The New Fantasyland

jt04

I would think, especially after looking at the plans again, that going further out back woulf be REALLY tough. I don't think it would be as easy to hide the access road as it was to blend the PotC showbuilding from the view of the WDWRR. Moving the road doesn't really look like an option. Plus the locations of BOG, TLM and Dumbo leaves very little access to the area. Actually i might just leave the removal of the restroom between BOG and TLM, which would be rather tight for traffic. (Unless it was some kind of dark ride that queued where the restroom is, tunneled under the road, into a large showroom on the other side...)

What would probably work better is removing the Barnstormer at a later date, replacing with a e-ticket darkride (Pinocchio, Robin Hood, SitS) and building a new toon town / MMClubhouse area @ DHS...

just speculating, of course... :)

I like your thinking. Tunneling under and over obstacles has been done several times. PotC's queue is brilliant. The enterance is rather modest but opens up a whole world. The Indiana Jones ride queue at DL is even more amazing. Anything is possible. A FL phase 2 would not even have to deal with a railroad as PotC and Splash had to.

Horizonsfan

What would probably work better is removing the Barnstormer at a later date, replacing with a e-ticket darkride (Pinocchio, Robin Hood, SitS) and building a new toon town / MMClubhouse area @ DHS...

just speculating, of course... :)

This would work quite well. Can't wait till 2031!:lol::lookaroun

Missing20K

The best place for a new toontown would be the northern half of the island north of SM. They could easily build DL's toontown indoors (the area it covers is small enough) and transplant the barnstormer indoors to the new toontown. The biggest problem is that they would have to construct a well-hidden (themed) bridge that goes over the RR and the swamp.

If they ever add more attractions to FL after this "expansion", I would figure it would be either A) where Cinderella & Aurora's "attractions" are going or B) the area that encompasses the northern tip of the speedway over to the barnstormer. Of course, this would (figuring how long it took/going to take for this expansion) be another 10-15 years after this expansion. Maybe for the 50th...Who's ready for 2021? ;)

How about removing the Speedway and turning into a true ToonTown, ala DL's? Lot's of room in that area, particularly if you get rid of the out-of-place motorized cars on a track. Might be a bit expensive to go that route. Seems like they are looking to just get rid of the toontown area altogether.

The best place for a new toontown would be the northern half of the island north of SM. They could easily build DL's toontown indoors (the area it covers is small enough) and transplant the barnstormer indoors to the new toontown. The biggest problem is that they would have to construct a well-hidden (themed) bridge that goes over the RR and the swamp.

If they ever add more attractions to FL after this "expansion", I would figure it would be either A) where Cinderella & Aurora's "attractions" are going or B) the area that encompasses the northern tip of the speedway over to the barnstormer. Of course, this would (figuring how long it took/going to take for this expansion) be another 10-15 years after this expansion. Maybe for the 50th...Who's ready for 2021? ;)

Actually, why hide the bridge? Set just past the trainstation and give it a "Golden Gate Bridge" look onto the "island". You can then backstop the area with 2 or 3 dark rides, using the show building to block out the monorail extension and World Dr. The entirety of TTF would fit there with room for more...

Horizonsfan

How about removing the Speedway and turning into a true ToonTown, ala DL's? Lot's of room in that area, particularly if you get rid of the out-of-place motorized cars on a track. Might be a bit expensive to go that route. Seems like they are looking to just get rid of the toontown area altogether.

I thought about that. The main problem is that you're taking away a lot of space from TL. There's also the problem of incorporating the Barnstormer into this area while respecting the "mythology" of the area.

I'd rather they completely demo the current Speedway and give us an Autopia on the quality of HKDL's. Maybe somebody can convince the construction crews to start in on the speedway after they're done with FL...Any takers?

Edit: We've got to try and get back on subject! No more archair imagineering for me.

Dinoman96

Maybe, maybe not.

Either way, the plans are out there, and is fun just to play "what if".

Best way to look at it is this: Any change or addition, especially one that make use of unoccupied land, would be a welcome change...

(as long as they don't build Stitchland on it, featuring Stitch Mountain, Stitch of the Caribbean, and The Hall of Stitch...) :p

Or perhaps Expedition Stitch, Space Stitch Earth, Stitchosaur, and last, but not least, Lilo's and Stitch's Stitch Rama! ;)

Missing20K

I thought about that. The main problem is that you're taking away a lot of space from TL. There's also the problem of incorporating the Barnstormer into this area while respecting the "mythology" of the area.

I'd rather they completely demo the current Speedway and give us an Autopia on the quality of HKDL's. Maybe somebody can convince the construction crews to start in on the speedway after they're done with FL...Any takers?

Edit: We've got to try and get back on subject! No more archair imagineering for me.

Fair enough, it's just so hard not to armchair when blueprints are leaked. :D

The one part about these new rumored plans that keeps getting at me, though, is this Barnstormer issue. I think it would just have to be re-themed, and at the time of these plans, the ideas for re-theming had not been fleshed out yet.

On another note, I absolutely love the idea of Gaston's restaurant.

cdunbar

Fair enough, it's just so hard not to armchair when blueprints are leaked. :D

The one part about these new rumored plans that keeps getting at me, though, is this Barnstormer issue. I think it would just have to be re-themed, and at the time of these plans, the ideas for re-theming had not been fleshed out yet.

On another note, I absolutely love the idea of Gaston's restaurant.
Here here I hope that if anything does get cut, its not that!:sohappy:

Horizonsfan

It is very odd why that is the one piece that is left from TTF. I understand the desire to retain a completely usable junior coaster but to not re-theme it is very odd. We need Lee, Marni, 74, or Tirian to shed some light on this.

It is very odd why that is the one piece that is left from TTF. I understand the desire to retain a completely usable junior coaster but to not re-theme it is very odd. We need Lee, Marni, 74, or Tirian to shed some light on this.

One could assume that it will be rethemed, and just left "Barnstormer" for simplicity sake on the blueprint.

:shrug:

CBOMB

I think it's hilarious that we don't even know if this is happening, and already people are on "phase 2" of FL expansion and working on expansion at AK too.

One step at a time here, people.

These plans got out for a reason. And something tells me they accomplished their goal, regardless of what it was. Someone, somewhere, is sitting back and laughing at all of us.
Funny how the proper leaks to the proper people can completely change the focus of several WDW forums.

jt04

One could assume that it will be rethemed, and just left "Barnstormer" for simplicity sake on the blueprint.

:shrug:

Well we have heard that 20% has been scaled back so it's entirely possible that is the case with barnstormer. It doesn't mean it can't be rethemed to a mine coaster at a later date.

It's also interesting the blue print does not show FL east, whose reurbs might also have been delayed. So that makes it possible the 80% approved is exactly what you see in the blueprint. Hope so anyway.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Well we have heard that 20% has been scaled back so it's entirely possible that is the case with barnstormer. It doesn't mean it can't be rethemed to a mine coaster at a later date.

It's also interesting the blue print does not show FL east, whose reurbs might also have been delayed. So that makes it possible the 80% approved is exactly what you see in the blueprint. Hope so anyway.
The most obvious reason you might not see FL east is that it would simply not fit on the page. We are only seeing one page of a set of plans that could easily number in the hundreds.

Figment632

Do we even have confirmation that these blueprints are authentic?

The blue print has 10 "areas":
Castle Wall
Belle
BOG
Mermaid
Cinderella
Aurora
Pixie Hollow
Pooh
Dumbo
Barnstormer

removing 2, Pooh and Barnstormer, would give an 80% approval...

(that's what we like to call "wishful thinking")
:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom