The Mine Train 'temper your expectations' thread

NormC

The area was likely only used for staging because what was going to be built there went into limbo. If the Mine Ride had been part of the original plans they likely would have made other arrangement for staging so it could have been built at the same time as the other parts of FLE.
Possibly. But that would have probably caused other delays.

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
I can remember that when this expansion started, it was not planned to add capacity to the Magic Kingdom, not bring in additional visitors. I also remember reading about some of the engineering problems early on in the design of the Seven Dwarf Mine Train ride. It had to do with getting the right effect on the swing mine train cars. So this might be taking longer than what we wanted, but it seems to be meeting the original goals and time table set for the project. I for one do not think this is going to be the next E ticket, but I looking forward to riding it with the grand kids.

HokieDevil

Maybe we should all just reserve our judgement till we've actually ridden it. I think speculating on whats going to be included in the ride, the details, features is fun but speculating on whether its going to suck or being awful that might be a little to soon. To Quote the Simpsons

Lisa: Dad, you can't judge a place you've never been to.
Bart: Yeah, that's what people do in Russia.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Maybe we should all just reserve our judgement till we've actually ridden it. I think speculating on whats going to be included in the ride, the details, features is fun but speculating on whether its going to suck or being awful that might be a little to soon. To Quote the Simpsons

Lisa: Dad, you can't judge a place you've never been to.
Bart: Yeah, that's what people do in Russia.

This seems to come up every time a new attraction/land opens. Since it could be years before some people on the board get to see new things in person I don't have a problem with people expressing their opinions based on pictures and videos. Ideally these people should make it clear that they have not seen it in person.

HokieDevil

This seems to come up every time a new attraction/land opens. Since it could be years before some people on the board get to see new things in person I don't have a problem with people expressing their opinions based on pictures and videos. Ideally these people should make it clear that they have not seen it in person.

Yeah I think its important that you state open and not construction phase. This ride hasn't opened yet but so many have an opinion on the quality of the ride. If you don't like the design of what you can see in the pictures that's one thing, but having an opinion on a ride that has yet to open or to my knowledge any of these posters ridden then I'd say you should reserve those thoughts till one has experienced the ride for themselves.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Yes, nothing more "adult" then getting drunk... Don't know why, but to me, getting drunk is what I do when I want to feel like a kid again -- reminds of my less mature times.
True, but when I decide to get drunk on VERY cheap beer it reminds me of my childish less mature times.
When I get drunk on the overpriced drinks in Epcot I feel very much like an adult.

ABQ

How are coasters classified? More to the point, how is this one considered a kiddie coaster and nothing more? Barnstormer would be kiddie in my book, but without ever riding this, so purely from an objective point of view, it looks a bit more thrilling than that. No, it's not BTMRR or RnRC, but does that mean it's Barnstormer? Really?

doctornick

Those of educated, rational mind know what to expect.

Honestly, though, do we know what to expect? I've said before that my opinion and enjoyment of the ride is likely to based significantly on the quality and scope of the show scenes. I don't think it's been very well established as to what those details are. For example....

1. Is there a show scene you see in the mine entrance as you go up the first lift hill? What does it involve? Does the ride vehicle stop to see it or does it pass by quickly?
2. What is involved in the main large show scene in the mine? What are the quality of any AAs like?
3. What is involved in the second (indoor) lift hill? We've seen indications of projections on the one wall of the dwarfs walking. How will that look?
4. What is the scene inside the cottage like? How well is it seen from the vehicle?

Also, I'm curious about other details like the quality of the queue.

Yes, we know that the ride will be mild thrills and be relatively slow. We know the swaying of the mine carts is not going to be dramatic. But this is not just a sparsely themed kiddie coaster like Barnstomer -- you can look at that and get a good idea of the experience because it is just based on "thrills". Since the 7DMT has some -- hopefully good quality -- elements of "show", it's going to have a significant impact on how the ride experience is viewed.

doctornick

To follow up with my previous post, can any of the insiders comment on these comments from another thread:

Roughly the length of the Mummy ride in Universal being that they have put so much time into the interior scenes etc. if I had to guess (Again have not seen it running, but do know that they have a lot of different technological advances to slow down and speed up the mine cart for different areas.) and the interactive Que looks amazing as of now...I am excited to see how the guests enjoy it. Also if you thought Ursula in the LM ride was good, you ain't seen nothing yet.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/mine-ride-construction-update.855369/page-119#post-5932225

DisneyConstruction23

Yeah I think its important that you state open and not construction phase. This ride hasn't opened yet but so many have an opinion on the quality of the ride. If you don't like the design of what you can see in the pictures that's one thing, but having an opinion on a ride that has yet to open or to my knowledge any of these posters ridden then I'd say you should reserve those thoughts till one has experienced the ride for themselves.
I have said it once and I will say it again, the animatronics used on this ride are well worth the wait and construction time.

DisneyConstruction23

How are coasters classified? More to the point, how is this one considered a kiddie coaster and nothing more? Barnstormer would be kiddie in my book, but without ever riding this, so purely from an objective point of view, it looks a bit more thrilling than that. No, it's not BTMRR or RnRC, but does that mean it's Barnstormer? Really?
This ride is not sold strictly for the coaster itself.....in my opinion from being inside of the ride the internal aspects are what will bring me back again and again. The coaster may be timid or weak in some eyes, but this is meant to be a family ride for all to enjoy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom