The New Fantasyland

DocMcHulk

Here's a question, if Donalds boat is being removed why are they bothering to refurb it right now?
My guess is this renovation will be done in stages, over many years, not one large massive overhaul.
Stage one... it it were me... would be the Little Mermaid Ride and the Aurora area. That would require little to no impedance of traffic flow. and would take traffic out of ToonTown when it is done.

Stage Two... move on and do the Restaurant/Belle area. This further reduces potential ToonTown activity.

When that is done, take down ToonTown and move dumbo and build Pixie Hallow.

Under that plan, this could take 3-5 years, if not more. So, ToonTown will be around for a while. might as well not let it go into decay.

djkidkaz

Also, I've seen people mention "Enchanted Forest" but these plans don't say anything about that? It says Pixie Hollow, which is already in Disneyland. Look up some photos.

And why is there so much space dedicated to Dumbo? That whole area right after you exit the train says Dumbo as well. Seems like quite alot of space for just a dumbo spinner attraction?!

GothMickey

My guess is this renovation will be done in stages, over many years, not one large massive overhaul.
Stage one... it it were me... would be the Little Mermaid Ride and the Aurora area. That would require little to no impedance of traffic flow. and would take traffic out of ToonTown when it is done.

Stage Two... move on and do the Restaurant area. This further reduces potential ToonTown activity.

When that is done, take down ToonTown and move dumbo.

Under that plan, this could take 3-5 years, if not more. So, ToonTown will be around for a while. might as well not let it go into decay.

Makes sense. I do feel Little Mermaid would be in Phase 1 of the refurb, with the current Mermaid area being demolished at the same time.

GothMickey

Also, I've seen people mention "Enchanted Forest" but these plans don't say anything about that? It says Pixie Hollow, which is already in Disneyland. Look up some photos.

And why is there so much space dedicated to Dumbo? That whole area right after you exit the train says Dumbo as well. Seems like quite alot of space for just a dumbo spinner attraction?!

Because that area is where the WDW Railroad station stop is. The station stop would be themed to Dumbo. In a scale of things, I don't think that train stop area is all that big, personally. So, Dumbo's theme would really only be the station area, along with a maintenance/bathrooms building. You exit the train, walk a few feet and enter Pixie Hollow.

Thanks for the analysis GoofMaster.

I'm still wondering about that Enchanted Mirror Room.....

Enchanted Mirror Room-
Looks like the small room behind cindy is marked mirror. It looks really small, leads me to think it will be a room guests can walk in and out of and a CM will be controlling the mirror similar to Crush and MILF and interact with guests. Seems like guest flow might be an issue, but it looks too small to be a really organized show, hard to get a solid grasp on this.

My take:

The location is "Cinderella's Chateau", which features the "Encanted Mirror Room" attraction/show/Turtletalk screen. The Chateau appears to have two queues, which feed the "show" areas on each side. The crescent shape in each area could be a Turtle Talk type screen, hence "The Enchanted Mirror Room".
Egress would be toward the Mermaid ride thru the room marked "merch", not "mirror".

I fall on the side of "merch" not mirror for that location as well, but I'm not quite buying the location in Cinderella's Chateau due to the theme. It clearly belongs with SW.

You know what doesn't make sense though, unless I am forgetting, but, I don't remember a magic or enchanted mirror in Cinderella. I remember it in Snow White though. Why would they put a magic or enchanted mirror in Cinderella?

The map we are looking at seems to have more to it. If you look at the bottom right corner there's a piece of a down scroll arrow.

I was wondering is there is more to the referb on the castle corner of the plan? It looks like there is work indicated on SW facade but it is not associated with a construction area. Perhaps there is another construction area around the castle that would include SW and perhaps an 'Enchanted Mirror Room'?????

EPCOT Explorer

Dumbo miniland?:shrug:

Fine by me...I hope we get a ride, too.:D

DocMcHulk

Ok, so that Dumbo/Train Station area, am i the only one that sees a set of tracks break off from the mainline and go into the dumbo ride area?

EPCOTPluto

Magical FTW. I hope we get a Dumbo appearance in the future, too.
You mean this Dumbo? :animwink:

topidumbo.jpg

Here's a question, if Donalds boat is being removed why are they bothering to refurb it right now?

Most likely, TTF removal would be a latter stage of the construction. The entire Ariel/Mermaid, Belle/BOG/Gaston's, Cinderella, and Aurora area could begin construction almost immediately. They all primarily sit on used, most unseen land. The only thing that would have to be removed would be PPS. That would most likely be stage 1 of construction. Once that has opened Stage 2 would probably begin with the removal of Ariels Grotto, Scuttles and Dumbo; followed by the installation of the Castle Wall. With the completion of that Stage 3 would start with the blocking off and removal of TTF; the installions of "Dueling Dumbos" and Pixies, the retheming of the Train station and Barnstormer.

Anyone know the timeline from groundbreaking to opening for TSM, EE and Yak & Yeti? If the bulk of Stage 1 is done concurrently that could allow an estimate of how long it would take to complete...

bgraham34

2 years to do all that!? I just dont see it.

No way at the earliest it would be 2 years. I am expecting it to take 3 years to complete. If these plans are real and I think they are to some extent the announcement will come in October. So I would think construction will start between Sept and the end of the year.

DocMcHulk

No way at the earliest it would be 2 years. I am expecting it to take 3 years to complete. If these plans are real and I think they are to some extent the announcement will come in October. So I would think construction will start between Sept and the end of the year.
It depends on how much has been green-lite. They may only green lite parts of it. if so, then this is a 5+ year project. I can see the Little Mermaid ride being green lite already. And the Aurora area probably is too since they need a pathway back to the new ride.

If it's a multi-phased plan, i see it being:
Mermaid/Aurora
Be Our Guest Restaurant/Belles Area/Cinderella
ToonTown Takedown
New Dumbo area built
Current Dumboa area torn down/Castle Wall built
Pixie Hallow built

Most likely, TTF removal would be a latter stage of the construction. The entire Ariel/Mermaid, Belle/BOG/Gaston's, Cinderella, and Aurora area could begin construction almost immediately. They all primarily sit on used, most unseen land. The only thing that would have to be removed would be PPS. That would most likely be stage 1 of construction. Once that has opened Stage 2 would probably begin with the removal of Ariels Grotto, Scuttles and Dumbo; followed by the installation of the Castle Wall. With the completion of that Stage 3 would start with the blocking off and removal of TTF; the installions of "Dueling Dumbos" and Pixies, the retheming of the Train station and Barnstormer.

Anyone know the timeline from groundbreaking to opening for TSM, EE and Yak & Yeti? If the bulk of Stage 1 is done concurrently that could allow an estimate of how long it would take to complete...

Actually after further review, if they felt ambitious, Stages 1 & 2 could be done together with mininum traffic disruption. Which would be the complete "Enchanted Forest theme". Afterwhich Stage 3 would kick in, along with individual rehabs for Pooh and Snow White to redue their queue areas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom