The happiest SMOKEbration on earth !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nut4Disney

DisneyFreak529 said:
You know what also bothers me is, when people smoke in front of there children. It's ok if you want to give your self lung cancer but at least have the heart not to smoke in front of your children or loved ones.

I didn't know Disney smoked?? Learn something new every day!!

How about the people who smoke in their cars with the windows rolled up while their kids are in the back seat. IMO, these people should be arrested for child endangerment.

SKYWAY 4 ME

Original Poster
Nut4Disney said:
How about the people who smoke in their cars with the windows rolled up while their kids are in the back seat. IMO, these people should be arrested for child endangerment.

I wish I could remember how many times I have been to WDW ? 1XX ?

Nut4Disney

SKYWAY 4 ME said:
I wish I could remember how many times I have been to WDW ? 1XX ?

Congratulations, you've been over 100 times. What does that have to do with my quote that you highlighted?

SKYWAY 4 ME

Original Poster
It was a comp error , I highlighted your 22trips and counting , but instead it posted a different quote. Im far from perfect :hammer:

SKYWAY 4 ME

Original Poster
Nut4dis, Are you holding off from any visits till after the Baby arrives or you gonna get another trip in before. ;)

John

Mission: SPACE

My policy on asking people to put out there cigarettes:

If the smoker is in a large crowd, I ask them to put it out for the safety of those around them.
If the smoker is around others, even though it's not a large crowd, and if it looks like it's affecting the other guests, I ask them to put it out.

The only time I'm really concerned about it is when the person can affect others. If the person is standing over in a corner where no one else is around him (other than those with him) I'm not too concerned. My concern comes in when I see an issue of others being burned.

I'm a fellow smoker, and I understand that sometimes you have a craving. But don't let it affect others around you.

Nut4Disney

We just got back from POR a couple of weeks ago, we have AP's that expire in Nov, that we will probably renew. We talked about a Thanksgiving trip, but we are not sure about taking a 6 week old, plus my wife is having a planned C-section, so I'm not sure how long that takes to recover. If not we will definitely go in Jan.

SKYWAY 4 ME

Original Poster
Nut4Disney said:
We just got back from POR a couple of weeks ago, we have AP's that expire in Nov, that we will probably renew. We talked about a Thanksgiving trip, but we are not sure about taking a 6 week old, plus my wife is having a planned C-section, so I'm not sure how long that takes to recover. If not we will definitely go in Jan.

Wow, yeah I think the hard part may be for your wife . We went when my son was 6 weeks as well . It was hot for him , but was great .

My AP's expire in Nov as well. :(

Raven66

There was a young man who came out of soarin' and lit up right away. Now I didn't say anything because I completely stereotyped him. He looked like a hood and frankly he scared me. Now don't jump on me because my own brother looks like a large hood. People have been known to walk across the street when they see him coming. I don't mind smoking, my mom does and I would like to point out, she does it in the areas that are made for smokers. She never does it anywhere else.

But if you want to ban that, I think they should have a dress code. I find pants on guys that are worn half way down their butts and girls who wear dental floss and band-aids as clothes to be offensive. I don't think I should have to look at half naked people in a FAMILY place.

Nut4Disney

Now that I think about it, I guess it would probably be pretty easy taking a 6 week old, as all she would do is sleep most of the time. We'll see I guess. Our first child was 11 months when we took him, so it was a little different.

DisneyChik17

Raven66 said:
But if you want to ban that, I think they should have a dress code. I find pants on guys that are worn half way down their butts and girls who wear dental floss and band-aids as clothes to be offensive. I don't think I should have to look at half naked people in a FAMILY place.

Disney does have a dress code and I have seen it enforced at the gate to every park. It maybe rude to have half naked people walking around, but last time I checked it has yet to kill anyone. I also find it disgusting, but that's another thread.

Discmen

What is amazing to me is that when I was at WDW in 2001, there were seemingly almost no places where smoking was allowed. When I returned this June, there were plenty of places for smokers to kill themselves, yet they still ignored the rules. As a very occasional smoker, I was a little miffed back in 2001, though I did as I was told, which included the only smoking area in the world showcase being by the dumpsters near America. On the other hand, given the extent to which Disney has gone out of its way to accomodate smokers, those who wish to smoke should do so only in designated areas.
As a New Yorker, I have no problem with the banning of smoking in public places, since it has really worked well here.

Raven66

DisneyChik17 said:
Disney does have a dress code and I have seen it enforced at the gate to every park. It maybe rude to have half naked people walking around, but last time I checked it has yet to kill anyone. I also find it disgusting, but that's another thread.

Well it could cause a few deaths if husbands are caught looking. :D

How come no one in any of the over 500,000 threads about this topic actually thanks the smokers who go to the designated areas? Everyone is always so negative about smokers, but for the gazillion smokers who visit the parks every year, most go the designated areas.

I don't smoke, but for the people who do and go off in their little corner to do so and follow the rules, thanks.

kiawahman

Account Suspended
No one is going to go to the desginated smoking areas to say thanks job well done. The issue here deals with the people who aren't going to the smoking areas.

SKYWAY 4 ME

Original Poster
DisneyDream2004 said:
How come no one in any of the over 500,000 threads about this topic actually thanks the smokers who go to the designated areas? Everyone is always so negative about smokers, but for the gazillion smokers who visit the parks every year, most go the designated areas.

I don't smoke, but for the people who do and go off in their little corner to do so and follow the rules, thanks.

I did thank them for being respectfull !!go back and look :wave:

MSTINKHERBELL01

Raven66 said:
I don't think I should have to look at half naked people in a FAMILY place.

Im all for freedom of expression (I have several facial piercings) and i'm a mommy as well. I agree with the "half naked" people walking around WDW. I visit 2x a month and on my last trip my partner and I brought our son (he prefers IOA over DISNEY:( silly child) Anyhow, we saw this lady walking around with booty shorts...literally her whole butt was hanging out...you could actually see her behind cheeks.:hurl: I couldnt beleive it!!! My son looked at her and said "mommy why is the lady naked" I was sooooo upset! Now i am a very open-minded person on alot of things but in WDW half-naked isnt right...maybe some people feel the same way about my peircings....they have that right as well. I'd just prefer not to see someones butt in that type of setting.

slappy magoo

DisneyDream2004 said:

Why on Earth should we thank people for doing the things they're SUPPOSED to do? Does anyone thank me for not hitting them with my car when I drive? For not breaking into their houses and painting pictures on their faces while they sleep? Since when do we as a nation need to have constant reinforcement for doing what's expected of us?

I'm all for pointing out the positives when someone does something REALLY positive, but otherwise, you're following the rules, big whoop. "Hey, cowboy, way to get cancer in a designated area." How's that?

Some people think that good behaviour must always be rewarded. Well, sometimes the "reward" is that the world goes on as it has been. Learn to appreciate that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom