The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

PiratesMansion

As an annual pass holder it’s nice to have decent quick service spots. They re obviously more focused on table service restaurants at WDW as it’s more of a tourist destination but I don’t see why they couldn’t have both? No one will spend the $150 on lunch for a family of 4 when you can get a great plate of fried chicken for $18?
No clue why their mindset is what it is. Their local numbers even continue to grow while they (and others on here) keep defending their current strategy. I can only imagine that it must be a lot cheaper to stock up on the same old quick service items at a large number of locations rather than have the variety that DLR enjoys.

90% of WDW counter service is boring, generic stuff that you'd expect to find at any other theme park-burgers, chicken strips, pizza. There are a handful of exceptions-Columbia Harbor House for those who like seafood at MK, Sunshine Seasons (sometimes) and the bakery and maybe the redone Connections at Epcot, Docking Bay 7 at DHS, and Flame Tree & Satuli Canteen at DAK, inevitably a few that I will have forgotten-but that's really about it, unfortunately.

TP2000

On this date in 1964 the Whiskey A Go-Go discotheque opened on the Sunset Strip in LA, a new concept in nightclubs with recorded music and girls dancing in cages above the dancefloor. Go-go dancing swept the nation soon thereafter. Within a year or two, even buttoned down places like Disneyland had go-go girls Frugging and Watusi-ing.

Happy 60th birthday to the Whiskey A Go-Go! The world, and even Disneyland, would never be the same. 🥳

Phroobar

Elephant delivery at Disneyland today.

iu

Maybe this movie is coming to Disney+ ?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
This sort of thing should happen at like 3am so fewer people see it.
Being done in the dark is probably not safe given all the surrounding areas. Plus I would guess there might be some city ordinance regarding the noise and such for non-critical air traffic.

This is actually something they do every decade or so. Here is a Parks Blog from 2011 that describes the same -

Communicora

Premium Member
On this date in 1964 the Whiskey A Go-Go discotheque opened on the Sunset Strip in LA, a new concept in nightclubs with recorded music and girls dancing in cages above the dancefloor. Go-go dancing swept the nation soon thereafter. Within a year or two, even buttoned down places like Disneyland had go-go girls Frugging and Watusi-ing.

Happy 60th birthday to the Whiskey A Go-Go! The world, and even Disneyland, would never be the same. 🥳

They need to bring back that bandstand!

smooch

Absolutely amazing CG recreation of Epcot's World of Motion.

Back during the lockdowns, when my Rift S was still new to me, I found something similar for ATIS and "rode through" with my headset and, quite honestly, for Omnimover rides it works really well. My one small gripe was the fact that the Omnimover would change directions / rotate / etc. but not keep the head mounted, but if I just swiveled my chair in sync with the Omnimover vehicle then I could truly just sit back and look around / immerse myself in the "ride." I'd love to see more and more of these recreations continue to appear (and hopefully be VR compatible).

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It clearly says Walt Disney World and Disney Hollywood Studios in the tags.

CMs should be better in general, sure, but nobody at DLR is responsible for the content of this video.
Not to mention that we don't know how many times CMs tried to tell those guests prior to that video being taken. The CMs are clearly walking back up the line toward the front of the queue, so that would suggest they tried to tell them at least once already as they walked toward the back of the line and none of the guests listened.

MoonRakerSCM

Is this the kind of hospitality you expect to receive when paying over $170 for a day at Disneyland?

No, it's not. That there is some quality hospitality. Here at DL the CMs would ignore the line and let people stand there without informing them of anything.

I'll never forget my time at Pyms when it was utter chaos and the lines were all over the place, guests screaming at each other, not moving at all due to the 'bartender' not knowing how to 'make' the drinks as well as dissapearing for a while (while mobile order people were being sent to stations and crowding around them by the 10s). A 'low level' dress manager came out, walked the line by us, observing the chaos. While walking away near us she muttered to herself "It’s moving, what are they whining about?".

They're inept and don't care. World wide leader in guest entertainment folks!

MoonRakerSCM

Not to mention that we don't know how many times CMs tried to tell those guests prior to that video being taken. The CMs are clearly walking back up the line toward the front of the queue, so that would suggest they tried to tell them at least once already as they walked toward the back of the line and none of the guests listened.
Those are clearly end of the line CMs who have a loudspeaker to inform guest crowds where the end of the active line is. That would suggest they've been informed the ride has shut down and are proceeding to walk the line toward the entrance sign to join the other CMs.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Those are clearly end of the line CMs who have a loudspeaker to inform guest crowds where the end of the active line is. That would suggest they've been informed the ride has shut down and are proceeding to walk the line toward the entrance sign to join the other CMs.
If you say so, but there isn't enough of the video to tell what happened prior to this. For all we know the same CMs walked down the line and already made the same announcement at least once.

I can say that I've seen guests stand in a "line" oblivious to instructions being told from CMs multiple times. So its not hard to believe that the same thing could have happened here.

Parteecia

If you say so, but there isn't enough of the video to tell what happened prior to this. For all we know the same CMs walked down the line and already made the same announcement at least once.

I can say that I've seen guests stand in a "line" oblivious to instructions being told from CMs multiple times. So its not hard to believe that the same thing could have happened here.
I'm not sure what people expect the CMs to do. Personally explain to each guest? Some might need a good shaking as well to get their attention.

ETA I say this as someone who has worked Guest Control and seen their blank bovine faces as I screamed to get their attention.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom