The "Hurry up and reopen the Adventurers Club Thread" per Lee's request.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Perhaps they could save face this way by reopening the club with the reason that after 19 years the cast needed a vacation.

(Disney, if you're listening, please feel free to use this excuse!)

EpcotServo

EpcotServo

That's a typo.
Johan Hill's script is "Adventurer's Handbook".

Kinda glad, too...

Are you sure? The way they wrote it I took away that the name of the spec script started out as Club, then changed to Handbook?

Still, close enough...
:lol:

Forgotten736

Disney now seeking Comedic Actors

From DisneyAuditions.com:

Vocalists and Comedic Actors: Open Call

Disney Auditions is holding an open call audition, seeking male and female Principal Vocalists and male and female Comedic Actors for shows at the Walt Disney World® Resort near Orlando, FL.

Comedic Actors: please prepare a one minute comedic monologue.""

... Wishing upon a star! :rolleyes:

CaptainMichael

Disney Auditions is holding an open call audition, seeking male and female Principal Vocalists and male and female Comedic Actors for shows at the Walt Disney World® Resort near Orlando, FL.

Interesting:drevil:

I wonder what they're auditioning for...not much entertainment left on property...

Figment1986

It could just be for auditioning new people for streetmasphere chracters... (Of course didn't certain streetmasphere also work at certain clubs :lookaroun)

It could just be for auditioning new people for streetmasphere chracters... (Of course didn't certain streetmasphere also work at certain clubs :lookaroun)
so this begs the question, were these AC actors recognizable, established in their AC roles or a bunch of scrubs on whom no one had laid eyes prior?????

MonkeyHead

Wonder what ever happened to Dottie???

Oh, for Pete's sake people...

There was a press event. Disney Event Group (whose sole job it is to put on events like this and use these actors ALL THE TIME) saw an opportunity to re-purpose some of the characters from AdClub since they can serve the same function at AK.

They are not "continuing the story for a reason." They are re-using costumes as well as actors who are already fit to said costumes. It is cheaper than designing and fitting new costumes, especially when they'd be using many of the same actors anyway.

Yes, the Adventurers Club is still functioning for DEG private events. Yes, the are using the same actors. Will it ever reopen? No clue. Should it? Absolutely. But you're all looking way too far into this.

Further, Disney holds open auditions for comedic actors nearly every single month of the year. Many times they don't even hire anyone - it's a matter of auditioning and keeping the callback videos on file.

These "60 actors" needed is complete conjecture and rumor - if it's true, wonderful. More work for all of us, but people are really grasping at straws at this point.

wilsonhanks

Hi dude that didn't participate!!!

Oh, for Pete's sake people...

There was a press event. Disney Event Group (whose sole job it is to put on events like this and use these actors ALL THE TIME) saw an opportunity to re-purpose some of the characters from AdClub since they can serve the same function at AK.

They are not "continuing the story for a reason." They are re-using costumes as well as actors who are already fit to said costumes. It is cheaper than designing and fitting new costumes, especially when they'd be using many of the same actors anyway.

Yes, the Adventurers Club is still functioning for DEG private events. Yes, the are using the same actors. Will it ever reopen? No clue. Should it? Absolutely. But you're all looking way too far into this.

Further, Disney holds open auditions for comedic actors nearly every single month of the year. Many times they don't even hire anyone - it's a matter of auditioning and keeping the callback videos on file.

These "60 actors" needed is complete conjecture and rumor - if it's true, wonderful. More work for all of us, but people are really grasping at straws at this point.

wdwfan100

I have been away from the board for quite a while. I kind of "unplugged" for a while after my father passed. It is great to see the faithful keeping up the fight. Never loose hope and never surrender. I for one feel an urge to fire off a new batch of letters. Thanks to all who have kept the pressure on.

chaggy102

I have been away from the board for quite a while. I kind of "unplugged" for a while after my father passed. It is great to see the faithful keeping up the fight. Never loose hope and never surrender. I for one feel an urge to fire off a new batch of letters. Thanks to all who have kept the pressure on.

Let me be one of the first on the board to pass on my condolences.

factually, Disney has a history of giving us peeps just enough hope. So why begrudge it??? Sure, the reopening probably isn't realistic, but why make a weak attempt to build one's self up but belittling others and putting others hope down?? We know the reality, I assure you.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
This photo was taken last night.

Attachments

• aclubDSC04681.jpg
    aclubDSC04681.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 151

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom