The New Fantasyland

jt04

As someone who is not a DisneyWorld historian, can someone elaborate on what this means? How as Adventureland different before PotC?

How bout if I answer. Back then you did not get the impression there was room for a major e-ticket. Adventureland seemed filled up. But through the skill of WDI (WED?) PotC was added. If you study google earth or msn maps you can figure out how they did it. Same thing could happen in FL if they decide to do a phase 2. By the way, another source is saying the FL project is 80% approved. Hopefully they didn't cut the castle and village.

How bout if I answer. Back then you did not get the impression there was room for a major e-ticket. Adventureland seemed filled up. But through the skill of WDI (WED?) PotC was added. If you study google earth or msn maps you can figure out how they did it. Same thing could happen in FL if they decide to do a phase 2. By the way, another source is saying the FL project is 80% approved. Hopefully they didn't cut the castle and village.

Are you suggesting a new toon town area on the "island" behind SM or further FL expansion between service rd and WDWRR?

jt04

Are you suggesting a new toon town area on the "island" behind SM or further FL expansion between service rd and WDWRR?

I would think the later. I would be suprised if FL expanded any further towards Tomorrowland. Just a guess though. A lot of other stuff would probably happen before a phase 2 for FL.

baz212

I'm finally gonna chime in to this massive thread. Never will everyone agree on what the best books are. Potter is in my top 5 list of sci-fi/fantasy novels behind Oz, LOTR, Dark Tower, and Dragonriders of Pern. It doesn't even hit my husband's top 20 list, and my mom loves them and she usually hates all things sci-fi/fantasy including LOTR.

Now to get back on topic:lol: As a Disney fan I am absolutely thrilled with the "leaked" blueprints. MK needs a lot of work. However, as the Mom of an almost six year boy I am very dissapointed in the plans. It's all princesses and fairies. I'm gonna have to bribe him beyond belief to get him to even set foot in that back corner of the park now. Please throw in something for the boys. Even Maleficent as a dragon would do.

Monorail_Orange

I would think the later. I would be suprised if FL expanded any further towards Tomorrowland. Just a guess though. A lot of other stuff would probably happen before a phase 2 for FL.

It wouldn't be easy, but you could remake the FL Skyway station into a new "gateway" for Toontown.

Think it this way (and referencing google maps might help) - an archway in the castle wall, leading into a tunnel. A trolley then could take you through the tunnel - just like in Roger Rabbit. The tunnel would be necessary to move you from the area between the HM and IASW buildings - and then you could build a whole new TT in that huge area behind IASW. When you come out of the tunnel, again you're in Toontown - perfect separation, again copying Roger Rabbit. Just a thought for another potential expansion site.

DocMcHulk

It wouldn't be easy, but you could remake the FL Skyway station into a new "gateway" for Toontown.

Think it this way (and referencing google maps might help) - an archway in the castle wall, leading into a tunnel. A trolley then could take you through the tunnel - just like in Roger Rabbit. The tunnel would be necessary to move you from the area between the HM and IASW buildings - and then you could build a whole new TT in that huge area behind IASW. When you come out of the tunnel, again you're in Toontown - perfect separation, again copying Roger Rabbit. Just a thought for another potential expansion site.

fascinating idea! But might be a little too hard of a fit. That's a real tight wedge.

Monorail_Orange

:shrug: yeah, it would be pretty tight - just had that brainwave all of a sudden and wanted to get it down. Maybe somebody with absolutely nothing better to do at WDI will see it and find a way to make it work. :cool:

jt04

I think the FL skyway is kind of a dead end unless the did something elaborate as you suggest. The HM and IaSW show buildings are massive. I would think they could add a simpler transition from Dumbo-land to a Toontown where the transition would be easier to theme. Even after this project there is still a ton of space. I do think any additions beyond the road would have to be entirely indoors however because of the fireworks. That way they could stay open all the time. An indoor Toontown Village in the manner of Mermaid Lagoon? That could be cool.

I would think, especially after looking at the plans again, that going further out back woulf be REALLY tough. I don't think it would be as easy to hide the access road as it was to blend the PotC showbuilding from the view of the WDWRR. Moving the road doesn't really look like an option. Plus the locations of BOG, TLM and Dumbo leaves very little access to the area. Actually i might just leave the removal of the restroom between BOG and TLM, which would be rather tight for traffic. (Unless it was some kind of dark ride that queued where the restroom is, tunneled under the road, into a large showroom on the other side...)

What would probably work better is removing the Barnstormer at a later date, replacing with a e-ticket darkride (Pinocchio, Robin Hood, SitS) and building a new toon town / MMClubhouse area @ DHS...

just speculating, of course... :)

Buried20KLeague

I think it's hilarious that we don't even know if this is happening, and already people are on "phase 2" of FL expansion and working on expansion at AK too.

One step at a time here, people.

These plans got out for a reason. And something tells me they accomplished their goal, regardless of what it was. Someone, somewhere, is sitting back and laughing at all of us.

Monorail_Orange

It's Disney! Elaborate is thier specialty! :D

Your point is well-made nonetheless. Like I said, it was just an idea that jumped out and grabbed me while I was studying the satelite view over the area while reading your post about potential areas for a phase 2, should one be considered.

It is probably my cheif beef with MK that both Skyway stations have sat abandonned for so long. They are primarily bad show, but serves to remind me of something that was done half-way by Disney - the removal of the skyway. So my idea killed two birds with one stone - ditching the abdonned structure, as well as making the area functional again without splintering the storyline of FL.

jt04

It's Disney! Elaborate is thier specialty! :D

Your point is well-made nonetheless. Like I said, it was just an idea that jumped out and grabbed me while I was studying the satelite view over the area while reading your post about potential areas for a phase 2, should one be considered.

It is probably my cheif beef with MK that both Skyway stations have sat abandonned for so long. They are primarily bad show, but serves to remind me of something that was done half-way by Disney - the removal of the skyway. So my idea killed two birds with one stone - ditching the abdonned structure, as well as making the area functional again without splintering the storyline of FL.

I don't think it's a bad idea at all. The Skyway in TL is being removed even as we speak. I think the FL skyway station could also be removed and since the area is kind of a dead end, a great forced perspective of a distant castle could be built that represents the castle in the upcoming Rapunzel movie with an enclosed M&G in the base. Just some of my Armchair Imagineering musings. Sorry. :eek:

Now I know some people are screaming, "ANOTHER _________ M&G"??:mad:

But with the coming RFID tech coming all of these M&G's could work together as a single attraction. Let your imaginations fill in the details. :)

Horizonsfan

An indoor Toontown Village in the manner of Mermaid Lagoon? That could be cool.

The best place for a new toontown would be the northern half of the island north of SM. They could easily build DL's toontown indoors (the area it covers is small enough) and transplant the barnstormer indoors to the new toontown. The biggest problem is that they would have to construct a well-hidden (themed) bridge that goes over the RR and the swamp.

If they ever add more attractions to FL after this "expansion", I would figure it would be either A) where Cinderella & Aurora's "attractions" are going or B) the area that encompasses the northern tip of the speedway over to the barnstormer. Of course, this would (figuring how long it took/going to take for this expansion) be another 10-15 years after this expansion. Maybe for the 50th...Who's ready for 2021? ;)

I think it's hilarious that we don't even know if this is happening, and already people are on "phase 2" of FL expansion and working on expansion at AK too.

One step at a time here, people.

These plans got out for a reason. And something tells me they accomplished their goal, regardless of what it was. Someone, somewhere, is sitting back and laughing at all of us.

Maybe, maybe not.

Either way, the plans are out there, and is fun just to play "what if".

Best way to look at it is this: Any change or addition, especially one that make use of unoccupied land, would be a welcome change...

(as long as they don't build Stitchland on it, featuring Stitch Mountain, Stitch of the Caribbean, and The Hall of Stitch...) :p

aladdin2007

Maybe, maybe not.

Either way, the plans are out there, and is fun just to play "what if".

Best way to look at it is this: Any change or addition, especially one that make use of unoccupied land, would be a welcome change...

(as long as they don't build Stitchland on it, featuring Stitch Mountain, Stitch of the Caribbean, and The Hall of Stitch...) :p

Dont forget Its A Stitch World After All, and The Many Adventures of Stitch. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom