The Grizz Will Roar!!

WDWScottieBoy

RaoulXpres said:
My opinion probobly doesn't mean much to anyone, and thats fine with me, but I get so irked when I hear people complain with no end about what they don't like.

Your opinion means just as much as anyone else's. You're right, there is a lot of complaining on here, some if it unnecessary, some of it is right and has some meaning behind it. This thread for example, we're trying to preserve the one ride that Walt wanted to keep.

With that said, let me welcome you to the boards! :wave:

RaoulXpres

Thanks for the welcome, and let me clarify.

I never meant to portray my opinion just towards this one thread, so don't take it personally, it was an overall view.

And yes, I do agree you should fight for what you beleive in, don't get me wrong. My opinion was really about most other topics, I just found this one to be appropriate to post in.

I believe with the majority that COP shoudl stick around. Then again, when I go to WDW, it is probobly one of the attractions that I woulcn't mind not seeing, as I know a lot of guests feel the same way. Keeping it open I think would actually be a loss for Disney.

I'm not sure how you can compromise that, I'm no businessman, but who knows.

(BTW, I love the wand at Epcot, I loved the cake castle, and if I was many years younger, I'd probobly LOVE Dino-rama :p )

General Grizz

Original Poster
RaoulXpres said:
Thanks for the welcome, and let me clarify.

I never meant to portray my opinion just towards this one thread, so don't take it personally, it was an overall view.

And yes, I do agree you should fight for what you beleive in, don't get me wrong. My opinion was really about most other topics, I just found this one to be appropriate to post in.

I believe with the majority that COP shoudl stick around. Then again, when I go to WDW, it is probobly one of the attractions that I woulcn't mind not seeing, as I know a lot of guests feel the same way. Keeping it open I think would actually be a loss for Disney.

I'm not sure how you can compromise that, I'm no businessman, but who knows.

(BTW, I love the wand at Epcot, I loved the cake castle, and if I was many years younger, I'd probobly LOVE Dino-rama :p )
No worries. So far the wand and castle cake haven't been mentioned. :p

The case for CoP has been explained in this thread, and we're fighting to save it. This shouldn't affect you and your choices to read whichever thread, because you seem indifferent about it, but most of us here are very passionate. Can you disagree and post about it? Sure! That's the point of a message board, so long as we aren't rude (and call other posters "puppets" :rolleyes: )

But if you are against the "roaring," there are great niches to discuss everything else. . . and I'll see ya there! :wave:

disnyfan89

General Grizz said:
No worries. So far the wand and castle cake haven't been mentioned. :p

The case for CoP has been explained in this thread, and we're fighting to save it. This shouldn't affect you and your choices to read whichever thread, because you seem indifferent about it, but most of us here are very passionate. Can you disagree and post about it? Sure! That's the point of a message board, so long as we aren't rude (and call other posters "puppets" :rolleyes: )

But if you are against the "roaring," there are great niches to discuss everything else. . . and I'll see ya there! :wave:
If this is just about saving COP then why do you talk about Imagination or The Tiki room. The point is if this thread is about COP then you should stick just to COP and how to save it and make it more popular. I love COP put if there is no way to make it more popular I feel it is time for it to go. The last thing I want is for COP to rot where it stands.

And I would like to apologize for calling everyone puppets when they are clearly expressing there own thoughts and feelings.

Scooter

Main Entry: pup·pet
Pronunciation: 'p&-p&t
Function: noun
Usage: often attributive
Etymology: Middle English popet, from Middle French poupette, diminutive of (assumed) poupe doll, from Latin pupa
Date: 1538
1 a : a small-scale figure (as of a person or animal) usually with a cloth body and hollow head that fits over and is moved by the hand b : MARIONETTE
2 : DOLL 1
3 : one whose acts are controlled by an outside force or influence
- pup·pet·like /-"lIk/ adjective

I think Grizz was refering to MY statement

Grizz...I think it's rude to try and sway people in your direction simply because you don't like Disney's Management's style.
You know as well as I do that Refering to those that jumped on your bandwagon as Grizz puppets was not a jab at any individual. It was just my way of getting people to think for themselves and not be controlled by an outside force. Your twisting the phrase around trying to make me the bad guy on this thread is what is rude and uncalled for.
I, unlike yourself, am asking no one to follow my path or believe what I believe or jump on any bandwagon with me. I am just here to express my opinions as YOU should be. Isn't that what These boards are supposed to be all about?

If anyone was offended by anything I say in my posts, including the term "Grizz Puppets" I apologize. That was never my intention. By making that statement I was merely trying to get you all to open up and express your OWN opinions, not just mimic the opinions of any one indivdual.

Now lets move on and either discuss this in a civil manner or end this thread now.

Shaman

Scooter said:
Main Entry: pup·pet
Pronunciation: 'p&-p&t
Function: noun
Usage: often attributive
Etymology: Middle English popet, from Middle French poupette, diminutive of (assumed) poupe doll, from Latin pupa
Date: 1538
1 a : a small-scale figure (as of a person or animal) usually with a cloth body and hollow head that fits over and is moved by the hand b : MARIONETTE
2 : DOLL 1
3 : one whose acts are controlled by an outside force or influence
- pup·pet·like /-"lIk/ adjective

I think Grizz was refering to MY statement

Grizz...I think it's rude to try and sway people in your direction simply because you don't like Disney's Management's style.
You know as well as I do that Refering to those that jumped on your bandwagon as Grizz puppets was not a jab at any individual. It was just my way of getting people to think for themselves and not be controlled by an outside force. Your twisting the phrase around trying to make me the bad guy on this thread is what is rude and uncalled for.
I, unlike yourself, am asking no one to follow my path or believe what I believe or jump on any bandwagon with me. I am just here to express my opinions as YOU should be. Isn't that what These boards are supposed to be all about?

If anyone was offended by anything I say in my posts, including the term "Grizz Puppets" I apologize. That was never my intention. By making that statement I was merely trying to get you all to open up and express your OWN opinions, not just mimic the opinions of any one indivdual.

Now lets move on and either discuss this in a civil manner or end this thread now.
With all due respect, it really doesn't matter what your reasoning for calling people puppets is/was...the fact is, it was a negative connotation.

I think you will find that those who agree with Grizz (myself included) don't have the same ways of thinking when it comes to everything Disney...We all however, agree that management needs to go...if you don't believe me run a search...our overall philosophies differ...what has brought us together is our disdain for management and its lack of vision...

Just because people don't agree with you, doesn't make them puppets of the other side...in fact, by calling people 'puppets' you are commiting the same offense you are condemning Grizz for...you said it yourself:

"You know as well as I do that Refering to those that jumped on your bandwagon as Grizz puppets was not a jab at any individual. It was just my way of getting people to think for themselves and not be controlled by an outside force."

Getting people to think? Thats what Grizz was doing....

brisem

Scooter said:

Scooter--I think what you;re seeing is not Grizz "swaying" people, but people rallying behind what Grizz is saying.

If you read the previous threads about Einser, you'll see I supported him--both in these thread and voting for him with my shares. In this manner, I can't support mgt.

It's wrong to take away a companies history for what is considered progress. Companies with the history that Disney has embraces their past. If you go the Ford Motors in Michigan, you see the history of Ford and all their cars.

I take my kids to Disney to see the classic rides, so they can learn about the attractions of old and how technology has progressed in the last 40 years. If Mgt belief is to let the classics go, then yes mgt has to go. Mgt has to remember one thing--Their sole job is to keep Walt's Legacy alive. Because it's Walt Legacy that got them this job.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Lead ON

General Grizz said:
No, Test Track, only the additions/changes that degrade the Disney name concern us. (Read first post and subsequent in the world view I just mentioned.) Sit tight, TestTrack. :)

Scott - I will try to get SaveDisney involved. But for right now, that's not the first goal. :)

I await your orders Sir General. I have enjoyed, or more correctly, felt very close to your comments and observations over the past few months with CoP, Land and now this issue.

I would however not rule out trying to tie in SaveDisney and even JimHillMedia...as well as some others to unify approach and maximize impact.

On a separate thought, for those folks that have replied to your thread asking what to do now... At very least, leave your comments or even a printout of your favorite thread comments at guest relations. That is doing something. And Disney has stated in various forums that the reintroduction of Figment was largely do to in person complaints.

disnyfan89

brisem said:
Scooter--I think what you;re seeing is not Grizz "swaying" people, but people rallying behind what Grizz is saying.

If you read the previous threads about Einser, you'll see I supported him--both in these thread and voting for him with my shares. In this manner, I can't support mgt.

It's wrong to take away a companies history for what is considered progress. Companies with the history that Disney has embraces their past. If you go the Ford Motors in Michigan, you see the history of Ford and all their cars.

I take my kids to Disney to see the classic rides, so they can learn about the attractions of old and how technology has progressed in the last 40 years. If Mgt belief is to let the classics go, then yes mgt has to go. Mgt has to remember one thing--Their sole job is to keep Walt's Legacy alive. Because it's Walt Legacy that got them this job.
If a classic is starting to draw less and less visitors then it would make sense to close it rather than to keep it open and ruin all that Walt built. Walt hated getting rid of attractions in his park but he knew it was more important to keep the guest happy then to disappoint them. That is what made Walt a legacy! If COP and SSE have to go then all I have to say is "That's progress for you!"

General Grizz

Original Poster
dsneyfan89 said:
If this is just about saving COP then why do you talk about Imagination or The Tiki room. The point is if this thread is about COP then you should stick just to COP and how to save it and make it more popular.

That’s not the point of this thread. The thread focuses on general problems of Walt Disney World, INCLUDING CoP, Tiki Room, Imagination, etc.

Scooter said:
Your twisting the phrase around trying to make me the bad guy on this thread is what is rude and uncalled for.

Scooter, there were MANY heart-felt responses by people who posted here. . . and it is insulting to call the creators of these ideas “puppets” whether you believe in those ideas or not.

Again, start your own thread with your ideas. If people flock to you, well, what’s the problem with that?

I have debated with you about your opinions, but I have never called anyone any names, you or anyone who agreed with you.

This is absolutely no reason to close a thread. Leave it if you have problems.

dsneyfan90 said:
If the current mgmt. is doing a bad job then how come stockholders did not vote out Eisner

Dsneyfan, the stockholders voted 45% against Eisner this year. He’s usually gotten no higher than 7% in the past years – and you’re supposed to leave generally if you get past 20% "no confidence."

The question is, why isn’t Eisner out even though he was “voted out?”

General Grizz

Original Poster
ClemsonTigger said:
I await your orders Sir General. I have enjoyed, or more correctly, felt very close to your comments and observations over the past few months with CoP, Land and now this issue.

I would however not rule out trying to tie in SaveDisney and even JimHillMedia...as well as some others to unify approach and maximize impact.

On a separate thought, for those folks that have replied to your thread asking what to do now... At very least, leave your comments or even a printout of your favorite thread comments at guest relations. That is doing something. And Disney has stated in various forums that the reintroduction of Figment was largely do to in person complaints.
Great suggestion! I am looking into all of these internet options. . . and definitely write to Disney with what you have to say personally if you feel you need to! :)

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
First of all, I must comment on Scooter. His dictionary-version definition of the word puppet is hilarious. It's hilarious because he is staunchly standing by his name-calling. Have to give him credit for bailing his own water on a sinking ship.

Now, with reference to a comment I saw about the shareholders not ousting Michael Eisner. Bottom line is, as long as dividend checks keep coming, there's no reason for a shareholder to vote out a Chairman. Having said that, a lot of the shareholders, I would say, are largely uninformed when it comes to all things Disney, vision/direction of the company, and the lack of support that Michael Eisner has at this time with respect to a large amount of cm's and Disney fans. So, that being said, I think it's pretty easy to see why is still at the helm. And if I recall, I believe that George Mitchell was given some position of leadership, which was taken away from Michael Eisner. So, in one very real sense, some leadership role/responsibilities were taken from him.

Clearly, we all have our own views as how best to improve the company in all aspects. No one here is acting like a puppet, and those who say anyone is being lead around like puppets is obviously not paying any attention to this thread. And it's funny that sometimes I find people who claim that others aren't using their own thoughts or opinions often follow the lead of some other individual/group, word for word. I think you all know what/who I am talking about here. Read between the lines. Not to turn this thread political or anything.

General Grizz

Original Poster
HennieBogan1966 said:
And if I recall, I believe that George Mitchell was given some position of leadership, which was taken away from Michael Eisner. So, in one very real sense, some leadership role/responsibilities were taken from him.

Yes, George Mitchell was put in as Chairman because Eisner had to take "some sort of action" to deal with the 45% against him.

Ironically. . . Mitchell received 25% no confidence. . . which shows him he's not wanted!

AND. . . Eisner still gets paid as Chairman! :brick:

Maerj

Is there a snail mail address that we can write to? It might be a good idea if someone has it to put it here in this thread. I was told that a handwritten letter is worth 100 emails, perhaps a letter writing campaign is what is needed?

Carousel of Progress should be first priority. No more seasonal opening and obviously no permanent closure. If they don't want to run it all day, fine. Maybe they can have it go from like 10-5 everyday? At least everyone would get an opportunity to see it.

Shaman

General Grizz said:
Yes, George Mitchell was put in as Chairman because Eisner had to take "some sort of action" to deal with the 45% against him.

Ironically. . . Mitchell received 25% no confidence. . . which shows him he's not wanted!

AND. . . Eisner still gets paid as Chairman! :brick:
And they just keep giving each other raises...must be nice...:brick:

General Grizz

Original Poster
I agree, CoP needs some mail, along with Spaceship Earth (perhaps). Whatever you are interested in.

If you're wanting to write your own letter, here's some information for you:

Walt Disney World Guest Relations
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Compliments, Complaints, and Suggestions
Walt Disney World Guest Communications
P.O. Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040
Email: wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Mr. Michael Eisner, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer (why bother?)
The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Mr. Al Weiss, President
The Walt Disney World Resort
PO Box 10040

Mr. Lee Cockerell, Executive Vice President of Walt Disney World
Operations
1375 Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000

Mr. Marty Sklar, Vice Chairman & Principal Creative Executive
Walt Disney Imagineering
1401 Flower Street
Glendale, CA 91221

Mr. Phil Holmes, Vice President
Vice President of the Magic Kingdom
PO Box 10000

Brewski

I definatly respect you, although i dont agree with you. In my opinion WDW needs to expand there idea's while keeping profits up. Alot of people dont relize that WDW is a buisness, and part of what makes in so unforgetable is that take rides down before they get old and dated. While they keep the "classic" rides that most reflect on Walt's story telling. By keeping the classic's and updating with more Technological rides they keep profits up so they can keep adding more rides and adding more to the expirience of WDW.

General Grizz

Original Poster
Brewski said:
By keeping the classic's and updating with more Technological rides they keep profits up so they can keep adding more rides and adding more to the expirience of WDW.

And I do not disagree with that. But my problems lie in the company's resuing old ideas instead of investing more in great ones.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom