The Grizz Will Roar!!

General Grizz

Original Poster
DMC-12 said:
Also... the second that I get nailed with a negative rating from you and your "clique" ... it WILL be forwarded to Steve. .. I know whats been going on in this and your other threads... As soon as someone disagrees with you or the way you see things.. they get nailed with a negative.... :mad:

The reason you would be nailed by me and my nonexistant 'clique' is because you're bringing out personal attacks, like this.

NO one should give you a bad rating because of your opinion. BUT-- if you make (rude) comments as you did in your previous post, I can see why people will want to give you a negative rating.

Again, let's get off this subject.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
General Grizz said:
The reason you would be nailed by me and my nonexistant 'clique' is because you're bringing out personal attacks, like this.

NO one should give you a bad rating because of your opinion. BUT-- if you make (rude) comments as you did in your previous post, I can see why people will want to give you a negative rating.

Again, let's get off this subject.

No.... lets not... because I was not attacking you as you like to claim.

FIRST OFF .... it was a joke... NOT DIRECTED AT ANYONE!!! but YOU took it rather personal.... Hmmmmm so that makes me the bad guy here?? :veryconfu

dizneeboy

Wow, great thread. I couldn't read every detail (due to being at work) but love the passion and support heard throughout. Great job Grizz! We are all here to support you.

If there was one thing I'd like to add, it would be that I feel there is a little bit of a grey area when it comes to clones that should be embraced slightly. I'm fortunate enought to be able to visit both coasts as well as overseas pretty often, but there are many people who aren't or choose not too. Therefore, to a degree, i see a value to have clones so everyone gets to enjoy what Disney Imagineering has dreamed up without feeling like they have to park hop the globe to do so. I would much more prefer an original attraction added at anytime, but I'll be the first to admit I'd love to see some of Tokyo Disney Sea's attractions show up at WDW. In addition, WDI has been able to put some slight spins on the clones so they aren't exactly the same. I myself enjoy comparing them (based on which came first, which is better, whats different). Not dissapgreeing, just giving some additional perspective.

I too am tired of seeing great classic attractions go. Just 3 weeks ago, we rode CoP because several friends and family had never had the opportunity to expirience it. Upon exiting, everyone really enjoyed it and loved learning more about its debut at the worlds fair and Walt's passion for it. Its one of the few place in the Kingdom where you get to see Walt (in the preshow video). It was great for me to show my nephew what Walt actually looks like. These are today's audience who do not have a passion for Disney like all of us here and they still loved it...how can they think of getting rid of history?

At the very least, it should be preserved in the Smithsonian...but it would be much happier in its home at the Magic Kingdom.

General Grizz

Original Poster
DMC-12 said:
No.... lets not... because I was not attacking you as you like to claim.

FIRST OFF .... it was a joke... NOT DIRECTED AT ANYONE!!! but YOU took it rather personal.... Hmmmmm so that makes me the bad guy here?? :veryconfu
If you want, I can do a search history and point out everytime you have described me in the exact same manner. My apologies if you were not referring to me.

Okay, back to the thread.

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
General Grizz said:
If you want, I can do a search history and point out everytime you have described me in the exact same manner. My apologies if you were not referring to me.

Okay, back to the thread.

Fine.... I will just put you on ignore... and I will make sure I never post in any of your threads again... since you and your "clique" are so damn eager to give everyone who disagrees with you... a negative rating.

*exits thread* :wave:

General Grizz

Original Poster
Touching Carousel of Progress story.

Now, here's an example of good cloning. Take for example, our early 1990s Splash Mountain here at Walt Disney World. It wasn't a complete copy from Disneyland; much of the music was re-recorded lyric-wise, and musically (to theme it to Frontierland) - as well as scene changes. Why? Because back then, just over ten years ago, Disney was able to invest in these small things which make a difference. And the entire company saw the success, in the parks and film industry!

After all, I want to go to Disneyland to ride their different Splash Mountain just because it is different than ours! :)

(Also, Disney didn't produce all clones. We received original attractions all throughout this time period.)

careship

Very true....not all clones are bad if they are made to represent it's new home. Yes, we have received many new gifts at WDW as well. Some fantastic such as Philharmagic, DAK, Mission:SPace (although it could've been better IMHO) and then there are examples of just blah. I happen to like Primevil Whirl, but I can drive 30 minutes to ride this ride at Michigan Adventure with a different name. Also, I just don't like the carnie feel and I know that was what they were going for, but what were they thinking? We have also been gifted with some tremendous movies such as PotC and been embarassed by things such as Home on the Range. It's the quality and heart that seem to be lacking sometimes that disturbs me. As for the movies, some of them are not getting the credit they are due because of poor marketing and poor timing and plain old rushing too many things out instead of worrying about quality.

dizneeboy

Good points Careship. Although I don't particulary care for the Carne feel of Dinoland, it doesn't bother me a lot. I always thought they could have put a show building around primeval whirl, adding some special effects in a more dark ride setting, and would have had a winner.

careship

dizneeboy said:
Good points Careship. Although I don't particulary care for the Carne feel of Dinoland, it doesn't bother me a lot. I always thought they could have put a show building around primeval whirl, adding some special effects in a more dark ride setting, and would have had a winner.

Hadn't really thought about it like that, but really, that would have made this ride unique to itself rather than basically the same one you can ride at any other cheap with some great dino theming. That would have made this a unique Disney ride.

(sings) I'm wishing........I'm wishing.......

:sohappy: :sohappy:

disnyfan89

dizneeboy said:
I think it is better that it is out side than inside because people see it from a distance and go what is that?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
General Grizz said:
That’s done now. But the plague is spreading elsewhere. Rumor has it that Spaceship Earth will be replaced with a new screen technology attraction.

ok grizz, sorry to come into this a little late, but if this has already been addressed between pages 6-14 then i apologize, i just couldnt read anymore (long day in the office), anyway, my question or concern is this, with the current structure of SSE, (hypothetically speaking of course) would this new "screen technology" attraction keep that same ride system and track, the omnimover, or are you rumoring a TOTAL overhaul and change.

i was just under the impression that the structure of SSE could never change the way it was built. that is a lot of cement in the spiral. lol

just thought id ask. godspeed grizz. anything i can do, im here.

dizneeboy

disnyfan89 said:
I think it is better that it is out side than inside because people see it from a distance and go what is that?

i understand your logic, but once they get there, they are dissapointed in the ride; )

You can have a "weenie" to draw them in and still have a kick butt ride... However, Everest and the Tree of life are the only other attractions at AK that I can think of that use or will use that logic. Dinosaur, Kali, KS, LK all are basically hidden to a degree.

careship

I also feel that seeing this ride could also turn some people off, those hardcore Disney people. Why? Because the same ride system can be ridden at many small amusement parks across the US. Some people may say I spent all this money to ride this? I could've done that at home....Just an opinion.

KaliSplash

I probably shouldn't do this this way, but I will. I have read only Grizz's original roar. I haven't had time yet to go through the 13 pages of responses.

But on several of the intial topics:

1. I fret over the loss of audio-animatronics. This is what makes this place stand out (and I mean orders of magnitude out) from other theme parks. The attention to detail in the president's clothes in the Hall of Presidents. The extradordinary detail in the Carosel of Progress, etc.
2. So I am especially upset by the loss of World of Motion and Horizons, even though I love Mission:Space and I like Test Track. I would have preferred these as additions, NOT replacements.
3. We need more attractions involving audio animatronics. Whether it is dark rides in omnimover vehicles, boats, or theater shows ala Hall of Presidents, Tiki Birds, etc. These type attractions are one of the things that make WDW different from Six Flags, Carowinds, Cedar Point, etc.
4. Since I seldom travel outside the Southeast, I don't mind the clones. It's the only way I'll probably ever experience some of the neat things that are located in other parks. I would love to see a Matterhorn ride in an World Showcase pavilion, as was proposed about 10 years ago. I'd love to see a Russian pavilion with their 360-movie. I'd really love to see the Indy ride. I look forward to Soarin and the Motor Stunt show and I'd love to see some of the attractions occassionally mentioned here as possibilities from Tokyo.
5. I do fret about the loss of experienced cast members, about the loss of the artists.
6. I especially fret about the 'seasonal' attractions. I say open up everything, all the time, disperse the crowd and do away with the fast passes that make those in the standby lines feel like the unwashed masses.
7. I don't like the shorter hours for attractions in the parks and for the parks themselves.
8. I don't like the fewer performances of the live shows.
9. I do understand economics. As I said in my very first post, as disappointed as I am with the changes of the past few years, I worry that Eisner's replacement might be even worse. That is the most likely reason for him to be replaced, to bring in someone who will try to CUT their way to greater profits. And it is ALWAYS about the money.
Now, I'm going to go back through and read this long and fascinating thread.

Danny14

I was disappointed with World of Motion's closing, but I was angry with Horizon's closing, since it was one of the most unique attractions at WDW. Test Track is a fun ride (In some ways better than WoM) but from what I have heard, Mission Space is not as fun or as intense as Disney makes it out to be. Spaceship Earth has always been my favorite Epcot attraction, and I will be angry even if it is made into a thrill ride in the future.

Epcot's Future World is starting to look more like 2004 and less like the future...

The AA problem is something that you could say about AK too. With the park's lack of dark rides with AAs, it seems like any other park. (Which is unacceptable for Disney :mad: )

careship

Great comments. I feel as you do, the lack of AA's in new attractions show the companies corner cutting. The closures and short hours etc, make for bad business in the long run. I come there paying top dollar, everything should be open, not seasonally. The early park closings are appalling, but I have been going since 72 so I am used to the longer hours. Not everyone knows that isn't what used to be the norm.

Great observations, glad you put your 2 cents worth in, they were worth way more than just 2 cents.

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I'm with DMC....while Grizz loves to hear that he has supporters and fans, he takes any criticism as a personal attack. If you're not willing to have people pick your idea apart, don't start a thread that is so overwhelming and grandiose that it makes people want to take it to reality. It happened before, and he was not very well liked...to the point he left. While I don't want that to happen, I see the board dividing here.....because Grizz has the "you're with us or against us" philosophy.

This is discussion forum. Just because somebody doesn't like your ideas doesn't mean you should take it personally. I pride myself on being able to see both sides of the situation, and thinking outside the box and even the rules if need be.

You have to go outside the house and look in the windows to get a different perspective sometimes....

careship

Personally, I don't think anyone should be attacking anyone, these are opinions of each individual and should be respected as such. No one here should be picked out and be picked apart. I hear what Grizz is saying and on many levels can understand and appreciate as well as support him. However, I am not some idiot who blindly would follow anyone!!! Even though I have felt somewhat labeled as a puppet or part of clique for having my own feelings that somewhat can align with Grizz's. I have yet to jump on anyone as I feel as though we all have our own opinions and are entitled to them. I just don't like to see anyone attack another here on these boards. If you don't particularly care for someone, don't post don't read, attacking though I feel causes animosity for even people like myself who have the live and let live philosophy.

That's my 2 cents.....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom