The New Fantasyland

SirGoofy

but with greats like, "To Kill a Mockingbird"", "The Wizard of Oz"(which was written 110 years ago), and "The Lord of the Rings". Our willingness to fight back for the defense of Potter should be PLENTY of evidence that the Potter fan base will be forever loyal. I know i'm Dumbledore's man, through and through.

I think you may be going a little overboard. The books are at the level of LOTR, IMO, but to compare it to To Kill a Mockingbird or Oz is off base.

HMF

We were talking about this last night. I agree. PatF would be the BEST thing for TSI. They could even toss, "The Rescuers" in there somewhere. Didn't that lady living in the Trailer live in a swamp?
Please do not give them ideas for altering Tom Sawyer Island?:shrug:

SirGoofy

I do hope you will change your mind after Potter opens. The entire land is shaping up to be nothing short of spectacular! Everything from the toy store to the interactive elements throughout the land will be amazing. Hogwarts and the ride inside will be worth the price of admission alone. This may be one land that universal out Disneys Disney.

Glad you're here tonight. A poster has been spreading across the site that the attraction won't open until Christmas next year.

The delays aren't that bad are they?

whylightbulb

Glad you're here tonight. A poster has been spreading across the site that the attraction won't open until Christmas next year.

The delays aren't that bad are they?
Where is this poster? No that isn't true. The problems are quite challenging but we are in no way that far behind and we certainly wouldn't know if we were at this point.

JustInTime

I think you may be going a little overboard. The books are at the level of LOTR, IMO, but to compare it to To Kill a Mockingbird or Oz is off base.

I have read all 13 original Oz books. I am a hunge fan. I own a first edition of, "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz". But Harry Potter is better than the Oz books. Even of you don't agree, Harry Potter deserves it's spot next to it. To Kill a Mockingbird as well. It's not off base, it's true. It deserves that spot and if it doesn't have it already, then it will. trust me. I mean, why not? Is it wrong that there is a new classic? Or are minds too closed to think other wise?

SirGoofy

I have read all 13 original Oz books. I am a hunge fan. I own a first edition of, "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz". But Harry Potter is better than the Oz books. Even of you don't agree, Harry Potter deserves it's spot next to it. To Kill a Mockingbird as well. It's not off base, it's true. It deserves that spot and if it doesn't have it already, then it will. trust me. I mean, why not? Is it wrong that there is a new Classic? Or are minds too closed to think other wise?

I'm not saying it isn't already a classic. I've spent many posts in this thread saying it is. But To Kill a Mockingbird and The first Oz book are American literary masterpieces. HP is full of imagination on the highest level, but is no where near the literary level of the other two.

JustInTime

I'm not saying it isn't already a classic. I've spent many posts in this thread saying it is. But To Kill a Mockingbird and The first Oz book are American literary masterpieces. HP is full of imagination on the highest level, but is no where near the literary level of the other two.

Not to burst your bubble, but the first Oz book is typically thought of as a poorly written novel. It's his later books that had the great writing. The book is what it is because of the 1939 movie. Sadly, it's the book that gets forgotten(along with the 13 others). Harry Potter sits next to it, equally. End of story. I am not going to budge on this one.

P.s. Did you know that after Baum died, Ruth Plumly Thompson continued the series? She wrote over 13 books as well. These books are long forgotten ghosts. You can't even buy them in stores(or Baums for that matter).

jt04

I just wanted to add some thoughts. The first one of which could cause a couple posters here to do this :brick:.

I sincerely believe that the timing of all these "leaks" is directly related to an event. No, not some recent tragedies but something else. They are tied to the recent ground breaking for Carsland. Let me explain. As I have been saying for months, there was a point in the development process for DCA that certain teams or groups would have fulfilled their responsibilities to DCA. I called it the "blueprint stage" for those responsible for design, not implementation, which is an entirely different discipline. I believe that the Carsland ground breaking represented a new era and was timed to signal the end of DCA phase 1's design stage. It was the next day or two that the FL blueprints leaked. I believe WDW's response to HP, at least as far as design goes, has been greenlighted. It is quite possible they are looking at more than one or even multiple projects. The DTD plans are definitely aimed at Uni, specifically CW. I believe it is likely WDW will respond to HP and the new coaster along several fronts and over several years.

As for the FL rehab, I don't think they will be adding what appear to be amazing queues without also upgrading the shows inside. It would be a disaster to have a state of the art queue fronting a 1970's ride. I am confident, Pooh, SW and PPF will get ride upgrades as part of this project not just new queues.

The folks who are cynical about the FL project (if it is fully realized) will soon be saying, "oh, now I get it!!!".

jt04

Thank you for saying this. I was beginning to worry about you.

dxwwf3

Personally I think that an updated Star Tours opening would do more for Disney to respond to HP than this proposed Fantasyland. If they do ST 2.0 the right way, it will be the most popular attraction at DHS and possibly the whole resort for a few years.

jt04

I may be an unquestioning HP fanboy. But I'm also a fan of literature.:lol:

While I believe HP is timeless and imaginative, it "isn't Shakespeare".

Fair enough. Although I do compare the new FL design to classic literature. A WDI masterpiece. Seriously!

*runs away to avoid a pummeling*

JustInTime

I may be an unquestioning HP fanboy. But I'm also a fan of literature.:lol:

While I believe HP is timeless and imaginative, it "isn't Shakespeare".

So you pumped it up to no end...then you knock it back down a bit...

So, it's "timeless and imiginative" but it's no "Wizard of Oz"...because "The Wizard of Oz" is...timeless and imaginative?! :shrug:

SirGoofy

So you pumped it up to no end...then you knock it back down a bit...

So, it's "timeless and imiginative" but it's no "Wizard of Oz"...because "The Wizard of Oz" is...timeless and imaginative?! :shrug:

No. I think Wizard of Oz is a better piece of literature. Simple as that. I made that clear.

JustInTime

No. I think Wizard of Oz is a better piece of literature. Simple as that. I made that clear.

Did you read my other post?:

"Not to burst your bubble, but the first Oz book is typically thought of as a poorly written novel. It's his later books that had the great writing. The book is what it is because of the 1939 movie. Sadly, it's the book that gets forgotten(along with the 13 others). Harry Potter sits next to it, equally. End of story. I am not going to budge on this one.

P.s. Did you know that after Baum died, Ruth Plumly Thompson continued the series? She wrote over 13 books as well. These books are long forgotten ghosts. You can't even buy them in stores(or Baums for that matter). "

P.s.s. Have you actually read The Wonderful Wizard of Oz? Or is it a classic to you because someone told you that it is a classic...

TP2000

Fair enough. Although I do compare the new FL design to classic literature. A WDI masterpiece. Seriously!

*runs away to avoid a pummeling*

Don't run away yet, I have a question...

We've seen one, small, black and white, vague, two-dimensional schematic of a large piece of property. There's no hint of what these buildings might look like from ground level, not even a charcoal sketch of an abstract form of a building, let alone color sketches or any hint of what the interior shows and attractions might be like. Just one vague aerial schematic with lots of information missing.

And from that lone and simple schematic, you have already declared the Fantasyland expansion of some undetermined future year to be "a WDI masterpiece"? Wow. :D

SirGoofy

Did you read my other post?:

Not to burst your bubble, but the first Oz book is typically thought of as a poorly written novel. It's his later books that had the great writing. The book is what it is because of the 1939 movie. Sadly, it's the book that gets forgotten(along with the 13 others). Harry Potter sits next to it, equally. End of story. I am not going to budge on this one.

P.s. Did you know that after Baum died, Ruth Plumly Thompson continued the series? She wrote over 13 books as well. These books are long forgotten ghosts. You can't even buy them in stores(or Baums for that matter).

Have you actually read The Wonderful Wizard of Oz? Or is it a classic to you because someone told you that it is a classic...

Of course I've read it. Loved it. And as a history buff, I loved the Gold Standard message in it.

I'd also like to see who calls it a poorly written novel. Because teachers professors, and other writers call it a literary classic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom