Hercules
Mulan
Tarzan
Lilo and Stitch
The Princess and the Frog
Tangled
Frozen
Moana

These are the only movies that are deserving of representation within Disneyland. I'm sure many would disagree, but I don't care because I'm right. If you don't see your favorite Disney movie on this list it's because your favorite movie actually sucks and isn't that good.
I actually like your list. Your last few sentences made me laugh, however.

mickEblu

Original Poster
Amazing how the response to Pocahontas has shifted over the past several years. A decade ago it was still a well liked film for its representation, messaging, animation, and music. Yes, it's inaccurate to history, but so is Anastasia which doesn't receive nearly any criticism. Pocahontas is by no means a favorite of mine, but I find a lot of the recent pushback to be artificial.

I agree that the perception has shifted a little bit. With that said it was a never a huge hit especially having to immediately follow Lion King. I remember enjoying it as a kid. Wasn’t one of my favorites but it had its moment on VHS for me.

Phroobar

I celebrated MLK day by watching the Blue Brothers this morning and now I'm at Knott's waiting for friends to show up. It will be packed. I'm avoiding Ghost Rider's 120 min wait at opening. Getting on Hang Time now.

mickEblu

Original Poster
For me these 7 are the best of the best when you consider art, story, music and emotional impact. They don’t all excel in each category but I think they do in at least 2-3 and are good to great in the other 1-2 categories.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Pinocchio
Cinderella
Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast
Aladdin
Lion King

Consumer

For me these 7 are the best of the best when you consider art, story, music and emotional impact. They don’t all excel in each category but I think they do in at least 2-3 and are good to great in the other 1-2 categories.

Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Pinocchio
Cinderella
Little Mermaid
Beauty and the Beast
Aladdin
Lion King
Not including Sleeping Beauty is a sin. It is a masterclass in animation, with stunning stylistic visuals. Its story is quintessential Disney and its soundtrack is bliss. I will confess some of the film does suffer from being too silly when it's focusing on the fairies, but the film is such an overwhelming delight for the eyes and ears it must be considered.
489201.png

1705345555137.png

1705346134897.png

1705346280203.png

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
Not including Sleeping Beauty is a sin. It is a masterclass in animation, with stunning stylistic visuals. Its story is quintessential Disney and its soundtrack is bliss. I will confess some of the film does suffer from being too silly when it's focusing on the fairies, but the film is such an overwhelming delight for the eyes and ears it must be considered.
View attachment 763110
View attachment 763107
View attachment 763113
View attachment 763111

The art is stunning. Where it excels it really excels. I have it like a category 1A. Just a tier below the Top group. It’s been a while since I’ve seen it but I think it falls short in the story and emotional impact departments. I don’t remember really caring about the characters. I think there is a reason it’s not just not quite as beloved as some of the others on my list. Its a beautiful piece of art but I think falls short in the other areas mentioned above. It’s also missing the songs and just some of the iconic moments found in the other films.

On another note I’m not quite sure that Aladdin and Little Mermaid deserve to be in the Top tier. They might get demoted to a Tier 1A with Sleeping Beauty. And keep Tier 1 at nice round number like 5.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
So we’re probably going to the park next week for the first time in 5 months. Any good reason to not eat at Plaza Inn? Anything good at Tiana’s?

PiratesMansion

So we’re probably going to the park next week for the first time in 5 months. Any good reason to not eat at Plaza Inn? Anything good at Tiana’s?
I don't have any specific food recommendations for Tiana's, but know that how you place the order affects the presentation of your food.

If you wait in line, you get everything nicely plated like the other buffeterias.

If you do mobile order, your food will arrive to you in To Go containers and will look about as nice as something you ordered on DoorDash.

I do not recommend the lemon-filled beignet dessert.

mickEblu

Original Poster
I don't have any specific food recommendations for Tiana's, but know that how you place the order affects the presentation of your food.

If you wait in line, you get everything nicely plated like the other buffeterias.

If you do mobile order, your food will arrive to you in To Go containers and will look about as nice as something you ordered on DoorDash.

I do not recommend the lemon-filled beignet dessert.

Thanks. Sounds like it’s going to have to be Plaza Inn and a fluffernutter churro from DCA. I saw someone on social media do all dark meat. I might have to do that.

mickEblu

Original Poster
What’s everyone’s order when you eat half a chicken? I feel like the below is the only acceptable order

1. Leg
2. Wing
3. Thigh
4. Breast

Leg first because it’s obviously the best piece of fried chicken and you want the best at first hunger. Following that rationale, the wing is next because it’s usually the next best piece (not so much at Plaza) and it’s also so small that it won’t fill you up before your next piece. Here’s where things get interesting, the best thigh beats the best breast. However, sometimes at some restaurants thighs can be/ feel a little undercooked and feel a little gamey in texture but I find the Plaza Inn thigh to be better than the often times dry boring breast. Besides, if you go breast first that just might put you out of commission right there.

Last edited:
In the Parks
No
What’s everyone’s order when you eat half a chicken? I feel like the below is the only acceptable order

1. Leg
2. Wing
3. Thigh
4. Breast

Leg first because it’s obviously the best price of fried chicken and you want the best at first hunger. Following that rationale, the wing is next because it’s usually the next best piece and also so small that it won’t fill you up before your next piece. Here’s where things get interesting, the best thigh beats the best wing. However, sometimes and some restaurants thighs can be/ feel a little undercooked and feel a little gamey in texture but I find the Plaza Inn thigh to be better than the often times dry boring breast. Besides, if you go breast first that might just put you out of commission right there.
I completely agree with your ordering here.

We've got a great BBQ chain around Chicago called City Barbeque, and their half chicken is delicious and my go-to. Only problem is, our location never gets the order right for takeout. The food is delicious, but they can't get it right. But I keep going back despite that because the food is so good. Anyone else have that problem with restaurants around them?

Consumer

1. Leg
2. Wing
3. Thigh
4. Breast

Leg first because it’s obviously the best price of fried chicken and you want the best at first hunger. Following that rationale, the wing is next because it’s usually the next best piece (not so much at Plaza) and it’s also so small that it won’t fill you up before your next piece. Here’s where things get interesting, the best thigh beats the best wing. However, sometimes at some restaurants thighs can be/ feel a little undercooked and feel a little gamey in texture but I find the Plaza Inn thigh to be better than the often times dry boring breast. Besides, if you go breast first that might just put you out of commission right there.
1. Breast
2. Throw the rest out

SuddenStorm

1. Leg
2. Wing
3. Thigh
4. Breast

Leg first because it’s obviously the best price of fried chicken and you want the best at first hunger. Following that rationale, the wing is next because it’s usually the next best piece (not so much at Plaza) and it’s also so small that it won’t fill you up before your next piece. Here’s where things get interesting, the best thigh beats the best wing. However, sometimes at some restaurants thighs can be/ feel a little undercooked and feel a little gamey in texture but I find the Plaza Inn thigh to be better than the often times dry boring breast. Besides, if you go breast first that might just put you out of commission right there.

This is a bit of a personal question but typically I go for the thigh before the breast.

mickEblu

Original Poster

1. Leg
2. Wing
3. Thigh
4. Breast

Leg first because it’s obviously the best piece of fried chicken and you want the best at first hunger. Following that rationale, the wing is next because it’s usually the next best piece (not so much at Plaza) and it’s also so small that it won’t fill you up before your next piece. Here’s where things get interesting, the best thigh beats the best breast. However, sometimes at some restaurants thighs can be/ feel a little undercooked and feel a little gamey in texture but I find the Plaza Inn thigh to be better than the often times dry boring breast. Besides, if you go breast first that might just put you out of commission right there.

Meant to say best thigh beats best breast**

mickEblu

Original Poster
I completely agree with your ordering here.

We've got a great BBQ chain around Chicago called City Barbeque, and their half chicken is delicious and my go-to. Only problem is, our location never gets the order right for takeout. The food is delicious, but they can't get it right. But I keep going back despite that because the food is so good. Anyone else have that problem with restaurants around them?

Not really other than McDonalds and an authentic Mexican restaurant we order takeout from via telephone. If the food is that good I’d keep going back too.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom