The 'Honey your famous, where did the pretty girlies go?'..July Trip Report.

DSC02273.jpg

By now most of you know who I (or rather we) are. But I will start with the details and 411 just in case you need a little reminder.

Me: Your host. Aleisha, 32 full time administrative support worker for a government contractor in DC. Part time evening student hoping to graduate eventually. Mommy to the sweetest boy in the world (more about this later) little man. Allergic to pretty much everything, but mainly animal fat found in beef, pork and dairy.Disney lover for ions. I have a slight disability, Cerebral Palsy to the right side. This is not important, but will be important enough for a future story.

Andy: aka Anderson. 34. full time graphic designer for the Washington Caps-hints why half our pics at least one of us wears something. Love his job, but its a long season and requires a lot of time away from little man and myself. Allergic to nothing-lucky man-a phone-a-holic I don't think he would know what to do without it. Hated anything Disney until I so lovingly made him go on our honeymoon back in 06, now he can't get enough.

Logan: aka little man. 3. The absolutely greatest thing that has ever happened to me. Without a doubt. I don't know how I got so lucky with this kid..he is a mommy's boy as you will probably see throughout the report. Loves Cars, Wall E, Nemo and Monsters Inc. Has a thing for Ariel and the little mermaid. Jake and The Neverland Pirates has become his best friend. Has had the fortunate luck to inherit my dairy allergy, though thus far that is it.

The 411:

When: July 19-28th
Where: Boardwalk Villas
The plan: 8 day park hopper, dinning plan.

We tend to switch it up from time to time, some years we do dinning plan and park hoppers, others we do table of wonderland and annual passes...and while I am sure you all wanted to hear this, I know what you really came for was my report...

foreverbelle

Original Poster
Day One: July 19, 2012.

Technically this trip started the day before, as soon as I was out the door at work we hit the road. Logan had been at my sisters for a week and we picked him up on our way down. After last years fiasco flying we figured we may as well give driving a try. Not only that but driving meant we had to take a little extra time off work, bonus!!

After a night in Florence SC we hit the road early, the drive for the most part was uneventful as to be expected. The plan was for us to hit the Florida border for a picnic, but just as we crossed, the skies-which had been brilliantly blue up till then-decided to open up and that picnic we planned on was suddenly and indoor in the back of the car picnic.Then it was back on the road. Logan for a 3 year old did fairly well though I could he was more than ready to get out. I can't blame the kid, after all we had been in the car for just about 7 hours...I think we all were a little over the whole car thing. The last leg of the car ride always seems to be the hardest but finally we made our way on to Highway 4 and saw the sign everyone looks so forward to seeing...

DSC02106.jpg

This was the reaction to pulling into property:

DSC02107.jpg

The Boardwalk had always been one of those resorts that always seemed to be so untouchable. But somehow we were able to book a one bedroom villa on our DVC points and the untouchable, was finally touchable. We rolled in, unloaded and were thrilled to find our room was ready. And what can I say, it was a beautiful room. Gorgeous in every way, and the view, overlooking the boardwalk was just something amazing. I will not lie and say this resort met or exceeded every expectation and quickly became one of my all time favorites.

DSC02113.jpg

After unpacking we went to grab our mugs, and sat outside on the boardwalk for just a moment as we celebrated the fact we were actually here...We had made it after all those months of planning...We had made the decision before the trip to not push ourselves and head to the parks right away. With a ten day trip there really was no need anyway. However we had made dinner reservations across the pond at Captains Grille that night, and so we made our way through Boardwalk, exploring everything it offered before moseying over to dinner. We had never had the pleasure of eating there. Andy had the prime rib-which he said was good but nothing he couldn't get anywhere else. I had typical chicken-actually really good. And Logan had chicken nuggets. And despite not being 'hungry' He ate the entire thing.

We took our time heading back to our room, stopping to do our first souvenir shopping before coming in and calling it a night. Tomorrow was our first full day...

GeekDad

Yay! another trip report to help me through my last two months before my trip! Looking forward to reading more!

tink65

Yeah glad to see you've started your TR. I was just thinking about you the other day! Can't wait for the updates!

minnielaw

SO EXCITED to see this TR!! We are headed to BWV's in late September and I am so anxious about the room. We rented DVC points and have a 1 bedroom studio too....but, we have four of us in the room. Two boys (ages 11 and 13) and my husband and me. I am hoping the room isn't too small . My 11 year old sleeps on the floor every night at home (no idea why as he has his own bedroom) so I figure if the couch bed is too small, he can bunk on the floor!

Can't wait to read more and see pics of the room and resort! Your family is just adorable and I remember how precious your son is from past TR's!

HouCuseChickie

Yay Aleisha! So glad to see this report! I was wondering the other day if we were going to see a summer report. Yay!!! :D Love Logan's face as you're entering the property. He just looks soooooo happy. Growing up so much- can't wait to read more! :)

Blueskyze

Yay, excited for your TR! Your son is absolutely adorable. I realllllly want to stay at Boardwalk, so I'm looking forward to hearing more about it (and seeing lots of pics)!

PolynesianPrincess

Aleisha!! So excited you started this!! I've been (un)patiently waiting!!! :D

I'll try to overlook the Caps gear you guys sport in the pictures... yuck!! haha. Can you tell I'm still bitter from this past years playoffs?!?

Logan is so stinkin cute! Glad to see you guys made it there without any trouble. Can't wait to read all about it!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom