The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

SuddenStorm

Not really other than McDonalds and an authentic Mexican restaurant we order takeout from. If the food is that good I’d keep going back too.

Dude off topic but if you're ever in Santa Clarita on a Tuesday or Friday, check out Tacos Esmeralda in Castaic. I went there when I was in town on Tuesday, and loved it so much I went back on Friday. The value proposition is lessened if you have to travel for it, but if you're already in the area it's well worth checking out.

It's a pop up taco stand that operates out of a church parking lot- and it's incredible. Tacos are a dollar each, fish tacos are $2. A variety of meats, some great salsas, and they have inexpensive frescas and burritos and other stuff.

mickEblu

Original Poster
What a silly question. You and I know full well the only quick service restaurant that exists at Disneyland is the Plaza Inn.

Lol so true. The question was more like should I save some room for something else? Is there anything else worth trying? No suggestion would have stopped me from eating Plaza Inn for the first time in 6 months.

mickEblu

Original Poster
You West Coasters are so lucky Plaza Inn exists 😂 . Magic Kingdom has absolutely nothing on par with the Fried Chicken plate.

Weird they wouldn’t bring the recipe over to one of their existing restaurants on Main Street at MK like Crystal Palace (?) or something. Then again they brought fried chicken to Flo’s at DCA and it’s not even close.

SuddenStorm

I kind of like that though. You shouldn’t have access to Plaza Inn fried chicken at DCA. Kind of like shade.

Do you remember the 'Fried Chicken Day' they did like five years ago? I think it was part of their friendly competition with Knott's chicken.

One idea that was pitched internally was having a meet and greet with Gonzo and Camilla (his chicken) at the Plaza Inn because he thought it was friend chicken day. It didn't actually happen but I love the idea.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
Do you remember the 'Fried Chicken Day' they did like five years ago? I think it was part of their friendly competition with Knott's chicken.

One idea that was pitched internally was having a meet and great with Gonzo and Camilla (his chicken) at the Plaza Inn because he thought it was friend chicken day. It didn't actually happen but I love the idea.

lol that’s great. I’d welcome more of a Muppets presence on Main Street in general. Like just once in a while have them riding the omnibus like they did at one of those after hours events.

Pacnw

I watched Dial a few weeks ago.

It's fine... I guess. For an adventure film it's adequate and you can sit through it and be entertained. But as the epic conclusion of the Indiana Jones series, it falls flat.

I watched Raiders the day after and was like oh, yeah, Dial kind of sucks.
Could not have summed it up any better. And Raiders is quite possibly one of the best adventure films ever made

Phroobar

Just rewatched Rise of Skywalker. It's amazing how they were able to make an enjoyable movie after the dumpster fire of Last Jedi.
iu

PiratesMansion

You're all making me want fried chicken.
Lol so true. The question was more like should I save some room for something else? Is there anything else worth trying? No suggestion would have stopped me from eating Plaza Inn for the first time in 6 months.
Not sure if DCA is in the conversation for your trip day back, but while the use of funds in redoing the land was dumb and questionable, the new menu items I tried at SFS were all terrific. The Karaage Fried Chicken Sandwich & Baymax macaron from Lucky Fortune in particular was one of the best meals I've ever eaten at DLR. Only downside is that just like Tiana's, everyone wants to eat over there at the moment.
Weird they wouldn’t bring the recipe over to one of their existing restaurants on Main Street at MK like Crystal Palace (?) or something. Then again they brought fried chicken to Flo’s at DCA and it’s not even close.
They just do not care about quality quick service at WDW. There are a handful of options in all four parks, but otherwise if you want decent food in Florida, you need to go to a sitdown restaurant. Which is not to say that there aren't other things done well there-WDW is positively drowning in excellent and/or atmospheric table service, and DLR frankly could use more-but it's a distinct difference between the two coasts.

It is weird that they like to go in and "correct" attractions, among other things, in WDW to make them more like their DLR counterparts (frankly, often to the detriment of the WDW attractions and things that they touch), but food is pretty much off the table and never comes over. They did bring over a Monte Cristo sandwich to (I believe) the Toy Story restaurant they built in DHS that many thought was as good or better than the DL sandwich, only for the sandwich to vanish after a few months.

But WDW still fares far better than Paris, where quality food of any kind is hard to find. I ended up disproportionately eating at EOS out there because that's how few decent options there were at the Disney resort in a country otherwise overflowing with excellent food.
I'm in favor of them bringing back Muppet Vision 3D. I'd actually go see it, as opposed to Philharmagic which is a huge waste of space.
There was a vocal hatedom directed at this show back when it still existed at DCA, and I never understood why. Yeah, it's repetive as a 3D show, but I'm not sure they ever topped it-even when my beloved Captain EO enters the conversation. It never got the respect it deserved out west.

Last edited:

mickEblu

Original Poster
You're all making me want fried chicken.

Not sure if DCA is in the conversation for your trip day back, but while the use of funds in redoing the land was dumb and questionable, the new menu items I tried at SFS were all terrific. The Karaage Fried Chicken Sandwich & Baymax macaron from Lucky Fortune in particular was one of the best meals I've ever eaten at DLR. Only downside is that just like Tiana's, everyone wants to eat over there at the moment.

They just do not care about quality quick service at WDW. There are a handful of options in all four parks, but otherwise if you want decent food in Florida, you need to go to a sitdown restaurant. Which is not to say that there aren't other things done well there-WDW is positively drowning in excellent and/or atmospheric table service, and DLR frankly could use more-but it's a distinct difference between the two coasts.

It is weird that they like to go in and "correct" attractions, among other things, in WDW to make them more like their DLR counterparts (frankly, often to the detriment of the WDW attractions and things that they touch), but food is pretty much off the table and never comes over. They did bring over a Monte Cristo sandwich to (I believe) the Toy Story restaurant they built in DHS that many thought was as good or better than the DL sandwich, only for the sandwich to vanish after a few months.

But WDW still fares far better than Paris, where quality food of any kind is hard to find. I ended up disproportionately eating at EOS out there because that's how few decent options there were at the Disney resort in a country otherwise overflowing with excellent food.

There was a vocal hatedom directed at this show back when it still existed at DCA, and I never understood why. Yeah, it's repetive as a 3D show, but I'm not sure they ever topped it-even when my beloved Captain EO enters the conversation. It never got the respect it deserved out west.

As an annual pass holder it’s nice to have decent quick service spots. They re obviously more focused on table service restaurants at WDW as it’s more of a tourist destination but I don’t see why they couldn’t have both? No one will spend the $150 on lunch for a family of 4 when you can get a great plate of fried chicken for $18?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom