The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Darkbeer1

https://nypost.com/2019/12/16/boy-meets-world-star-maitland-ward-i-make-more-money-doing-/

Note, I made two minor changes to clean up the quote to avoid the board's auto censor. I used Adult Movies instead of the article's original word.

>>"When people say, ‘She had to turn to adult movies,’ I laugh, because this is a good thing and I’m making more now,” she says. “If you talked to my younger, more virginal soap-opera self, I never would have seen this coming out of me.”

Ward, who played Rachel McGuire, the bombshell redhead obsession of both Eric (Will Friedle) and Jack (Matthew Lawrence), says her career transition to adult movies happened by chance. After “Boy Meets World” ended in 2000, she booked a few bit parts in Hollywood before moving on to study theater and screenwriting in New York and Los Angeles.

But in 2013, as a 30-something actress, she says she got her big break at comic conventions while dressed up in sexy cosplay, which she posted on social media — much to her team’s chagrin.

“I had a publicist who was like, ‘Stop putting up sexy pictures. They will not hire you for anything if you do that. Once you get past 30, 35, they don’t hire you for doing sexy stuff. You should be auditioning to play Disney moms,’” she says. “He thought he was giving me good advice, but it just wasn’t my thing. I was typecast. I was seen as a wholesome comedy star, and I was trying to fight against that. I didn’t want to play a Disney mom.”<<

Rich T

He left out key moments that would have made the movie a lot better...
No amount of replacing deleted scenes could ever save TBC because you’d still have Gurgi, the Jar Jar Binks of Disney animation. He’s like Wilford Brimley on helium playing a gremlin... wait... no actually a Brimley helium gremlin sounds kinda fun...

Mac Tonight

Katzenberg was the idiot that cut and re edited The Black Cauldron because he didn't understand it. He left out key moments that would have made the movie a lot better because he thought they were scary. Outside of Sherk, I'm not sure why he is considered a genius. He seems like a total jerk.
Not sure where the idea of "genius" is coming from in this instance, but, TBC missteps aside, he kinda sorta DID sheperd the Walt Disney Feature Animation department through some little films such as The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, and The Lion King. Not to mention, helping get the Pixar partnership started.

But hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinions.

D.Silentu

The Disney SW trilogy is a hopeless mess, cobbled together with no overall story plan.
That's true of course and there are a number of other factors working against the film. In spite of that, I will still go and see it. This is the last Star Wars movie that will include the characters that are meaningful to me. Luke will be there to some degree, as will Leia, albeit via archival footage, and I'm glad to hear Lando has come back. After this movie I have no stake in the series and will discard the sizable suspension of disbelief that I understand was needed for this trilogy. Going forward they will have to try and win me over with well plotted stories.

Last edited:

Rich T

Worst. Pokémon. Ever.
E76CA6A8-D5F3-4482-BDC5-C628D968BB3A.jpeg

Phroobar

After Indiana Jones is refreshed next year, I wish they would bring back Indiana Jones and the Summer of Hidden Mysteries. I would love to see Indy fighting above the streets of Adventureland again. Bring back the hidden artifacts to the Jungle Cruise. It could add a lot of immersion to the land. Oh who am I kidding? Chappy would just axe it. We can't even have a free roaming droid anymore.

2880887595_316c126abf_b.jpg

Animaniac93-98

So I guess the overall view of Disney's sequel trilogy is part 1 & 3 go together with some kind of weird acid dream in the middle.

Seems the decision to throw out TLJ has both irked fans of that movie, while still not winning over its detractors.

Nobody gets what they want. Everybody loses. Merry Christmas everyone!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom