The Little Mermaid Attraction Headed to MK?

jt04

*chest pains*:ROFLOL:

EPCOT?We do have TLS...But it would also do well in AK

Help!

I was thiking it could make a good ride in AK too if they built an "Austrailia" section. The ride could be themed to the Great Barrier Reef. I am suprised nobody has built a dark ride in the manner of 20K Tokyo but instead of the sub passing set pieces it would go from aquarium to aquarium as the dry ride vehicle passed large windows it would appear you were underwater even though you are not actually. I am suprised Sea World has not done this.

And as you said it could also go to Epcot's TLS which desperately needs an E Ticket attraction after all the Pixar overlays. So I ask you, which one seems more reasonable?

RSoxNo1

My understanding of the rumor was that Little Mermaid was always going to be going to the Magic Kingdom, but DCA wanted to have exclusivity of the ride for a little while. That would put the timetable for Little Mermaid on the old 20k plot sometime after 2012.

Is this far off?

Enigma

Account Suspended
Are you saying DHS!?! (Or am I reading too much into this!)

Either way, I'm excited!!! Looking forward to a new ride (whatever it may be) and it doesn't bother me at all if it's "cloned". Little Mermaid has me excited just b/c I loved the movie as a child (and I wanted to grow up and marry Eric:lookaroun)! I like the little piece of concept art I saw as well - this could have the potential to be GOOD!!!

If Lee is talking about what im thinking of its a new attraction for California not Florida.

Oh and in my opinion this big Little Mermiad attraction makes alot more sense theme wise in Magic Kingdom's Fantasyland than California Adventure (what the heck does little mermaid have to do with californias piers??) but regardless it should be a great attraction with REAL special effects and Audio Animatronics. It may be gearted towards girls but as a guy who grew up watching the "second renaissance" disney films i'm looking foward to it. Plus, like others have siad clonning attractions has been around since MK's inception and even during the good years of the Eisner/Wells era (Splash Mountain, Star Tours, etc. were clonned).

jt04

My understanding of the rumor was that Little Mermaid was always going to be going to the Magic Kingdom, but DCA wanted to have exclusivity of the ride for a little while. That would put the timetable for Little Mermaid on the old 20k plot sometime after 2012.

Is this far off?

It would be very ironic if WDW got the attraction first. DCA has a lot of "engineering" to do to make enough room that WDW does not have to do. So who knows? I am pretty sure though that if it is going to WDW it will be there by the 40th Anniversary celebrations.

djkidkaz

Just curious, why do you guys beat around the bush so much with your information? We all know unless your an Imagineer or the dude writing the checks, that your information is just speculation and hear-say at that point. :shrug:

Even if your a CM working in the parks, your hearing speculation from other people in the company. Just curious why all the hush hush is about?

Oh and I assume your referring to Journey to the Center of the Earth from Tokyo Disney Sea.

Enigma

Account Suspended
Oh, no.
The one I'm referring to is for Florida.
Not greenlit, but is part of the current thinking for addition to a certain park.
And by 20K I mean the TDS one, not the wet one.

oh I see. Theres a rumor about something like that coming to Disneyland's Tomorrowland.

WDW Monorail

Just curious, why do you guys beat around the bush so much with your information? We all know unless your an Imagineer or the dude writing the checks, that your information is just speculation and hear-say at that point. :shrug:

Even if your a CM working in the parks, your hearing speculation from other people in the company. Just curious why all the hush hush is about?

Oh and I assume your referring to Journey to the Center of the Earth from Tokyo Disney Sea.

No, well at least not for the MK.

djkidkaz

Yeah, I heard its for the Studios. Im assuming Disney is waiting to see how the new movie version does this summer to see if an attraction would play to both old and young audiences.

tirian

You make a good point, but I assure you that Lee and Marni are not liars (they're not CMs, either). The "hush hush" method is used for two reasons. First, it protects the source. Second, it protects Lee and Marni; WDI often has plans floating around for years before they're either greenlit or shelved. The plans often change considerably too, and presenting the rumors in vague terms helps prevent getting unnecessarily flamed on the message boards.

tirian

Yeah, I heard its for the Studios. Im assuming Disney is waiting to see how the new movie version does this summer to see if an attraction would play to both old and young audiences.

Neither the WDC nor the book have anything to do with the movie...thank goodness.

Figment571

I really think that as time goes on trans global travel is becoming more and more accessible. Disney does themselves no favors by cloning ALL their attractions to other parks, standards such as HM, SW, BTM, SM, (not necessarily SM) should be brought in but beyond that I think each park needs to diversify themselves and create unique on of a kind attractions to encourage people to come to the other parks.

jedimaster1227

We beat around the bush because there is only so much information that can be leaked at a time. At least with me, my sources request that I sit on news until certain points in time when they are ready for me to speak. It may be hear-say, but most of the stuff one of us hears can be supported by others.

oh I see. Theres a rumor about something like that coming to Disneyland's Tomorrowland.

Not likely to happen there. There just isn't enough room for Tomorrowland to have an attraction of that scale, nor would it fit in with the overall theme of the land.

Nope. The Studios won't be getting it either. The Studios has plenty else in store, none of its new attractions and/or updates being direct clones or imports. Though... We will likely be borrowing a foreign system for the Studios soon...

djkidkaz

You make a good point, but I assure you that Lee and Marni are not liars (they're not CMs, either). The "hush hush" method is used for two reasons. First, it protects the source. Second, it protects Lee and Marni; WDI often has plans floating around for years before they're either greenlit or shelved. The plans often change considerably too, and presenting the rumors in vague terms helps prevent getting unnecessarily flamed on the message boards.

Yeah, I guess its just annoying that they beat around the bush and give "hints" on the board that if I take the time to look up on Google or Wiki I can find the answer too. If your going to go as far as giving me hints with accessible answers, why not just save us all the time and just say it? :shrug: No disrespect to these guys as I appreciate their posts, but I think we all understand that their not Imagineers and only have rumors to pass along.

P.S. Im also just lazy and hate having to spend 10 minutes on searches breaking down the "riddles".

nemofinder22

Original Poster
Incase anyone is interested heres a few links to the concept art of the DCA one well the inside which dosnt really say what it will be like other than whats been said that it will be an E-ticket and a very great one at that.

http://micechat.com/forums/album.php?albumid=43&pictureid=389
http://micechat.com/forums/album.php?albumid=43&pictureid=390
http://micechat.com/forums/album.php?albumid=43&pictureid=410

the DCA facade-
http://micechat.com/forums/album.php?albumid=43&pictureid=409

It should be interesting to see how different each facade will be much like TSMM. If this does happen anyone know an opening year for MK? I think DCA's is said to open in 2011

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom