The Grizz Will Roar!!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
careship said:
If you don't particularly care for someone, don't post don't read,

I've always thought that was a very hypocritical thing to ask. Especially for a thread like this, both sides need to be heard. If a thread is going to be posted in a PUBLIC forum, then anyone has the right to jump in and say whatever they'd like - within the forum rules.

This would be a pretty boring forum if somebody would post an idea and 100 people would just respond with "great idea" or "i agree".

We're all fans...our wide range of backgrounds and ideas is what makes this place what it is....a place to discuss all sides. If I don't like an idea, I'll let that person know. There's not anything anybody can do to stop me from presenting the other side.

Shaman

Fievel said:
I see the board dividing here.....because Grizz has the "you're with us or against us" philosophy.

This is discussion forum. Just because somebody doesn't like your ideas doesn't mean you should take it personally.
I disagree, it seems to me the only time Grizz has taken anything "personal" is when the statement made was not against his ideas, but rather against him. There are certainly different ways of expressing ones opinions, some more respectable than others. And certainly one does not have to resort to name-calling in a rebutal to get any points across. Whom here would stay quiet if they were openly insulted? No one.

Show me where Grizz has the "you're with us or against us" philosophy?

A thread like this begs for debate...not personal attracks...I think we can all agree on that point.

Just my opinion, but then again a puppet like me, doesn't have a mind of his own. :rolleyes:

Come on everyone, we all love Disney, thats why we're here...lets try to get along or atleast respect one another.

:)

careship

Fievel said:
I've always thought that was a very hypocritical thing to ask. Especially for a thread like this, both sides need to be heard. If a thread is going to be posted in a PUBLIC forum, then anyone has the right to jump in and say whatever they'd like - within the forum rules.

This would be a pretty boring forum if somebody would post an idea and 100 people would just respond with "great idea" or "i agree".

We're all fans...our wide range of backgrounds and ideas is what makes this place what it is....a place to discuss all sides. If I don't like an idea, I'll let that person know. There's not anything anybody can do to stop me from presenting the other side.

Very true, but it doesn't require personal issues does it? It shouldn't result in anme calling and things of the such right? I see both sides of all issues, but when you call people that agree with something names etc, it makes me wonder whether I should post my opinion or view on the subject. Those members I don't particularly care for, I just don't read what they have to say. I guess I just assumed everyone's opinion was just as valuable. My opinion wasn't liked as you pointed out. Maybe the problem is that when you quote someone and then be negative it feels to many that it is an attack.

Don't get me wrong, I don't feel as though you attacked me, I know you spoke your mind, as do I. Somewhere in the deep middle all our opinions are really for the same thing. The love of Disney and all that it is. Agreeing to disagree is sometimes the only option. :cool:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
objr said:
I disagree, it seems to me the only time Grizz has taken anything "personal" is when the statement made was not against his ideas, but rather against him. There are certainly different ways of expressing ones opinions, some more respectable than others. And certainly one does not have to resort to name-calling in a rebutal to get any points across. Whom here would stay quiet if they were openly insulted? No one.

A thread like this begs for debate...not personal attracks...I think we can all agree on that point.

Just my opinion, but then again a puppet like me, doesn't have a mind of his own. :rolleyes:

Come on everyone, we all love Disney, thats why we're here...lets try to get along or atleast respect one another.

Jeeze guys, just forget I said anything... I took a jab... albeit a playful one...(like I have in the past) hence the smilies " :p " and it apparently got blown out of proportion... this time :(

Just let it go... for my sake and sanity please... and I will just shut up and go away.

Though it does seem like we went thru this a few years ago...lol

*I am not bashing, flaming, or making a personal attack on anyone*

I will just avoid anything that has to do with Grizz from now on... and I should be fine... I guess....

Grizz... I am sorry if I upset you.. and I will NEVER bother you again...

careship

DMC-12 said:
Jeeze guys, just forget I said anything... I took a jab... albeit a playful one...(like I have in the past) hence the smilies " :p " and it apparently got blown out of proportion... this time :(

Just let it go... for my sake and sanity please... and I will just shut up and go away.

I will just avoid anything that has to do with Grizz from now on... and I should be fine... I guess....

Hey now....don't get offensive.....SMILING....I really don't want you to feel I was getting upset with you. I wasn't....I just wanted you to see it from the other side. Remember, 2 sides to every story....so really I was only trying to say hey voice opinions of DIsney etc, but don't bash anyone and it seemed that way. That's all......It's all good, no hard feelings from me. I am pretty easy...(hey now no mind wandering for that one.)

Shaman

DMC-12 said:

Jer, I know it was a "playful jab"...hence the reason it made me laugh...I know you meant nothing by it. Things got a bit blown out of proportion, I agree...

:wave:

Scooter

objr said:

I think it's kinda ironic that when I used the phrase "Grizz Puppets" everyone came down on me like storm troopers when in fact..I was Generalizing.

Generalizing...hahaha..pardon the pun. :lol:

I never ever called anyone specifically a puppet...some people just ASSUMED I was talking about them and ran with the ball.

Sorry..I'll try not to Generalize anymore. :p

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Scooter, I think what is happening in that case is that we all expect to hear differing opinions here on various subjects. But when you make any sort of comments that tend to generalize a group of people, you moved from the subject material to (not personal) but a type of attack, using name-calling.

I know that I'd rather debate issues with people than to trade jabs back and forth, which is childish and doesn't progress the conversation. It bothers me that people will sometimes resort to this tactic, I think, because they don't have anything intelligent or interesting to say about any given topic.

Which gets me back to my last post on this particular thread. I was hoping to hear from someone "in the know", regarding my comments on payroll and budgeting issues. Reason is, I've had time all day today to think more about it and would like to add to those comments, but not before hearing from others on it. So, if you please, would you all go back to my last post here, which I believe is on page 12 or 13 and let me know what you think.

Keep up the good work Grizz. I'm with ya Brother.

Brian

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Ummm, It's NOT about YOU Scooter

No, Scooter. I wasn't referring to you. This thread ins't about YOU or anyone else. It's about the opinions on the business practices at Disney as it relates to the parks, rides, attractions.

What I was referring to was the ACT of name-calling. It's something that should be reserved for Junior High and High School age kids. Now, it that description fits you, then I can understand. But again, I wasn't referring to anyone in particular.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Shaman

Scooter said:
I think it's kinda ironic that when I used the phrase "Grizz Puppets" everyone came down on me like storm troopers when in fact..I was Generalizing.
How can you find it ironic...I thought you were expecting it?

:p

Scooter said:
I know I'm going to catch slack for this post from all you Grizz puppets out there, but Grizz, I think you're scaring alot of people with your "The place is going to Hell In a Handbasket" retoric and some might even cancel their Disney Trips beacuse of some of the things you have said....
:wave: ;)

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Well, objr., I don't think that the intent of Grizz is to cause people to cancel trips. On the contrary, we'd both like to see an increase in attendance. That
way, people will fall in love all over again with this most special place.

The 2nd part of that equation is that people might see some of the same things that we do during their visit and get more involved in writing to Disney to voice their concerns as well.

I think the real rhetoric is when people continue to spin all the commentary into something that it isn't. It is what it is. If someone who works in the parks makes comments regarding concerns they have about park conditions, lack of payroll for cm's, condition of attractions, then that's what it is. Concerns on the part of people who truly care about the condition and direction of this great company.

To constantly change the subject to personal attacks, name-calling, is just not good. Again, it doesn't progress the debate on the issue. So let's stick to the subject. If you have a personal issue with someone, then direct it to them on a private level. Not on the boards.

imagineer boy

HennieBogan1966 said:
Well, objr., I don't think that the intent of Grizz is to cause people to cancel trips. On the contrary, we'd both like to see an increase in attendance. That
way, people will fall in love all over again with this most special place.

The 2nd part of that equation is that people might see some of the same things that we do during their visit and get more involved in writing to Disney to voice their concerns as well.

I think the real rhetoric is when people continue to spin all the commentary into something that it isn't. It is what it is. If someone who works in the parks makes comments regarding concerns they have about park conditions, lack of payroll for cm's, condition of attractions, then that's what it is. Concerns on the part of people who truly care about the condition and direction of this great company.

To constantly change the subject to personal attacks, name-calling, is just not good. Again, it doesn't progress the debate on the issue. So let's stick to the subject. If you have a personal issue with someone, then direct it to them on a private level. Not on the boards.

Well said! Guys, lets just stop the name calling and hurtful criticisms and continue the thread in an orderly way. :wave:

Woody13

HennieBogan1966 said:
Perhaps you may desire to review post #72.

General Grizz

Original Poster
I am sorry that this series of battles started. . . but I'm not going to continue this thread off topic. Thanks to both sides for trying to clear this up. As I’ve said before, I respect opinion out here, but not personal attacks (that is not the purpose of a message board), and I apologize again for any misinterpretation.

Kali Splash:

You brought up *excellent* points, including:
1. Animatronics
2. Replacement vs. Addition
3. Shorter hours, despite current successes
4. The Cast Layoff/CP Replacement Situation
5. Seasonal status.

Very valid breakdown.

To answer your question, JMAXWELL, the SE plan has CALLED for a complete overhaul of the entire track. I have no clue of the specifics, there has been a HUGE debate over the structure.

As more info comes out, I’ll post it.

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Sorry Grizz, but I must respond once again to good ole Woody. Well Woody, if you were paying attention when you read my post @ #72, you would see that I was responding to the comments YOU made. I didn't once refer to you in any derogatory manner. What I did was use humor, along with a little political satire, to put your comments into proper perspective. Understand?

Now, if your only reason for watching this thread is to stir the pot, then don't bother. We're here to discuss this subject on a more serious level. If you'd like to participate, we'd welcome your comments. If not, then we'll understand you're not commenting at all.

Sorry again, Grizz.

Back to our regularly scheduled fight to SAVEDISNEY!!!!

Woody13

HennieBogan1966 said:
Now, if your only reason for watching this thread is to stir the pot, then don't bother. We're here to discuss this subject on a more serious level. If you'd like to participate, we'd welcome your comments. If not, then we'll understand you're not commenting at all.
Pointless? Is that a funny word to you? My idea was and is very valid. A walking and talking Walt Disney AA is not too far off in the future. Yet, you discounted my idea as pointless and I was not contributing to the discussion.

Frankly, I haven't heard a good idea in this thread (except mine) to save CoP and to improve upon and nurture AA's in the parks. Surely, the old AA's have got to be retired and replaced with new technology. Why keep old, outdated and inferior AA's when the world awaits new and improved versions? Who will continue to watch the CBJ when Chuck E Cheese currently has better AA's in ones local area?

Disney is removing AA's for good reason. They are old tech! :wave:

General Grizz

Original Poster
Country Bears's animatronics have not been surprassed by Chuck E Cheese. . . and I'm no silly ole bear when I say that! ;)

If AA is old tech, what is new tech?

Eureeka! SCREENS! :brick:

careship

Will forever go see the CBJ. It is one of the reasons I fell in love with Disney as a child to begin with. It was the first thing I took my children to when they made their first visits. It is also the first thing we go see even now and trust me on this one, my boys are getting much bigger and much older now. I am sure they wouldn't confess in their hockey locker room that they love the CBJ, but they do confess their love of Disney and have brought friends and their families into the Disney fold.

Some things are ageless and timeless. I agree that the CoP is dated. Well, of course it is, but it is also a wonderful piece of history and a great attraction. You can't tell me that kids don't like it. I am sure not every kid does, but not every kid likes roller coasters either. It's all a matter of personal opinion. Luckily, there is enough throughout WDW to satisfy most everyone. Those who can't find anything to do in WDW, well they just aren't right in the head to begin with. (j/k....sortof.)

Woody13

General Grizz said:
Country Bears's animatronics have not been surprassed by Chuck E Cheese. . . and I'm no silly ole bear when I say that! ;)

If AA is old tech, what is new tech?

Eureeka! SCREENS! :brick:
Grizz, perhaps where you live you have never seen either the "Awesome Adventure Machine" stage show or the "Studio C" show at Chuck E. Cheese. As of 2004 there are at least 6 different animatronic shows at locations across the U.S. – The 1-stage, 2-stage, 3-stage, Road stage, Studio C Alpha, and Studio C Beta. Unfortunately, they are far superior to anything CBJ has to offer. WDW needs to get rid of the old AA systems and move into the future!:kiss:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom