The "New" ADR system is the pits!

BrerMouse

I learned my lesson this trip with ADR. Booked a last minute trip because of the 7 for 4 deal and ran into no Chef Mickey's or Le Cellier but was able to get a good one for Ohana. Next time I'll know.

nankeldisney821

I just want to double check something if I could.....They did change it to the 90 day ADR correct? Everything I have seen still says 180 days but when I called on my 180 day time, they told me I had to wait for the 90 day mark. If anyone could help me that would be great!

Also, I did try to call this morning to ask that same question and I never got through. I tried 3 times and 2 times it said the lines were busy and I needed to call back. The other time, I got the recording but when it asked for me to say English....it didn't work and it kept playing it until they told me to press 1 which I did but then the next thing was to say reservations and they didn't get that either and that also kept repeating itself so I hung up. I figured someone on here could help me.

Thanks!!

swimmom

Le Cellier seems to be getting more popular every day! They were completely booked for the day I wanted but that's alright, I've been there before. It's forcing me to try a new place!

We have planned a last minute trip for May just within the 90 days, and when I called for ADR's I had a choice of 2 out of our 10 day trip at LeCellier!!! But I had no problems getting ADR's at other restaurants i.e. Boma, Rose & Crown, Whispering Canyon, Liberty Tree Tavern....

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
I honestly dont think Id mind eating at Le Celier everyday my whole trip! But I at least wanna hit it up no less than twice, and maybe 3 times. I have pretty much found my fav places to eat in Disney.

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
No luck on getting through - I didn't press "1" the first time and got right through and when I said that I needed to make a ressie after the 26th, i got transfered and have been on hold for almost an hour!!!!

disneygirl76

So stupid me...I thought this couldn't be right and maybe i've just got into this weird phone loop in space so I hung up and called back. I did not press one this time and I spoke to a CM who told me that everyone who is trained on the new system is taking calls - but that not everyone is trained yet so that is why they are taking so long. They just don't have the quantity of CM's trained to take all the calls for guests who are making ADR's after the 26th of May. She said that at this moment - it's about a 110 minute wait and there are 153 people in front of me!! So i'm back in the loop - should be around 2 pm when I talk to someone! Oh my! Thank goodness for free long distance on my cell! ha ha

wdwmomof3

I hope that they have everyone trained by the time I need to make our ADR's. I still have a few more months. :lookaroun Hopefully by then, they will have it running much smoother. ;)

disneygirl76

Me too - I hope you don't have to wait this long. It's better this time on hold then the first hour. I have an ETA and some understanding of what is going on and why. Just being on hold for what seems like forever with no understanding why, that was trying my patience. :hammer:

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
Awwww...I totally feel ya. When I spent my hour on hold it was early, I was still trying to wake up, and I was running around the house trying to get the kids ready for school. Thank God my brother was here to take them to school. I'd have been miffed if I'd sat on hold for that long then had to hang up to take the kids to school. LOL!

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Would it be really tacky to contact Kingdom Konsultants just to make ADRs or is that even an option?:shrug:

They work off of commission sellingvacation PACKAGES so if you worked on commission there is no chance youd do stuff like that.

I mean someone might see you as a potential client and help you out, but I wouldnt count on that.

erstwo

Started calling at 7:30 EST. Was on hold 15 mins - spoke with one CM who told me "since my reservations were after May 25, she would have to transfer me to another CM."

Now been on hold 30 MORE minutes for a total of 45 minutes on the phone and still counting.......... ahhhhhhhhhhh :brick:

disneygirl1

^^^Well that stinks!!! I still can not believe that Disney would release a system that obviously is not 100%!!! This is ridiculous, no one should be on hold and hour or more to mask dining reservations. I never had at issues with the old system. So why the change now? Hope you get the ressies you were looking for. I still have 100 days to go before I cen my my dining ressies. I sure as heck hope all the kinks are worked out by then.

Mystic

I spent 35 minutes on hold last night and then another 35 minutes with the CM getting my ADRs and my tour reservation. I heard from a friend that travel agents have to call the exact same number as everyone else when it comes to making dining reservations so this could account for some of the excessively long waits on hold. Also the new system does still have kinks in it, which also slows the process. While I understand why they upgraded the system, the old method was much quicker. We booked twice as many reservations for our past December trip in half the time it took me to book these reservations. The CM did apologize and did explain roughly how the new system works.

Each of your requested ADRs are put into a 'shopping cart'. The shopping cart can hold up to 12 reservations at a time, although this hasn't been the case recently as they CMs have been losing some of them if there are more than 6. Once the shopping cart is full, they process the cart. Then they reconfirm all the restaurants and times with you and give you your confirmation numbers. If you have more than 12 ADRs to make, you have to begin the process over again.

Tour bookings now work in the same fashion if you are booking them after May 26

sweetpee_1993

Original Poster
^^^
Yep. I was asking my confirmation number after making the 1st ressie and she explained the whole shopping cart thing. You get all the numbers at the end. The confirmation numbers are longer, too.

baz212

Does the shopping cart hold your reservation for you? I'm thinking for places like CRT or le cellier, would you be better off calling once for just the hard to get reservations, and a second time for the rest or will the shopping cart remove your requested ADR from the available list like ticketmaster online does for concert and theatre tickets?

Mystic

By the sounds of it, the shopping cart 'holds' the reservation (in other words takes it out of availability) until they are processed. Not 100% sure how it would work for CRT since I booked my dinner at CRT under the old system at the 170 day mark.

baz212

By the sounds of it, the shopping cart 'holds' the reservation (in other words takes it out of availability) until they are processed. Not 100% sure how it would work for CRT since I booked my dinner at CRT under the old system at the 170 day mark.
It sounded like that to me too, but I would like to be sure as I really want le cellier this trip. I don't actually want CRT since I have a DS5, but I know other people will. I was hoping maybe JP could shed some light on this:wave:

M5ward

#1 What is CRT?
We don't get to make our ADRs until July. I sure hope by then this system has gotten all the kinks out. No way do I want to be on the phone for two hours in beach weather. I liked the 180 day window; gave you plenty of anticipation time!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom