The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Suspirian

On today's episode of: "Literally nobody asked for this..."

The live-action Aladdin is getting a spin-off D+ movie featuring that one guy from that one scene...

I think its funny that they can barley come up with originals that aren’t based on some pre existing property.

Mac Tonight

It’s the equivalent of green-lighting an animated film based on the prince who gets his pants ripped by Raja in the animated original. At least “D+“ is an appropriate grade for this one. 😃
Prince Achmed, voiced by Corey Burton, the voice of the Disneyland tram, among others.

I’d watch that movie!

Rich T

Found some GREAT Disney Christmas cheese in an unexpected place: On YouTube, check out the 1966 Andy Wiiliams Christmas Special. Early in, you’ll be treated to The Osmond Brothers singing a crazy hyperactive medley that includes Heigh-Ho and Whistle While You Work. It’s not as good as them singing “This Land is Your Land” while rampaging around Disneyland, but it’s close. :D

Rich T

Watching the Game Awards right now
No joke, if there was Beaker DLC in Untitled Goose Game, it might make me actually consider buying it.
You should buy UGG anyway. It’s a charming and hilarious game. :) I was really rooting for it to win the best indie category. That Goose muppet has been the award show’s highlight so far. That and Smash winning best fighter.

Sharon&Susan

Highlights of TGA:
1. Reggie's Indie speech
2. The Muppets X Untitled Goose Game
3. Ikumi Nakumara is just as charming as she was at Bethesda's E3
4. Something other than Death Stranding winning GOTY
5. Bravely Default Two despite the terrible name
The worst of TGA:
1. No Smash character announcement (Reason why I tuned in)
2. Xbox X Box Model X Box X Atencio still proving that Microsoft is still bad at naming video game consoles.
3 Tons of prerendered trailers
4. The terrible Stadia ads
5. Presenter man talking to Apex Legends guy was way too long, cringy and pointless especially with a trailer for the same DLC after that "talk".

truecoat

Dick Van  2.jpg

Animaniac93-98

It was so stupid to cut "When Love is Gone" out of Muppet Christmas Carol. Not a surprise to hear it was Katzenberg's idea, the same man who cut "If I Never Knew You" from Pocahontas and tried to do the same with "Part of Your World". From the genius who gave us Shark Tale.

At least you can watch the scene on Disney+ on its own, in widescreen too. I think the last time you could do that was the laserdisc (where it was inserted back into the movie).

Last edited:

Phroobar

Katzenberg was the idiot that cut and re edited The Black Cauldron because he didn't understand it. He left out key moments that would have made the movie a lot better because he thought they were scary. Outside of Sherk, I'm not sure why he is considered a genius. He seems like a total jerk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom