The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Sharon&Susan

I got it! TROR stands for "The Rise of Resistance!"

Is it a resistance to the changes at Disneyland? Or perhaps he's a closet Star Wars fan?

Or maybe it's something totally different, idk.
@TROR posted a list of 30 of his favorite movies and two of them were Star Wars films. I believe both of you have similar opinions on TLJ (that it is a good movie). He is definitely an open Star Wars to a certain degree. I mean I’ve seen people who consider themselves Star Wars fans and call Luke Skywalker something like “Randal Sand”.

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

What's the general consensus on the Disney characters inside Small World? That whole thing was about a decade ago- does the fan community like it now?

Sharon&Susan

What's the general consensus on the Disney characters inside Small World? That whole thing was about a decade ago- does the fan community like it now?
I don’t know what the general concensus is, but my opinion is that if it wasn’t for the music that accompanies the figures it wouldn’t be that bad. The America scene is far worst in my eyes, specially due to copying the scene from DLP (which intentionally looked different than Disneyland’s) probably just so they could add Toy Story characters.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Didn't you say what it means on Micechat a few years back?

Should I reveal the secret?

TROR

Anhone here familiar with the originals DCA layout concept art? I don’t remember much about it but I recall it having canals throughout the park. If anyone knows what I’m talking about, knows where to find it, or is in possession of it please share it as I’d love to study it again.

NateD1226

Anhone here familiar with the originals DCA layout concept art? I don’t remember much about it but I recall it having canals throughout the park. If anyone knows what I’m talking about, knows where to find it, or is in possession of it please share it as I’d love to study it again.
A bit off topic: Weren’t you going to start a YouTube channel for roasting disney or the study of Disney Parks. (i can’t remember haha) If I find anything I will let you know and maybe you can create a video on this!

ENCOM

Random thought:

Opening day Main Street U.S.A. was closer to its turn of the century theme than we are to opening day, and if they had kept updating it to a 55 year gap it would now be themed to 1964. Early sixties cars for the Main Street Vehicles, British Invasion music, fast food, googie architecture...

Edited to add:

On second thought, it would pretty much be Cars Land without the Cars characters.

TROR

Random thought:

Opening day Main Street U.S.A. was closer to its turn of the century theme than we are to opening day, and if they had kept updating it to a 55 year gap it would now be themed to 1964. Early sixties cars for the Main Street Vehicles, British Invasion music, fast food, googie architecture...

Edited to add:

On second thought, it would pretty much be Cars Land without the Cars characters.
Mid century America is what Downtown Disney should be

Sharon&Susan

No land to put a lake or ponds though.
The plot of land that was meant for Disney Quest could still be used or is there something significant currently there (as it is a backstage area as of now, but it seems like most of it is parking that could be moved elsewhere)?

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom