The New Fantasyland

WDW1974

Just an amazing amount of postage here ... I only have a few things to add at this point, 11 days at WDW/SW plus a smash-and-non-grab on one of my cars won't permit me the hours to go over all the posts (and some of the great points I have seen in passing).

My first point has to be cynical ... as in the timing of the 'leaks' just when the only thing the fan community is discussing is the senseless death of a young monorail pilot and the aftermath ... and then yesterday's bus collision only adds to the negative view of the World and transport in general.

So, you either slip or hold back when this F-Land info comes out to get everyone talking about something really positive. You even ask webmasters (like Steve) to pull the blueprints, which is exactly what happened when word of the BLT Tower leaked out. In other words, you tease the fans, but don't make it official. WDW Social Media Dept at work, a cynical Spirit might ask.

That said, much of this is what I have heard is 'planned' and it isn't hard to imagine the other parts. It does all seem to 'fit' what Disney wants to do and the direction they want F-Land/TTF to take. So, this is either the exact blueprints (doesn't mean they can't change as anyone in archictecture will tell ya) or some very skilled plant that is still very much based on reality.

In other words, even if this is BS, it isn't. Way too much of this is real deal.

And I do believe it borrows heavily from past concepts from DCA's Mermaid ride, to DLP's never-built Beauty and the Beast attraction/Gaston's to the new walk-thru for Cindy's Castle in TDL, which is exactly what I'd expect. And I haven't studied this down to the minute level that I am sure many here have done.

Anyway, I have a dude coming with new auto glass, so I don't know when I'll be back, but I did want to toss those points out.

FWIW, I do think we're very close to having something to actually get excited about ... really excited (although do realize this and Joe Rohde's move to Oahu and HKDL projects says nothing will come to DAK for years) ... provided Disney doesn't have to keep paying millions out to dead CM's families and injured guests.

Continue ...

DocMcHulk

Is it possible to have mermaid built and open by the 40th or just too late at this point?
Personal opinon: It would be tight. but I think it can be done. Expedition Everest took 3 years to build from announcement (April 22, 2003) to opening day (April 7, 2006).

aladdin2007

Personal opinon: It would be tight. but I think it can be done. Expedition Everest took 3 years to build from announcement (April 22, 2003) to opening day (April 7, 2006).

Maybe mermaid could be ready towards the end of the 40th. Sorta defeats lets have something new for the 40th I guess, but could still count.

castevens

Plus, they could just build the ride and put strobe lights flashing on anything that's supposed to move and work on it overnight for the next 3 years.

jt04

Also, I've seen people mention "Enchanted Forest" but these plans don't say anything about that? It says Pixie Hollow, which is already in Disneyland. Look up some photos.

And why is there so much space dedicated to Dumbo? That whole area right after you exit the train says Dumbo as well. Seems like quite alot of space for just a dumbo spinner attraction?!

I think I understand the Enchanted Forest idea. It is not so much a "land" but more of a backstory element. Once you wander outside the Castle Courtyard you will be entering the Enchanted Forest. Within the forest will be the Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Winnie the Pooh and, also part of the forest, will be Pixie Hollow. You will be able to pass through the forest to get to the BatB attractions (new "Beast" castle?)or the Little Mermaid Attractions (oceanside setting of northern europe?) or the Dumbo attractions (new "toontown").

The Castle Courtyard willl be enclosed and appears to contain the Snow White attraction and the Carousel. Now on to the unseen stuff. There was some amazing art work of a Mickey themed music shop that appeared here a couple weeks ago. I think it might have been the new facade for Philharmagic. If that is true this new fantasyland will be amazing. PPF, IaSW may keep there Medieval Faire look but that would make sense since they would either be within or just outside the Castle Courtyard. What is still unnaccounted for is the old Fantasyland Skyway building. As comprehensive as this is, Im sure there is a plan for that. Rapunzel?

I don't care what anyone says, this project is amazing. If anyone else can find that music shop art work, I'm sure you will see what I mean.

The Dumbo spinners appear to be part of a D or E ticket experience to me. It's location and size seem to indicate there is a whole lot more to it than just spinners. And the train spur is for a Casey Jr themed add I would guess. Possibly an animatronic LCI that appears from time to time. Or a train that arrives with characters from back stage. That is a guess though.

:)

flynnibus

Premium Member
I think we all agree. But, other sites have posted them and have not taken them down. If real, I assume Disney would have ordered these sites to remove them immediately, like Steve did here. UNLESS, Disney wants these plans out there. :lookaroun

wdwmagic took them down on their own accord to prevent issues. He never said Disney approached him at all.

And maybe add a flying Dumbo to the pre fireworks show? :sohappy:
Except the rigging setup for DL is nothing like MK. The DL rigging is much more, allowing for the up-down movement, and back and forth movement. Tink's vertical drop isn't that high, so they have a carriage that goes back and forth.

MK's is basically just a zip line and drops significantly more. MK's setup would have to be totally redone to even consider the stuff DL is doing right now.

I'd kill for DL's setup at MK... it's not even a comparison. Except the wires are so much more ugly and noticable at DL.

castevens

The Castle Courtyard willl be enclosed and appears to contain the Snow White attraction and the Carousel.

I always found it a bit weird that Snow White and Pooh were clearly connected to each other. Perhaps if there is some sort of castle wall separating the two, it will make it seem like two completely separate attractions.

For example, most people would NEVER know that if the screen for Philharmagic and the Hall of Presidents were removed, you'd have two crowds of guests sitting down looking at each other. That's because the two entrances are well separated. Hopefully this castle wall is able to achieve that (I do realize that this is something that most people aren't annoyed by :) )

jt04

I always found it a bit weird that Snow White and Pooh were clearly connected to each other. Perhaps if there is some sort of castle wall separating the two, it will make it seem like two completely separate attractions.

For example, most people would NEVER know that if the screen for Philharmagic and the Hall of Presidents were removed, you'd have two crowds of guests sitting down looking at each other. That's because the two entrances are well separated. Hopefully this castle wall is able to achieve that (I do realize that this is something that most people aren't annoyed by :) )

You are definitely a Disney fan. :)

I am pretty sure the Pooh stuff will be in the "forest" and the Snow White dark ride will be within the courtyard. This plan is so amazing it makes you wonder if the forest idea was part of the original plan and it got scrapped for 20K way back when.

If this is a new concept, whoever came up with it is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant!

lspicknall

Don't know if this has been brought up or not (I tend not to read arguments), but how does this jive with the rumored RFID update ?

Rob562

I'm still wondering about that Enchanted Mirror Room.....

I was wondering is there is more to the referb on the castle corner of the plan? It looks like there is work indicated on SW facade but it is not associated with a construction area. Perhaps there is another construction area around the castle that would include SW and perhaps an 'Enchanted Mirror Room'?????

I agree that Enchanted Mirror Room is more Snow White than Cindy. Looking at the plans, I'm trying to figure a few things out around the existing Snow White attraction...

Due north of the start of the actual ride are a few rooms that LOOK like they are a chain of rooms and hallways that form an extended queue, as it connects to both the inner and outer areas of the SW queue. Perhaps the Enchanted Mirror Room is really part of an interactive extended queue for the current SW ride.
I can't tell if these rooms are taking up the space of Mrs Potts' Cupboard and/or the Friar's Nook. (Or maybe I'm just mis-reading the plans, and they ARE the kitchens for those two locations. I'm a bit hazy on the actual layout along that stretch of FL) But on these plans there's a backstage stairwell down to the Utilidors between SW and Pooh that does NOT connect to this new possible extended queue...

I also can't tell whether the Seven Drawfs Mine shop is still there or not. Perhaps the planners decided that with all the added food and merch locations in the expansion, they could afford to lose one existing small gift shop and snack counter...

-Rob

Animaniac93-98

For those wondering, it'll take 2 years to build Mermaid at DCA, if Disney started in October of this year, they could be done by October 2011.

Rob562

I think what you're reading between Gaston's Tavern and Mermaid is "Area Restrooms".

Actually what I was referring to was south of there, just south of the Merch location, immediately across from Gaston's Tavern. Looks like "Relocated Hood"...something....

-Rob

You are definitely a Disney fan. :)

I am pretty sure the Pooh stuff will be in the "forest" and the Snow White dark ride will be within the courtyard. This plan is so amazing it makes you wonder if the forest idea was part of the original plan and it got scrapped for 20K way back when.

If this is a new concept, whoever came up with it is brilliant. Absolutely brilliant!

If the plan is true than part of the Castle wall section would be right near Mrs. Potts, effectively splitting the rides. Also if the wall has arches over the walkways, then the facade over both rides would need to be redone...

PirateFrank

Im wondering out loud here...and someone has to refresh my memory on the geography of adventureland...

but if the speculation is correct, and they do remove aladin (whether it's to be a second dumbo, or just to remove it) there's going to be some space there. How close is/was aladin from the swiss family robsinson tree house???

I keep hearing this old rumor resurface that the treehouse will be torn down and replaced with a replica Black Pearl....perhaps the removal of aladin is to prep the area for such an endeavor......either for extra space during construction, or queue space once completed.....

Granted this all depends on the proximity of aladin from the Treehouse....which, again I admit, I'm fuzzy on.

lazyboy97o

In regards to the large area set aside for Dumbo, there was an idea for Disneyland to create a Dumbo miniland. I believe there is a piece of art for this in The Art of Disneyland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom