The Little Mermaid Attraction Headed to MK?

Disneykidder

Another ride...great. And although I love the Little Mermaid and there isn't a mermaid ride, there is the mini show in DHS. Why not grab something different that hasn't been used yet like Hercules or Jungle Book or the Mickey Beanstalk ride spoken of on another thread. Having a boy themed ride would be neat....maybe an all princes ride.

ssidiouss@mac.c

Im totally confused.. is this the mermaid ride from the dvd that was never built or something totally different? Is there any info on the ride itself.

MKCP 1985

clones are good.

The vast majority of people are not going to travel the globe to visit different Disney parks for the opportunity to experience unique rides and other attractions.

cloned attractions spread the good to the masses. As a member of the masses, I appreciate Soarin (for example).

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
clones are good.

The vast majority of people are not going to travel the globe to visit different Disney parks for the opportunity to experience unique rides and other attractions.

cloned attractions spread the good to the masses. As a member of the masses, I appreciate Soarin (for example).
i have never had a huge problem with them. as you said, im not traveling to DL or DCA anytime soon, nor Tokyo or Paris.

with that said, if they cloned a bunch of crap, then id be a little miff'd. Soarin and TSMM look to be winners for argument sake

bgraham34

I personally like being able to see different attractions in different parks. Its good that same rides are duplicated but its nice having the opportunity to see different rides at different parks.

Thiger

plus, if you're a huge Disney nerd like I am, you still want to visit the other parks so that you can ride the clones and look for the subtle differences that set them apart from your home version.

I concur. I'm dying to see DL's POTC as I hear its far superior to WDW. I'm cool with cloning as certain rides are ingrained to the Disney experience. A disney park wouldn't feel the same without HM, Pirates or the Castle.

While Little Mermaid isn't my favourite, I'd still love to see a new ride in MK.

krankenstein

An E-ticket TLM ride... what could it be? I am finding it hard to picture an E-ticket TLM attraction.

Look here:

http://www.laughingplace.com/News-ID10027880.asp

If you scroll down a bit the site has one piece of concept art for TLM attraction going to DCA.

Personally I love this idea. I want to go to DL (I Hopefully will one day) but cloning helps me experience rides and attractions I might never see. I am all for it. Plus, this ride is the return of the truly grand dark ride!

That said...please pass the salt.

Lee

Adventurer
This is not new, and as far as I know is not greenlit. It is, however, becoming more and more likely.

Remember a few months back when all the buzz was about the potential of Mermaid Lagoon from TDS being dropped into the 20k plot?
In reality, this is what the substance of that rumor was.
The concept for putting the Mermaid in that spot in FL has been around for a couple years. Now that the ride is greenlit for DCA, it suddenly makes financial sense to drop it into MK. Pretty much the only extra cost would be the different exterior themeing it would have.

MousDad

I would be happy to see it and enjoy the attraction I'm sure. But to me, adding TLM to 20K is more in the "that makes sense-they should have done this 10-15 years ago" mentality; whereas with EE, I was in more of the "CAN'T YOU BUILD THIS THING ANY FASTER-WE'RE DYING HERE?!!" frame of mind.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
This is not new, and as far as I know is not greenlit. It is, however, becoming more and more likely.

Remember a few months back when all the buzz was about the potential of Mermaid Lagoon from TDS being dropped into the 20k plot?
In reality, this is what the substance of that rumor was.
The concept for putting the Mermaid in that spot in FL has been around for a couple years. Now that the ride is greenlit for DCA, it suddenly makes financial sense to drop it into MK. Pretty much the only extra cost would be the different exterior themeing it would have.
so the concept "if you are building one part, might as well produce two" plays here. :D

since TSMM at both locations were on par with eachother timeline, is it possible for WDW version (assuming it gets greenlit) to come along speedily so both constructions could take place together? is that a benefit?

Hobnail Boot

Pretty much the only extra cost would be the different exterior themeing it would have.
Just a guess, but it wouldn't happen to be Prince Eric's castle would it? I have a piece of concept art for the early 90's TLM attraction and the building facade is Eric's castle.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
so the concept "if you are building one part, might as well produce two" plays here. :D

since TSMM at both locations were on par with eachother timeline, is it possible for WDW version (assuming it gets greenlit) to come along speedily so both constructions could take place together? is that a benefit?
Speaking strictly from a construction standpoint it would be better to stagger the construction. No matter how well you plan you will almost always run into problems in the field. If the construction is staggered you can learn form the first one and make the second one a little faster and less expensive. However, this only really works to its fullest potential if you are not only building exact copies but using the same crews or at least the same foreman for both projects. If they are similar but not copies and are to be built by 2 completely different crews staggering the construction would be almost pointless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom