The Grizz Will Roar!!

aimster

No I hope no one duck tapes themselves to the carousel wall and go "weeee" as it rotates every 4 minutes
Yeah this quote is kinda old and I forget who posted it now, but reading that left a very disturbing (and hilarious) image in my mind. :lol:

Oh and... I gotta say I definitely agree with where Grizz is coming from. Disney used to mean quality. Quality has been going downthe tubes and we need to bring it back in a major way. I've been fascinated with animatronics my whole life. That's one reason I love visiting the Disney parks. To see the animatronics.

rosebud's mom

The thing that saddens and concerns me about the newest attractions is the focus on thrill type rides. Don't get me wrong, there is definitely a time and place for those as well. However, I come from an area of the country where Cedar Point is the big draw. Disney was/is different. Cedar Point is a great way to spend a hot summer day - but so is Geauga Lake, or Kings Island, or 6 Flags.....etc, etc. These are not places I would turn into a 5,7, 14 day or more vacation. Please continue the fight to stop the downhill slide to turn our beloved World into just another tallest, fastest, most g-forces park !

civileng68

Account Suspended
yes!

I agree with every single word!

With all the work going on around WDW it seems everyone has died down on Eisner, yet when we take a step back, look in depth, what is really being done? Is the park really being changed for the better? Is just a simple refurb really something special? NO! IT MATTERS WHAT IS BEING DONE IN THE REFURB!
I think more than anything, I agree with the comment on cloning. I've made this point before about M.S. It is a great attraction but doesn't have the sticking factor to keep people loving it ten years from now. I've ridden POTC more times than can count and am not bored with it because of the theming, even the que with the music and dim lighting.

However, I'm already bored with MS, even though it is great. It just doesnt have the repeatability that the classics do.

I'm with you on this one Grizz.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE send this to savedisney.com and I assure you they will post it!

General Grizz

Original Poster
Trust me, this writing has been reworked, as a new (major) resource will become available for Internet guests. I am very pleased at the responses to this thread, although, naturally, there are lots of you who disagreed.

On Mission Space, I even rode Test Track the other day at Epcot with no real desire to ride MS. And that's pretty weird for me, as MS has more "meaning," I think.

But I REALLY like the points about thrills on here, and to quote you, civil, "IT MATTERS WHAT IS BEING DONE IN THE REFURB!" Bing-oooo.... ;) :D

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
However, I'm already bored with MS, even though it is great. It just doesnt have the repeatability that the classics do.

Same here, after a year of riding it I am just tired with it anymore. Heck, I think I would rather ride Snow White's Scary Adventures than M:S. It definitely isn't a "must-do" ride after you've been on it once, and that is what will hurt it in the long-run.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom