The New Fantasyland

Thrill Seeker

I'm not sure how soon the land will open for "soft openings" but you can bet your boots the primary e-ticket will be open and kicking disney's butt by June 30th, 2010.

Expect to see alot of these type of negative rumors in the coming months especially from people WORKING for Disney to try to undermine Universal Studios efforts. As the opening date nears and with nothing major of their own to show off Disney is now starting to feel the heat.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I can't wait to check out this mysterious ride!

Thrill Seeker

Actually, I could see families skipping Epcot to go to IoA.

DHS at least has ToT, RnRC, TSMM etc, attractions that would appeal to kids more than TT or MS.

DAK has animals, which alone gives you something you can't see at IoA plus Everest and other rides.

Epcot doesn't really have any huge draw for families (hard as Disney tries) and I could see kids asking their parents to skip the learning and go see Harry Potter.

Nah, Parents like Epcot... More than likely DHS would be the one that takes the biggest hit from Harry Potter...

DisneyBoi1215

Used to be a member on here who posted occasionally a few years ago and now I've decided to start chiming in again.

Not claiming to work for Disney at all. While I'm sure Disney is feeling some pressure around the opening of HP at IOA, word will start to get out after Universal is forced to publicly announce delays with the project. Not starting any rumors, just speaking what is being said internally.

If you'd like details, feel free to PM me.

What I don't get, is why Universal would have to announce delays on Potter when in fact they haven't announced an opening month/day. :shrug:

baz212

DHS at least has ToT, RnRC, TSMM etc, attractions that would appeal to kids more than TT or MS.

DAK has animals, which alone gives you something you can't see at IoA plus Everest and other rides.

Epcot doesn't really have any huge draw for families (hard as Disney tries) and I could see kids asking their parents to skip the learning and go see Harry Potter.
Actually on my trip in June we spent more time at Epcot than any other park per my DS5's request. He adored SSE, KP, GFT, TT, Soarin, MS, and even Living with the land. He even liked Impressions de France, and we had a ball doing the waste management game at innoventions.

DisneyJunkie

the entirety of the Earth loves Harry Potter.

Have to correct you on that one. I know plenty of people, myself included, who can't stand all of that stupid, idiotic Harry Potter crap and would gladly have nothing to do with it. Given that we may be a minority, but still.....

castevens

Have to correct you on that one. I know plenty of people, myself included, who can't stand all of that stupid, idiotic Harry Potter crap and would gladly have nothing to do with it. Given that we may be a minority, but still.....

True, you are right: I should never used absolutes. Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

I was just getting at that it is probably the most popular franchise of our generation and droves of people will travel from far and wide to experience it at IoA

DisneyJunkie

True, you are right: I should never used absolutes. Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

I was just getting at that it is probably the most popular franchise of our generation and droves of people will travel from far and wide to experience it at IoA

Probably not.......we ARE still in a recession with people out of work, out of savings, and so forth. There will be plenty to see it, but probably more who will want to go see it, but can't.

dhall

Because we don't have a New Orleans Square. TSI was rethemed at DL because of its proximity to NO Square and POTC.

I can't give specifics, but generally speaking, I'm referring to façades and such, not new attractions.

Seems to me that the simplest & least expensive plan that would be consistent with 'more work than is shown' + 'facades and such' is most likely a facelift in fantasyland west, which it needs pretty badly. The details that would be worth leaking of facelifts (at least on the west side) wouldn't really show up in architectural plans -- obviously blue prints would exist, but much smaller scale and likely not really done until they're closer to execution.

Stylistically, there's the Pinnochio architecture at one end of small world alley, and the transition to colonial architecture at the other (just past Peter Pan where you come to the skyway station and the columbia harbour house). Changing the facades to the rumored village style makes a lot of sense (and probably doesn't involve the bright colors that don't hold up well in the florida sun)

Lee

Adventurer
Meh, I'd rather Rasulo or Iger's...heck, even Kevin Lansberry's...

Yeah, me too. :lol:
Way I see it, you gotta start somewhere.
Iger has too much to deal with besides Parks...no thanks.
Rasulo....yeah...I'd take that if I could have a like-minded CEO to work for.
Lansberry...no thanks.
Now...Bruce Vaughn....that job I'd take.:lol:

My needs are simple: a constant stream of inside information. It is the air I breathe.:cool:

Walter Yensid

Interesting tidbit...

After IofA opened, Disney actually saw an increase in attendance across all parks, except DAK (it went down by 300,000...that might have to do with it being without EE at that time). Then, it is tough to compare for 2001 and 2002 because all parks went down due to 9/11 shakeout. Also, interesting, the first year of IofA saw a decrease in Universal Studios attendance, so they may have cannibalized a little of their own attendance and DAK.

But, it is interesting to see there was no major impact and that was a whole park being added. Not saying HP will not have its impact or be more interesting to the die-hards than a whole park, but interesting anyway.

I still feel non-Florida residents go to Orlando for Disney. I do not think this will change much as they have a built-in reputation. It comes down to what we all have been saying...Disney has to worry about losing one or two days to Universal, not a whole family trip. I love competition...good for the consumer.

JustInTime

So, have we decided that they plans are legit? It it just a cowincidence that the OP posted the rumor and said he had "plans" and then in a matter of hours, the plans landed online? The look real...but I still have my doubts. Too good to be true?? Real? Thoughts...

MiklCraw4d

Unless, of course, you were in my family growing up, where EPCOT was the favorite park of us kids. Despite what Disney revisionism would have us believe about every kid coming out of EPCOT crushed, disappointed and crying. Then again, lots has changed at EPCOT since and I might not like it as much were I a kid today...

EPCOT Explorer

Said it before, will say it ad nauseum ... Disney doesn't want folks to leave property for one minute or spend one dollar that doesn't go into Mickey's pocket.

And Harry Potter will take them away from Disney.

Some folks here will argue it will only be for a day etc ... and I don't want to get bogged down in that battle.

Because TDO fears folks spending time off property period ... once out of the pixie dust haze people may well realize there are far better ways to spend their money outside of WDW.

And you better believe that is a huge factor (but by no means the only one) as to why MK expansion has come out of the deep freeze and is now on the front burner.
So...IoA/Uni should keep building things, correct?:D:drevil:

Competition is a very good thing, from what I can see.

So build EPCOT up, then.:fork:

I won't complain...:lookaroun

Animaniac93-98

Unless, of course, you were in my family growing up, where EPCOT was the favorite park of us kids. Despite what Disney revisionism would have us believe about every kid coming out of EPCOT crushed, disappointed and crying. Then again, lots has changed at EPCOT since and I might not like it as much were I a kid today...

Yes I'm well aware of the soul crushing effects of my statement may have on Epcot fanbois, but really, if Star Tours 2 and MI are coming to DHS and nothing new is added to Epcot, don't you think the appeal of Epcot to the general public might lessen a little?

"Hey kids lets go to the park with the giant golf ball, there's noting new since last year but you might learn something!"

castevens

So, have we decided that they plans are legit? It it just a cowincidence that the OP posted the rumor and said he had "plans" and then in a matter of hours, the plans landed online? The look real...but I still have my doubts. Too good to be true?? Real? Thoughts...

Actually, the OP posted plans on the other thread before this thread was even started, but they were removed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom