• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Disney Irish

Advertisement
Now I NEED to see Merlin fight the Balrog. "YOU SHALL NOT... (uses wrong spell, turns into walrus) CONFOUND IT ALL!!!"
We need to bring back that word into the lexicon, Confound....

VJ

Happy 27th anniversary to my favorite nighttime show ever, Fantasmic!
Dreams, are make-believe, but could they all come true?

mickEblu

Original Poster
But Jungle Cruise nearly always has a hefty line. For many, including my family, it's a must-do on every visit. We LOVE Jungle Cruise. It's beautiful, it's relaxing, it's good-natured. It is pure, 100% classic Disneyland, and it's aged very, very well.

It's not a movie, it's a living environment effected by weather, time of day, skipper, passengers and ducks. That moment when you enter the Elephant Bathing Pool and everyone just oohs and ahhhs in delight, even if they've seen it a hundred times... It's one of the best moments of any Disney attraction. The Hippo pool's a gem, too. Everything else can be swapped out and re-arranged, but those scenes need to stay forever (Lost Safari, too).

My advice to Jungle Cruise riders: Just relax. Soak in all in. You're in a freaking jungle in the middle of ANAHEIM. That's genuine magic.
I don’t disagree. The elephant bathing pool is one of my favorite scenes on any Disney attraction. It’s pure happiness. The Jungle is incredible. But the AAs could be better. At least the showcase AAs. It’s not a must do for most of my circle but I’m glad it’s there and hope it’s never replaced. Just think it needs some updating. Again, If you re not an AP and go on Jungle Cruise every few years or once in a lifetime it’s wonderful. With that said, I think there is room for improvement.

Kram Sacul

The Jungle Cruise is fine. It's a perfect blend of old school Disney with some new effects. Just needs more scripts. The one they have for female skippers is so bad.

Mac Tonight

I usually try to sit near the skipper and recite their lines at least a second or two before they do. It really throws them off. Once I was "invited" to skipper myself. I gave an older funnier but still clean version of the script. It was a lot of fun.
What a cool experience.

Also, I have to ask...what does your username mean?

mickEblu

Original Poster
I usually try to sit near the skipper and recite their lines at least a second or two before they do. It really throws them off. Once I was "invited" to skipper myself. I gave an older funnier but still clean version of the script. It was a lot of fun.
Wow so you really stood up there and gave the entire spiel?

socalifornian

Pixar sequels are taking a hiatus after TS4

>>Producer Mark Nielsen says that there’s "a lot of optimism about the future of the studio" since Docter, the Oscar-winning director of Upand Inside Out, was named Pixar’s chief creative. "He’s really looking out for the new voices and really loading up the development pool," Nielsen says, adding, "It’s all original films after this one right now."

VJ

Pixar sequels are taking a hiatus after TS4

>>Producer Mark Nielsen says that there’s "a lot of optimism about the future of the studio" since Docter, the Oscar-winning director of Upand Inside Out, was named Pixar’s chief creative. "He’s really looking out for the new voices and really loading up the development pool," Nielsen says, adding, "It’s all original films after this one right now."
when's Walt Disney Animation Studios gonna get the memo...?

Top Bottom