The 'Honey your famous, where did the pretty girlies go?'..July Trip Report.

DSC02273.jpg

By now most of you know who I (or rather we) are. But I will start with the details and 411 just in case you need a little reminder.

Me: Your host. Aleisha, 32 full time administrative support worker for a government contractor in DC. Part time evening student hoping to graduate eventually. Mommy to the sweetest boy in the world (more about this later) little man. Allergic to pretty much everything, but mainly animal fat found in beef, pork and dairy.Disney lover for ions. I have a slight disability, Cerebral Palsy to the right side. This is not important, but will be important enough for a future story.

Andy: aka Anderson. 34. full time graphic designer for the Washington Caps-hints why half our pics at least one of us wears something. Love his job, but its a long season and requires a lot of time away from little man and myself. Allergic to nothing-lucky man-a phone-a-holic I don't think he would know what to do without it. Hated anything Disney until I so lovingly made him go on our honeymoon back in 06, now he can't get enough.

Logan: aka little man. 3. The absolutely greatest thing that has ever happened to me. Without a doubt. I don't know how I got so lucky with this kid..he is a mommy's boy as you will probably see throughout the report. Loves Cars, Wall E, Nemo and Monsters Inc. Has a thing for Ariel and the little mermaid. Jake and The Neverland Pirates has become his best friend. Has had the fortunate luck to inherit my dairy allergy, though thus far that is it.

The 411:

When: July 19-28th
Where: Boardwalk Villas
The plan: 8 day park hopper, dinning plan.

We tend to switch it up from time to time, some years we do dinning plan and park hoppers, others we do table of wonderland and annual passes...and while I am sure you all wanted to hear this, I know what you really came for was my report...

cfry06

Great report so far!! I'm really looking forward to the rest. We're staying at BWV for the first time this December and I'm so excited!! Also love seeing Logan's excitement - its like looking into the future as our our little guy is aboout 1.5 yrs behind. Can't wait to read more about your adorable family's adventure!!

tiaragirl

Woo, looking forward to this Aleisha! And can I also say, you have two good boys names in your life. Anderson and Logan. Big fan. (I'm sure they'll be pleased to hear that I approve of their names).

Come back and write more, and post pictures of your room!

LuLaSue

Aleisha you have a BEAUTIFUL family! Your little guy is darling. I am looking foward to your trip report, knowing you loved the Boardwalk is getting me excitied for our stay in a few weeks!

foreverbelle

Original Poster

foreverbelle

Original Poster
Great trip report so far. Cant wait to read the rest. Your son is adorable!

TY! The rest should be coming shortly..
Loving your TR! What a beautiful family!!!! Can't wait til your next update :)

Thank you for the lovely comment
Looking forward to more of your TR. I would love to stay at Boardwalk sometime.

I highly recommend BW! Hoping you get there.
Yeah glad to see you've started your TR. I was just thinking about you the other day! Can't wait for the updates!

Ah love to know I was thought about. Well hang in there.
SO EXCITED to see this TR!! We are headed to BWV's in late September and I am so anxious about the room. We rented DVC points and have a 1 bedroom studio too....but, we have four of us in the room. Two boys (ages 11 and 13) and my husband and me. I am hoping the room isn't too small . My 11 year old sleeps on the floor every night at home (no idea why as he has his own bedroom) so I figure if the couch bed is too small, he can bunk on the floor!

Can't wait to read more and see pics of the room and resort! Your family is just adorable and I remember how precious your son is from past TR's!

I have some pics of the room. I will try and get post them for you! We actually found it spacious enough, Logan slept out in the main area, which he thought was way cool!! There were nights when all three of us were out there in the pull out watching a movie before bedtime and we totally found it not only big enough but comfy enough as well...again I will try and post some pics for you. I have tons!

And thank you. Yes he is adorable. And at times he knows it.

foreverbelle

Original Poster
Yay Aleisha! So glad to see this report! I was wondering the other day if we were going to see a summer report. Yay!!! :D Love Logan's face as you're entering the property. He just looks soooooo happy. Growing up so much- can't wait to read more! :)

But of course, just taking me a bit longer to do things, with an active three year old, and getting back into the whole swing at work. He sure is growing up way to fast. Hard to believe.
Yay, excited for your TR! Your son is absolutely adorable. I realllllly want to stay at Boardwalk, so I'm looking forward to hearing more about it (and seeing lots of pics)!

Thank you. I think you should absolutely stay at the BW! Again I highly recommend it.

Oh Aleisha! Lookit how big your little stinker is getting!!! I can't wait for more!

Stinker!! This cracked me up...his response would totally be...I am not a stinker. I am a Logan!

Aleisha!! So excited you started this!! I've been (un)patiently waiting!!! :D

I'll try to overlook the Caps gear you guys sport in the pictures... yuck!! haha. Can you tell I'm still bitter from this past years playoffs?!?

Logan is so stinkin cute! Glad to see you guys made it there without any trouble. Can't wait to read all about it!!!!

Yes I know you may be bitter about playoffs, I sorry. Seeing that the Bruins are my second team, it was not an easy series for me to watch myself I have to admit. But as long as we are hockey fans, then I will take that...lol. It could be worse. Looking forward to sharing more with you guys.

Woo, looking forward to this Aleisha! And can I also say, you have two good boys names in your life. Anderson and Logan. Big fan. (I'm sure they'll be pleased to hear that I approve of their names).

Come back and write more, and post pictures of your room!

Yes they will be thrilled to know that you approve! LOL. Thank you for reading. I will dif be writing more, look for it probably this evening.

Aleisha you have a BEAUTIFUL family! Your little guy is darling. I am looking foward to your trip report, knowing you loved the Boardwalk is getting me excitied for our stay in a few weeks!

Thank you. I did love Boardwalk so much...I didn't think I would say that, but it is sooo true....I hope you love it just as much..

fractal

Can't wait to hear more. I've always been tempted to stay at the Boardwalk. Love the picture of Logan's expression!

Rach&Eric

Oooh, I can't wait to read the rest of your TR. Your son is soooo cute. Our next trip is only in October 2013 :(. And since I recently gave birth to my own son (Alexandre aka Lex) 7 weeks ago, I have some work to do before then to get back into shape.

ExtinctJenn

Ready and waiting for more! Your kiddo reminds me SO much of mine at that age and the trip we took when he was 3 was a fantastic one! :)

foreverbelle

Original Poster
Before I continue, I figured I would post some pics from our room for those of you who asked
DSC02115.jpg

This was the living room/'Logan's room. He pretty much thought the 'Transformers' bed-as he called it.- was the greatest thing about the place. The stroller fit nicely into the little walkway that you don't see, or our closet in the bedroom.

DSC02117.jpg

And this was our bedroom....plenty of places to store things I must say....

foreverbelle

Original Poster
Apparently I still have yet to master this whole scaling down photos so please excuse the large photos for the moment...

Day Two: Friday July 20, 2012

Its kind of amazing what happens when you don't have to work. Or commute two hours. You actually don't see 4:30 in the morning. It was lovely sleeping in this morning. And apparently I wasn't the only one who would agree with this statement as I found myself having to drag Logan out of bed. He got all excited as we folded up the transformers bed back to its couch and exclaimed. 'Wow mommy, you really are Superwoman aren't you? Why yes dear. Yes I am.

Choosing to save our snack credit we had breakfast in the room, quickly got dressed and decided the perfect way to start our first full day was at The Magic Kingdom.

DSC02158-1.jpg

While Logan had certain goals in mind, Anderson and I had our own. The main being to at least get him on more than two rides this year. Anyone who may remember last years remember may recall we rode La Fiesta....in Mexico and Its a Small World about a thousand times. This year we were hoping to at least get him to expand his ride experiences. And in the beginning this didn't look like it was going to be too hard. Thanks in part to some cousins who had just been over there in the spring, his mind was on one ride, and one ride only. BUZZ!! We in fact heard about the ride all the way down in the car. So what else should we start? It was off to Buzz...and we got a surprise when the line was 20 minutes long! Double score for a toddler that is for sure. Logan chose his mommy to take along in the car, and so Anderson climbed in alone. It was on. Daddy against lil man and mommy...pretty sure you can guess who won...but Anderson was a good sport about his lose...lol...

Ok so maybe that should be the other way around. But hey we weren't going to tell Logan this now are we?

But we couldn't escape last years favorite, and so we found ourselves heading to Small World, which to no surprise he still loved-Anderson was hoping he had somehow decided otherwise.-before taking advantage of the snack credit and shared some popcorn.As Logan enjoyed some yummy goodness, something caught his eye...all of sudden, Push comes scooting by...curious to what was going on he decided to follow, but only if mommy came along. And so little man and mommy went on a mission to follow Push...

DSC02138.jpg

And wouldn't you know he spotted us, and we soon found ourselves in full conversation mode. I think they had a nice little chat about Angry Birds...

We would spend the rest of the trip looking for Push, though we never again found him...After the convo, Andy and I debated on our next move. Besides all the recent movies, Logan has recently found a love of Donald Duck, ok maybe not recently since he did after all love Mexico because he was in it. So we thought he may enjoy Philharmagic. Andy was a little unsure, not quite sure if he would even sit through it. But two seconds after the lights dimmed and it started, Logan just let out this little giggle that echoed throughout the theater. I know for sure it made me tear up, and I am pretty sure Andy felt the same. Its these little moments that you just want to bottle up, and you can't. No matter how much you try. Its also these little moments that you know you did the right thing....

DSC02153.jpg

Lunch was spent outside Cosmic Rays, which is nothing special but for some reason we always find it as our go to spots to people watch.While we did so we were figuring out where to go from here....Anderson had two ideas. 1. Pirates. or 2. Go Karts. And while daddy wanted to do Pirates, little man was still a little unsure of the whole scary pirate thing and since he ranks above daddy in decision making-at least in these terms-he decisively said go karts...

But would those Go Karts actually go?? Or would a kid have a change in mind?

foreverbelle

Original Poster
Day Two continues...

I would like to share one of the sweetest moments-one of many-with you....

DSC02124.jpg

Perhaps I haven't mentioned this but I love my son, and he truly is like no other kid. He is a son of a mom with a disability. As minor as it is, from the beginning he seems to have had this understanding of it. And he is in no means afraid of it. So on with my story. There we were heading to the Go-Karts. I have never done them in my life, most of the times because I have never been able to drive them with the lack of use of my right hand. This was alright by Andy as he decided it would be really cool to do as just a Logan and daddy sort of thing. After all the kid is pretty much a mommy's son so the quality time he would not mind. As we approached the cars, Logan has yet to realize I will not be going with them, as he climbs out of his stroller he grabs my hand-ironically the right as he has no problem holding 'mommys bad hand' I hand him over to Anderson and tell them to have fun. And then it hit him, I wasn't going. 'Your not going mommy?' I replied no. 'Because you can't?' Yes sweetie, but go have fun. 'Oh, well thats ok. If you can't go on it, I don't want to go on it. Its not fair. If you don't neither do I.' And just like that it made me hug him. This little boy, my son who is 3 is doing something that most people don't even think about, don't even hesitate to do. I am so used to sitting out on things, or rearranging things and my son is already taking a stand. I absolutely love this little boy more as the days go by...

OK sweet moment over, we never did do the go-karts, he was insistent throughout no matter how much I told him I minded...

We did try to make our way to Pirates, to at least walk him over. We had made the decision back before the trip that we aren't going to push him on rides he wasn't going to want to try. Which meant that while we were hoping he would want to, when we got up there and he began to say no, we were ok with it. Really. It was day two, and he was only 3. Despite the fact he at times he acts otherwise. And so we skipped it for the day, hitting Peter Pan up instead. The line as usual was long, but fastpasses were only a half hour later so Logan napped, as we rested and before we knew it, it was time for our flight-and Logan's first time on Peter Pan. While he loved it, he wasn't so sure about the volcano-but the fact the Little Mermaid-appeared guaranteed another trip on the flight would be in our future.

But with our flight done, time had escaped us and we knew our ADRs for Whispering Canyon would be here before we knew it. Dinner was nothing special, we really weren't expecting it to be, as this is the sort of restaurant that we go for the fun. With our allergies, Logan and I had the chef come out and he got some special treats, while I got trout Andy got some kind of ribs I believe??? Halfway through dinner Logan crashed, which becomes a common theme during trips....

But of course he woke up on the bus ride back from Magic Kingdom-we had hopped the boat back to-and he proved to me just how much I will have my hands full in ten years as we boarded, he gravitated to a cute little blonde in a Cinderella dress, apparently she was smitten with him as well as the two chatted it up for the entire ride....

'Mommy she is pretty.I like pretty girls..' was the last thing he said before he crashed for the night....Yes I will indeed have my hands full...

Tomorrow was another day...

Blueskyze

You've already had me tearing up this morning...what an amazing little guy! Love the pic of you guys w/ Push. Can't wait to hear about the rest of your adventures!

sweetpee_1993

Awww...what a perfect little gentleman! Isn't incredible being the Princess Mommy??? I love that my boys look out for me and want to take care of me. It's the best feeling ever. I totally get it. Oooh...and a little ladies man, to boot? Sweet!

PolynesianPrincess

OK, your stories about Logan had me tearing up! What a sweet little boy. You're so lucky to have such a kind hearted little man there! And awesome that you got him on something other than IASW!! lol

LindsayLoves

Sounds like you've got a great little guy on your hands there. I loved the comment about the pretty girls, its amazing how children have no inhibitions and will make best friends with someone over the course of a boat ride. Love the report so far!

DisneyFan1003

Always enjoy reading your reports! Logan is a bit older than our little one, so it's like a preview of things to come! We'll be back in October just before she turns three, so fingers are crossed that she'll be a bit more adventurous - plus we're also there for 10 days, so curious to see how Logan did with the long trip. We stayed at BWV in December and fell in love with the resort - glad you enjoyed it! I'm curious to hear your take on the Dining Plan as a DVC member. We've gone back and forth on whether or not it's worth it while staying on points. Thinking about it for this upcoming trip, so I'd love your feedback!

Great report so far...looking forward to the rest!

mamamouse

Holy little heartmelter and omg I just soaked the keyboard(crying much ? yep I'm done like dinner),what a sweetheart

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom