The "Hurry up and reopen the Adventurers Club Thread" per Lee's request.

71jason

The more and more I think about it, Lansberry is being unfairly blamed here. I believe this decision was much bigger than him. I doubt Kevin Lansberry has much power at all.

Feel free to fill the name of any soulless MBA you want there (e.g. Iger). You may be right, but I've also heard KL was instrumental in blocking Disneyland from getting its own version of PI (complete with an AC West), convinced there, too, that his outsourced-to-3rd-parties strip mall approach would make more money. And no matter what his role, he's a jerk in person, so I'm not too upset if his feelings are hurt.

CaptainMichael

Feel free to fill the name of any soulless MBA you want there (e.g. Iger). You may be right, but I've also heard KL was instrumental in blocking Disneyland from getting its own version of PI (complete with an AC West), convinced there, too, that his outsourced-to-3rd-parties strip mall approach would make more money. And no matter what his role, he's a jerk in person, so I'm not too upset if his feelings are hurt.

10-4. I've just had this feeling that he was just a figure head with no real power. I had no idea he's a jerk and that he's a fanboy of the 3rd party nonsense.

chaggy102

Don't know if anybody caught South Park last night but it was the Super Adventurer Club episode...made me miss the club that much more.

chaggy102

Michael you've never really seen that episode...I have it on my Tivo with a DVD burner...email me your address and you'll have mail...or I can give it to you on the 25th when you're down here...let me know.

Thurp

I remember that a few weeks before the episode premiered there was a guy with a GIGANTIC camera taking pictures of a lot of details in the main salon. Once I saw the episode and how well they recreated the room, I wondered if he had been sent there by the South Park folks.

Dubman

what are the chances of someone paying $99 for the yakoose cup on ebay

If you look close at the picture of that one it looks very faded.. I sold one of mine on ebay that was is much nicer shape for about 1/4 the price.. I would say the chances of that one selling are very slim.. JMO

chaggy102

I'd also say zero...I paid about that much for a package that was all 5 cups, the Yakoose, and the very hard to find Monkey mug so I don't think that one will sell.

CaptainMichael

Michael you've never really seen that episode...I have it on my Tivo with a DVD burner...email me your address and you'll have mail...or I can give it to you on the 25th when you're down here...let me know.
I've really never seen it. I don't typically watch South Park. I've seen a little bit of Imaginationland, but that's it.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/episodes/

Step 1) Click Above
Step 2) Click Season Ten(Its Above The Shots Of The Episodes)
Step 3) Click Episode One(All The Way On The Left)
Step 4) Wait For Buffering
Step 5) Enjoy!!

Theres The Episode Your Talking About, Completely Legal From South Park Creators Website Themselves.
Just got finished watching it, thanks!

I have a new signature now:)

GymLeaderPhil

There were some ADVENTURERS at the Tusker House in Animal Kingdom tonight. They were there for the big media junket that someone brought up in another thread. Samantha, Hathaway, Pamelia, and apparently Fletcher on expedition in Africa. Not quite sure whom was whom as I was far away from the proceedings and Walt Disney World as well. Here's hoping Otis was reeling them in at the Theater in the Wild.

---

On another note I was fumbling around the Walt Disney World website looking at the information on Jellyrolls when I was curious about how they are pushing Downtown Disney now with it's empty (once filled with nougat I assume) center.

Aside from the fact that the website is far from perfect (the Pleasure Island FAQ it mentions below isn't even accessible) let alone past glaring inaccuracies - I did find it the wording interesting on this paragraph:
http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/destinations/downtown-disney said:
Pleasure Island As of September 28, 2008, all the nightclubs on Pleasure Island—8 Trax, The Adventurer's Club, Mannequins Dance Palace, BET Sound-Stage Club, Motion and The Comedy Warehouse—were closed. You'll be able to enjoy a brand new mix of shopping and dining experiences at Pleasure Island as it is transformed through 2010. Raglan Road, Fuego by Sosa Cigars, Curl by Sammy Duval, Orlando Harley-Davidson, and outdoor food and beverage locations remain open during the transition. For more information regarding these changes, please visit the Pleasure Island FAQ page.
Notice the phrasing "were closed" instead of the typical legalese "As of this day (that will live in infamy) the clubs at Pleasure Island are closed." Almost indicating a potential reopening or bitter author. We will never know! :lookaroun

CaptainMichael

There were some ADVENTURERS at the Tusker House in Animal Kingdom tonight. They were there for the big media junket that someone brought up in another thread. Samantha, Hathaway, Pamelia, and apparently Fletcher on expedition in Africa. Not quite sure whom was whom as I was far away from the proceedings and Walt Disney World as well. Here's hoping Otis was reeling them in at the Theater in the Wild.

If only to be in the right place at the right time...those media folks don't know how lucky they are:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom