The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Californian Elitist

Almost stepped in a pile of it just outside Philippe’s on Sunday. Luckily the smell made me cautious enough to see it before it was too late. My condolences for needing a map in Anaheim, that was a first time experience for me

I was within walking distance from Philippe’s on Sunday. I wonder if we saw each other and didn’t know. ;)

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Tourist here.

Can you be mistaken for a gang member based on the clothing you wear? (i.e. primarily blue plaid shirt and blue jeans).
Are you throwing around gang signs too?
Are you part of the Plaid Crips?

All joking aside, blue plaid is not associated with any gang that I know of in California or in the US for that matter. So I think you're safe.

TROR

Anhone here familiar with the originals DCA layout concept art? I don’t remember much about it but I recall it having canals throughout the park. If anyone knows what I’m talking about, knows where to find it, or is in possession of it please share it as I’d love to study it again.
Looks like that same Twitter user just so happens to have exactly what I was looking for several months ago.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
But the LAPD says otherwise: "some gangs like to wear plaid shirts in either blue, brown, black or red."

:eek:
What they are referencing is that some gangs have moved beyond the standard color schemes in order to throw off police and other gangs.
Police don't use just the clothes someone wears as an indicator of gang affiliation. There are many factors including demeanor, location, body markings including tattoos, and a whole host of other factors. As a tourist coming to Anaheim its not something you typically have to worry about, unless of course you are covered in gang tats walking in East LA wearing some baggy jeans and a certain color shirt.

JD2000

What they are referencing is that some gangs have moved beyond the standard color schemes in order to throw off police and other gangs.
Police don't use just the clothes someone wears as an indicator of gang affiliation. There are many factors including demeanor, location, body markings including tattoos, and a whole host of other factors. As a tourist coming to Anaheim its not something you typically have to worry about, unless of course you are covered in gang tats walking in East LA wearing some baggy jeans and a certain color shirt.
But do gangs also take more into consideration? It won't be perceived as too much blue?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom