The Little Mermaid Attraction Headed to MK?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Speaking strictly from a construction standpoint it would be better to stagger the construction. No matter how well you plan you will almost always run into problems in the field. If the construction is staggered you can learn form the first one and make the second one a little faster and less expensive. However, this only really works to its fullest potential if you are not only building exact copies but using the same crews or at least the same foreman for both projects. If they are similar but not copies and are to be built by 2 completely different crews staggering the construction would be almost pointless.
well, i guess you have raised the golden question? same crew staggered timeline or different senario? i wouldnt mind reaping the benefits of the second show being built and all the kinks be worked out by the time they came to WDW. :D

MKCP 1985

Why, oh why, can't we get a clone of TDS' 20K ride in that plot?

Wrong park....all I'm sayin'.
:lookaroun

:eek:

hmm . . . where else is there water? Imagine putting submarines in the little pond behind the dinosaur ice cream stand at the Studios park.
ha.gif

. . . or the heart attacks inflicted upon "Epcot purists" if the little yellow subs started circling the lake around the World of Nations. :ROFLOL:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

hmm . . . where else is there water? Imagine putting submarines in the little pond behind the dinosaur ice cream stand at the Studios park.
ha.gif

. . . or the heart attacks inflicted upon "Epcot purists" if the little yellow subs started circling the lake around the World of Nations. :ROFLOL:
TDS's 20k is waterless so no lake is needed.

I wonder if it would be a complete catastrophe if it came to WDW?

jtwyatt

I think the idea for TLM "Eticket" ride is a great idea. It is a movie that reconized by children of many different age groups. Besides, it will be nice to see the MK get something big for the 40th celebrations....

IMO, Cloning E-ticket rides makes a lot of sense. If you have a product that sells well you want to get it to as many stores as possible to get to the customer. This same idea works with thi rides, if the have a ride that goes over really well in DLP, by duplicating that ride and putting it at WDW they have increased there customer base alot.

tirian

By who? They aren't even in the same league, IMO. Epcot's is a nice little dark ride, but the Submarine Voyage is one of the best things Disney has done since the Golden Age in the mid 90's. To me, it is like comparing Splash Mountain with Snow White's Scary Adventures :shrug:

Somebody else already answered the first part of your question, so I'll help put it in perspective. Epcot's Seas pavilion vs. DL's Sub Voyage is like comparing "actually being under the ocean with real fish" to looking out of a tiny window at plastic fish while the sub moves too fast to actually see what's going on. :p

marni1971 said:
Ironic isn`t it - the original TLM darkride was meant to be cloned from DLP and placed between Mickeys Starland and 20K.

Too bad we couldn't have both 20K AND TLM—then this abandoned corner of the MK would actually look like a theme park, not like a big, green wooden gate.

Animaniac93-98

Too bad we couldn't have both 20K AND TLM—then this abandoned corner of the MK would actually look like a theme park, not like a big, green wooden gate.

It's funny how at one point TLM was going to be 20K re themed. That would have been nice (if they had kept the subs the same in design).

But with this new attraction I'm glad MK is getting another omnimover E-Ticket attraction.

NewfieFan

TDS's 20k is waterless so no lake is needed.

I wonder if it would be a complete catastrophe if it came to WDW?

Are you saying DHS!?! (Or am I reading too much into this!)

Either way, I'm excited!!! Looking forward to a new ride (whatever it may be) and it doesn't bother me at all if it's "cloned". Little Mermaid has me excited just b/c I loved the movie as a child (and I wanted to grow up and marry Eric:lookaroun)! I like the little piece of concept art I saw as well - this could have the potential to be GOOD!!!

Elonwy

I would LOVE a Little Mermaid attraction. In between my traveling I lived with my Mom and decided that I would paint my walls with scenes from the Little Mermaid and paint Scuttle in some clouds on my ceiling.

When my Mom tried to sell the house a couple saw the room and asked how old the little girl was that lived in here and my mom replied...."she's 26" :lookaroun

nanna

I think I have figured out what you and Lee are suggesting and if I am right it would be one of the best decisions they have made in a long long time. Very encouraging!

what do you think they are suggesting then? :slurp::lol::zipit::cry:

netenyahoo

I wouldn't mind the ride to be cloned as long as the building and queue are themed differently. Also, if they can rework some of the scenes to make it a little different then that would be great.

jt04

what do you think they are suggesting then? :slurp::lol::zipit::cry:

Well they have ruled out MK and DHS for a 20K clone so perhaps you can figure it out from there. I'm trying not to read between the lines too much but it does seem obvious when you think about it :zipit:

PS I think they might only clone the ride not the theme, but who knows :confused:

EPCOT Explorer

ha.gif

*chest pains*:ROFLOL:

Well they have ruled out MK and DHS for a 20K clone so perhaps you can figure it out from there. I'm trying not to read between the lines too much but it does seem obvious when you think about it :zipit:

PS I think they might only clone the ride not the theme, but who knows :confused:

EPCOT?We do have TLS...But it would also do well in AK

Help!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom