The "Hurry up and reopen the Adventurers Club Thread" per Lee's request.

GrannyJill2

well since this thread is 35 pages and I don't recall typing that, how about a further hint?!?!

Here's what I said, originally...

I would be so excited to hear that the Adventurer's Club has been resurrected somewhere on the Disney property. I think it would be perfect in Animal Kingdom where there aren't as many entertainment choices.

The next entry was from you, or was it somebody pretending to be you? (theme music from Twilight Zone)

:lol::lol:

Lee

Adventurer
Sitting on the Club's front steps right now.
Windows are covered but the lights are on. A fellow adventurer stopped for a second to give the club salute.
Cold.
*sigh*

Guess I'll go watch a movie.....:cry:

EPCOT Explorer

Windows are covered but the lights are on. A fellow adventurer stopped for a second to give the club salute.
Cold.
*sigh*

:(:(:(

Reminds me of standing in front of Horizons in 1999.:dazzle::cry::cry:

Captain Hank

Cold.
*sigh*

*Browses through thread* Wait a second...I think I might have been that Adventurer. I stopped by to pay my respects on the way to the Marketplace, and briefly spoke with a fellow Adventurer wearing the shirt you pictured above. Shoot, had I known, I would have stopped to chat more.

:wave:

Here's what I said, originally...

I would be so excited to hear that the Adventurer's Club has been resurrected somewhere on the Disney property. I think it would be perfect in Animal Kingdom where there aren't as many entertainment choices.

The next entry was from you, or was it somebody pretending to be you? (theme music from Twilight Zone)

:lol::lol:
I've no recollection of any of that. Give me a page number. I reread w/i its total context and then attempt to ease your paranoia.

goofyfan13

So, I woke up pretty depressed this morning...I had a dream last night that the AC re-opened, and it turned out the only reason they closed it was for a big refurb. The thing is the dream was one of those that just feels so real while your having it, and then I woke up.... :(

Talk about a terrible way to start my day.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
So, I woke up pretty depressed this morning...I had a dream last night that the AC re-opened, and it turned out the only reason they closed it was for a big refurb. The thing is the dream was one of those that just feels so real while your having it, and then I woke up.... :(

That is going to be their way out. When they re-open the club they will say it was a refurb.

CaptainMichael

That is going to be their way out. When they re-open the club they will say it was a refurb.

They could add some of the things that were originally planned but never made it in:drevil:

Or, they could just replace all the actors with screens:fork:

71jason

Yahoo Finance has an article up this morning listing 15 companies that might not survive the year: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/15-Companies-That-Might-Not-usnews-14279875.html.

Most interesting one for purposes of this board: Landrys (owners of Rain Forest Cafe, T-Rex and Yak & Yeti, as well as quite a few off-property restaurants).

I'm torn. I have friends who work at the above, and I really don't want to see them lose thier jobs. It would be also be a not unserious blow to my hometown's economy. On the other hand, a small part of me would revel in the schadenfreude of Lansberry and the other suits scrambling as their 3rd-party outsourcing plan for DTD continues to collapse.

CaptainMichael

On the other hand, a small part of me would revel in the schadenfreude of Lansberry and the other suits scrambling as their 3rd-party outsourcing plan for DTD continues to collapse.

The more and more I think about it, Lansberry is being unfairly blamed here. I believe this decision was much bigger than him. I doubt Kevin Lansberry has much power at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom