The "Little Problems" Thread

jeopardyfish

Original Poster
There's been so much agita (rightly so, in my opinion) about Broken Yeti at EE, to name one, that I think we are missing in our discussion "little things" that we've noticed could use repair or touchup. I move that we all use this thread as a compilation of these things, something of a companion to threads like the EE Effects Watch, and for some discussion. I would like for there to be freedom to be picayune here. We can note when these "little problems" are corrected as well as when they arise.

What do you think should be Disney's primary focus: "big problems" like Broken Yeti or the various "little problems" around the World? I think that Disney should balance their concern between the two; that the Yeti has been the Broken Yeti for this long is unnaceptable, and if it is true that the problem has been identified but there is no plan to do anything about it soon, that is really unacceptable. I do think, though, that part of the "Disney Magic" is in the details and, especially for us obsessees, a bit (just a bit, but a bit nevertheless) of the "Disney Magic" is chipped away for us. I'd actually like to see these "little problems" taken care of quickly, because it is so much easier to fix something small than to do something large-scale like fix Broken Yeti. The return Disney gets for each of these little problems fixed is correspondingly smaller, but I think that it's what we expect from Disney for these little problems to be fixed and all details to be seen to.

First "little problem" of the thread: The first hula girl (farthest to the rider's left) in IASW's South Seas room is jamming in her hula motion.

maggiegrace1

My little problem is what color should I paint my toenails tomorrow...pale peachy pinkish..or should I go with a darker pinkish reddish color?:shrug:

This is tough!

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I'm with you Dana. My little problem right now is I can't decide if I should make myself waffles or an omelet for breakfast tomorrow. :shrug:

NiarrNDisney

My little problem is what color should I paint my toenails tomorrow...pale peachy pinkish..or should I go with a darker pinkish reddish color?:shrug:

This is tough!

I say go with a clear coat and french tip look! :lookaroun
It's Classic

I just went to 5 stores and bought salad plates in 5 different styles just to decide which looked best with my dishes and that took us 3 days to figure out.
Now I just have to go to the Japan pavillion to buy a couple more things to make it complete, Ehh so many options!
Making decisions can be very difficult.

CaptainJackNO

My problem is why the heck did my parents not move us to central florida when I was a kid. Then, I would have a hard time leaving there instead of new orleans, my real home town. I want to live in the Disney area.

KingStefan

Good OP.

The tap dancing audio effects in the cul-de-sac off main street have not worked the last few times I was there.

Also, lots of talking fountains were out of order.

Jasonflz

Here's my little problem; Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor Comedy Club. The fact anyone actually made something like that is mind boggling.

Figment632

The ballons in the land and after seeing how well all the attractions are kept in DL the person who is in charge of that in WDW should be fiered!

hpyhnt 1000

Little things?

- Brake test screens in TT.

- Crooked/broken nozzles in FoN.

- Overgrown areas of landscaping around Innoventions.

- Pyro issues with RoE.

- Noticably faded purple directional signs around property.

- Hard to read scrolling message board in ST.

- Pavement repairs that don't match the color of the surrounding pavement.

- Disneyland drink cups being used at WDW.

- Having to stop four seperate times at hold points on the Express Monorail from the MK to the TTC.

- Leaky ramp covers at TTC.

- Looking at the lovely (i.e. ugly) tar rooftops of the TTC and Epcot entrance from the monorail.

- West facing clock on the AA that has been broken for weeks.

- Dusty Soarin' projectors.

- Interior signage lights in MS that are never pointed at the right angle.

- Lackluster strobe lights on Cinderella Castle during Wishes.

- Missing steam at EE.

Thats all for now... just some little things I can think of.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Because the Alien version was way too freaking scary to be considered a Disney attraction?:shrug:
WRONG. Because parents are too $*%#ing stupid to know when to NOT let their child on a ride. AE was a GREAT attraction, ruined by people who clearly aren't cut out to be parents.

Oh, and my little problem is that the door to the third stall in the mens room behind Peter Pan's Flight is loose.

oakback

Well we have people like you to thank for Ae being gone!
I appreciate your much misguided angst, but you misunderstand me, I loved that attraction. I figured other folks (as previously mentioned) are the ones responsible.

Let me rephrase:
Because the Alien version was way too freaking scary to the regular sheeple with no common sense to be considered a wholesome Disney attraction?

EPCOT Explorer

Little problem? EPCOT Aesthetics. In reality, all they have to do is rip down the tarps, clean up the plants, and paint. What they used to consider "Maintenance".:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom