do you mean University of South Florida?

cindy_k

Well we thought we were being smart on Friday. We changed our flight out from Sunday to Monday, thinking that by then the airports will be open and we would have confirmed seats on a flight to go home.

We were wrong. Southwest is not flying out of MCO until Tuesday, and the first flight I could change to that wasn't full is Wednesday.

So two more days at Disney for us. Glad we had DVC points we could borrow and an extra day on our park hoppers.

My son is actually going to miss his first day of school. He's happy. ;)

Other than that we just came back from Artist Palette (the Fast food court) at Saratoga Springs Resort. They had Mickey, Stitch, Pooh and Eyeore running around interacting with the kids and guests. The CM's started a game of Goofy Bingo and Disney Trivia to entertain everyone. We spent 2 1/2 hours over there having a good time. :D

There are little trees down here and there all over the resort and the roof in the lobby of SSR is leaking. Other than that I didn't see any damage.

chancellor

My power just came back on after being off for about 6 hours. So I just wanted to say Wooo Hooo! :D

I was thinking it would be off all night. Fortunately, I live near an evacuation shelter and I think they had priority in getting power back.

I think we are going to see overall that, although the damage will be more widespread than Charley, it will not be anywhere near the level of devastation.

I have so far heard of 2 fatalities in Florida (on TV news), both from auto accidents related to the storm. Property damage seems much less than Charley.

On an interesting side note, much of Tampa Bay was drained by the wind. There were huge areas where you could literally walk out into the bay without getting wet (except for the rain).

Ergens2

Hi all! We just wanted to send a {{big hug}} to everyone in Florida! We are glad to hear you are safe!

The Ergens Family :wave:

donsullivan

Premium Member
Disnut said:
How much rain have you gotten in Orlando and surrounding areas. Glad ya'll are okay.

It's really hard to pinpoint since the numbers vary widely all over the area. I can say for myself, based on the level I lowered the pool to and where it is now we got about 2-1/2 inches so far.

Unfortunately right now we're getting the worst wind and rain we've seen since the first waves of the storm so that number is likely to go up a bit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom