The Grizz Will Roar!!

General Grizz

Original Poster
Woody13 said:
Grizz, perhaps where you live you have never seen either the "Awesome Adventure Machine" stage show or the "Studio C" show at Chuck E. Cheese. As of 2004 there are at least 6 different animatronic shows at locations across the U.S. – The 1-stage, 2-stage, 3-stage, Road stage, Studio C Alpha, and Studio C Beta. Unfortunately, they are far superior to anything CBJ has to offer. WDW needs to get rid of the old AA systems and move into the future!:kiss:
What is the future? What can replace animatronics?

You said they were outdated. . . so Lucky shouldn't even be at the parks?? :brick:

careship

Haven't been to Chuck E. Cheese for years, the boys grew out of that. I bet they would like the new show though. I can't see tossing out CBJ, it's not the newest AA's, but it is still always busy when I am there and a fabulous show. I can see them using the new technology to create new attractions....new attractions with AA's not just a coaster. Don't get me wrong, I like coasters, but I love the creativity in a good old fashioned dark ride.

General Grizz

Original Poster
careship said:
Haven't been to Chuck E. Cheese for years, the boys grew out of that. I bet they would like the new show though. I can't see tossing out CBJ, it's not the newest AA's, but it is still always busy when I am there and a fabulous show. I can see them using the new technology to create new attractions....new attractions with AA's not just a coaster. Don't get me wrong, I like coasters, but I love the creativity in a good old fashioned dark ride.
And what the heck, refreshen the show, bring in the latest technology. But keep it the same classic that guests are coming back to year after year after year.

33 years later, and it's still going strong. :wave:

Woody13

General Grizz said:
What is the future? What can replace animatronics?

You said they were outdated. . . so Lucky shouldn't even be at the parks?? :brick:
You are parsing my words Grizz! The CBJ generation of animatronics are outdated. This doesn't add to your case.:kiss:

Lucky is great! He (she?) is a step in the right direction. Oh boy, I can hardly wait for the next AA's to make their debut. However, if Disney continues to be mired down with these old AA's, then we can only look backward.

I want it to be a "great big beautiful tomorrow" rather than a continual dirge for Walt! The king is dead. Let's move on with better ideas! Surely we can outthink a dead man!:) :p

General Grizz

Original Poster
Woody13 said:
You are parsing my words Grizz! The CBJ generation of animatronics are outdated. This doesn't add to your case.:kiss:

Lucky is great! He (she?) is a step in the right direction. Oh boy, I can hardly wait for the next AA's to make their debut. However, if Disney continues to be mired down with these old AA's, then we can only look backward.

I want it to be a "great big beautiful tomorrow" rather than a continual dirge for Walt! The king is dead. Let's move on with better ideas! Surely we can outthink a dead man!:) :p
You said, "Disney is removing AA's for good reason. They are old tech!"

Disney is not replacing Animatronics with better animatronics - or ANY at that!

So I will throw back, "Let's move on with better ideas! Surely we can outthink a dead [Walt Disney Company.]"

Expo_Seeker40

I'm a little confused as to what you two are stating in your opinions. :brick: Would you please here mine [General Grizz] and state your opinion. :wave:

I think Audio Animatronics are PART of the disney heritage. Since they debued in 1963 at Disneyland's Enachanted Tiki Room [which is going through an excellent restoration project for the 50th], since then AA's have played a key role. In 1964, famous attractions such as It's A Small World, Carousel Of Progress, Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln, and the Magic Skyway.

Without AA's today, Disney, it's corporation, is simply no longer the same. I think EPCOT Center may have seemed boring to so many, because slow moving omnimover rides were the key in the early 80s to presenting a disney think more people mourn the loss of Horizons than the World of Motion. [There are reasons why]

The Carousel of Progress is so Disney! :sohappy: I really do think of Walt when I go in that attraction. I don't think of him so much on other attractions. For a man who gave us so much, we must honor him and the Carousel of Progress by saving the ONE, JUST ONE ATTRACTION HE WANTED TO BE AROUND FOREVER. :king: Think of what our lives in entertainent and youth would be like without Walt Disney. We take so much for granted, like it was always around and ment to be.

I am all for for updating AA's. That is a necesity I think. We need to express out technological advances. Just so everyone knows, the AA's in the CoP are not the same, maybe with an exception of some, but I highly doubt their insides are the same, let alone their physical features are nothing like what the original Carousel Family looked like.

As long as the show can retain itself, and its presentation, and spirit, thats what counts, I think more life like and better functioning AA's, but resembling the original 1964 physical features of the Carousel Family is best for the CoP. This goes the same for SSE, and other AA's attractions.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
General Grizz said:
To answer your question, JMAXWELL, the SE plan has CALLED for a complete overhaul of the entire track. I have no clue of the specifics, there has been a HUGE debate over the structure.

As more info comes out, I’ll post it.

thanks for the response

aaaahhhhh, this just really is a kick in the groin region! i mean come on, i guess my favorite attraction getting gutted wouldnt usually hurt so bad if i knew that it you recieve justice and get something that really was incredible, but i just dont have the faith, and that feels like a kick in the groin. aaahhhhh :dazzle:

Disneyland1970

Woody13 said:

Frankly, I haven't heard a good idea in this thread (except mine) to save CoP and to improve upon and nurture AA's in the parks. Surely, the old AA's have got to be retired and replaced with new technology. Why keep old, outdated and inferior AA's when the world awaits new and improved versions? Who will continue to watch the CBJ when Chuck E Cheese currently has better AA's in ones local area?

I think that is the issue, Walt has been gone over 35 years and the current Walt Disney Corp. Management Team (Eisner), is still at a loss on how to top his creations. Disney has squeezed every new idea they can from Walts leagacy. They are now trying to come up with new ideas on thier own and are just flailing(DCA?). I'm all for replacemnt of anything as long as it is for betterment of the experience. It seems like the recent SOP of the theme parks is to let an old ride slip in to disrepair, let ridership wane becasue of this, proclaim the ride is not worth operating, take it out and replace it with an inferior, cheaper,less imaginative ride. Yes, they have come up with some very imaginative rides of late, but IMHO, they will have a very short shelf life.
I still find it funny that Peter Pan can have as long of a wait as MS. Just what would happen if they updated Peter?? Which I think could be done for less than 100 Mil.

Until the current Disney can surpass Walt's creativity, He still gets my vote,
deceased or alive :wave:

Also, you are a little on the defensive about being taken seriously, and then you say the only good idea is YOURS on a 14+ page thread.... wow!

How much time do you spend at Chuck E Cheese?? Seem to know the ins and outs around there... I wish they would have put all that research into Pizza instead of AA :hammer:

SirGoofy

I read your post last night Grizz and...wow. It brought a tear to my eye. All I could think of was JII. All I could think of was the countless times I road my favorite ride of all time. Then I thought about the first time i road JIYI and how sad I was to find Dreamfinder and Figment missing. Then on my next trip I saw a sign that led me to believe that the original ride was returnig, but I found that it was just JIYI with a few Figment AA's and black lit signs hanging on curtains. This is what the current management is doing to the classic rides of WDW. They are destroying them in place of cheap, magicless rides. Not only did I find that my favorite ride had been changed on that trip, I also found that another one of my favorites, Horizons, was also closed for good. FOR A GLORIFIED SIMULATOR! AA's are what seperates Disney from Six Flags. Not screens or thrill rides.

If they touch COP or SSE I will be so [enter forbiden word] mad that I don't know what I'll do. Many of my friends don't like SSE, but they go on it because it is a master piece of AA's. They also love COP because they know it was a ride that Walt himself designed. It was his pride and joy, and his only attraction that he requested stay open forever, and I don't think it would be to hard for M.E. to spare a little of his raise to see that Walt's legacy stays alive.

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Okay Woody. One more time. The comments I made toward your idea for the "Walking Walt" was during conversation that was taking place regarding the direction of the company as it relates to ride condition, etc. While your thoughts on the "Walking Walt" may be, and I stress, may be a good one, it didn't then, or now, point to an answer as to how to make better decisions at a mgmt level within the company. And I won't argue your point about updating AA's. No one here is suggesting, or has suggested that we stay in the past. Rather what some of us are saying is that there isn't anything wrong with maintaining some of the basic ideas that Walt had when it came to AA's, and providing the "magic" for all who come to this happy place. It's a mindset. A way of looking at your vision for providing fun and magic for all that is lacking in todays "money grab" management style.

I'll give you an example of what I mean. Your comments referring to outthinking a dead man is a good example. Todays youth and much of todays society has no respect for our past or for those who came before us. If you did, you wouldn't make that reference. Either that, or you just didn't have a better way of putting it I guess. My connection here is that most people today have very short-sighted views, looking for short-term gain, and not long term. You can build a great thrill coaster today, and next week, someone will build a better one. What then? Do you build yet another coaster to top that one? Where does it stop? It stops when you stop thinking short term, trying to beat your competitors and you think about your guests first. Another example of why we should embrace our past can be found at doombuggies.com. There's an article there that shows how Imagineers developed the "talking/moving busts in the HM." They even created their own patent that was a direct result of their research.

The point is this: There's nothing wrong with embracing the past to look at ideas that have been successful, to help you come up with new ideas for the future that will make you successful again. Another example of this thinking is this: My understanding is that Walt was a stickler not only for detail (obviously), but demanded that his parks be kept clean 24/7. Now while this may seem a small thing, how many times have we read on these threads about rides/attractions/parks being "dirty". Seems a small thing, but it doesn't go unnoticed.

Lastly, I would like to say to you that I can understand what you are saying about moving into the future with AA's but I'm guessing that most of us here would like to shoot higher than Chuck E. Cheese. No offense intended to this baron of Pizza glory, but I don't really care what they're doing with AA's. I'd rather challenge my Imagineers to come up with the best AA's in the world.
Would they look at companies like C.E.C for baseline ideas? I'm sure they have always done things like that. But I think that Walt always wanted his Imagineers to start with a blank sheet of paper and to "imagine", if you will, the possiblities. Problem is, if management gets rid of all the imagineers/animators, where do the new ideas come from? Or if the "man in charge" doesn't want to move that direction, then what do you do? Michael Eisner has clearly shown that he has no interest in embracing the past of Walt Disney, and would rather create "synergy" and market "products" thru his parks, rather than "magic." And you can cry all day to me about how he wanted to do this and that, but couldn't for lack of funding. Well, maybe if he had been more responsible with his spending habits over the years, he'd have the money needed for some of the ideas expressed here.

And just a side note, I find it funny that you refuse to acknowledge that anyone but you has had a good idea here. I'm curious, what do you do for a living? How much experience do you have in the business world? How long have you worked in sales, or guest services?

imagineer boy

HennieBogan1966 said:
Okay Woody. One more time. The comments I made toward your idea for the "Walking Walt" was during conversation that was taking place regarding the direction of the company as it relates to ride condition, etc. While your thoughts on the "Walking Walt" may be, and I stress, may be a good one, it didn't then, or now, point to an answer as to how to make better decisions at a mgmt level within the company. And I won't argue your point about updating AA's. No one here is suggesting, or has suggested that we stay in the past. Rather what some of us are saying is that there isn't anything wrong with maintaining some of the basic ideas that Walt had when it came to AA's, and providing the "magic" for all who come to this happy place. It's a mindset. A way of looking at your vision for providing fun and magic for all that is lacking in todays "money grab" management style.

I'll give you an example of what I mean. Your comments referring to outthinking a dead man is a good example. Todays youth and much of todays society has no respect for our past or for those who came before us. If you did, you wouldn't make that reference. Either that, or you just didn't have a better way of putting it I guess. My connection here is that most people today have very short-sighted views, looking for short-term gain, and not long term. You can build a great thrill coaster today, and next week, someone will build a better one. What then? Do you build yet another coaster to top that one? Where does it stop? It stops when you stop thinking short term, trying to beat your competitors and you think about your guests first. Another example of why we should embrace our past can be found at doombuggies.com. There's an article there that shows how Imagineers developed the "talking/moving busts in the HM." They even created their own patent that was a direct result of their research.

The point is this: There's nothing wrong with embracing the past to look at ideas that have been successful, to help you come up with new ideas for the future that will make you successful again. Another example of this thinking is this: My understanding is that Walt was a stickler not only for detail (obviously), but demanded that his parks be kept clean 24/7. Now while this may seem a small thing, how many times have we read on these threads about rides/attractions/parks being "dirty". Seems a small thing, but it doesn't go unnoticed.

Lastly, I would like to say to you that I can understand what you are saying about moving into the future with AA's but I'm guessing that most of us here would like to shoot higher than Chuck E. Cheese. No offense intended to this baron of Pizza glory, but I don't really care what they're doing with AA's. I'd rather challenge my Imagineers to come up with the best AA's in the world.
Would they look at companies like C.E.C for baseline ideas? I'm sure they have always done things like that. But I think that Walt always wanted his Imagineers to start with a blank sheet of paper and to "imagine", if you will, the possiblities. Problem is, if management gets rid of all the imagineers/animators, where do the new ideas come from? Or if the "man in charge" doesn't want to move that direction, then what do you do? Michael Eisner has clearly shown that he has no interest in embracing the past of Walt Disney, and would rather create "synergy" and market "products" thru his parks, rather than "magic." And you can cry all day to me about how he wanted to do this and that, but couldn't for lack of funding. Well, maybe if he had been more responsible with his spending habits over the years, he'd have the money needed for some of the ideas expressed here.

And just a side note, I find it funny that you refuse to acknowledge that anyone but you has had a good idea here. I'm curious, what do you do for a living? How much experience do you have in the business world? How long have you worked in sales, or guest services?

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Woody13

General Grizz said:
You said, "Disney is removing AA's for good reason. They are old tech!"

Disney is not replacing Animatronics with better animatronics - or ANY at that!

So I will throw back, "Let's move on with better ideas! Surely we can outthink a dead [Walt Disney Company.]"
Here you go Grizz. This is what I've been thinking. Have you seen the Sony SDR-4X Robot? It's called the "QRIO". It runs, jumps, dances and it sings too! I sure hope the Disney Imaginers are paying close attention to the current crop of biped robots.

"Lucky" is certainly a step in the right direction. I am looking forward to the day when Disney will be able to produce life sized and life like humanoids. Some of these bots could be programmed to entertain in the attractions while others could be used to give guided tours to guests.

Anyway take a look here to see the amazing artificial intelligence that makes the Sony SDR-4X so good:

http://plyojump.com/qrio.html

Also, if you ever get the chance to see one in person, I think you'll be very impressed. I think that the reason why Disney in not replacing AA's is because they are working on biped robots. At least, I hope so!:wave:

General Grizz

Original Poster
Woody13 said:
Here you go Grizz. This is what I've been thinking. Have you seen the Sony SDR-4X Robot? It's called the "QRIO". It runs, jumps, dances and it sings too! I sure hope the Disney Imaginers are paying close attention to the current crop of biped robots.

"Lucky" is certainly a step in the right direction. I am looking forward to the day when Disney will be able to produce life sized and life like humanoids. Some of these bots could be programmed to entertain in the attractions while others could be used to give guided tours to guests.

Anyway take a look here to see the amazing artificial intelligence that makes the Sony SDR-4X so good:

http://plyojump.com/qrio.html

Also, if you ever get the chance to see one in person, I think you'll be very impressed. I think that the reason why Disney in not replacing AA's is because they are working on biped robots. At least, I hope so!:wave:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Disney is no longer on the edge of technology as it used to be. Eisner just doesn't like to take "creative risks." Granted, excellent technological standards have been met with both Lucky and the Mission Space design. . . but these few advancements do not put Disney as the lead in the pusher of technology.

Your statement that, "Animatronics are being replaced becuase they are outdated" implies that NEW Animatronics are being produced to replace them. At least this is what I deterimed from the post I just quoted.

Sorry to say it, but I doubt Disney will go in and replace the Country Bear, Carousel, or Pirates animatronics under current management. (Instead, they are putting the animatronic attractions in seasonal or reduced-operation status) In fact, their goal has been to slowly deplete them (i.e. the hundreds lost at Epcot).

The Imagineers and geniuses will press for animatronics and improvement but Lame Duck Eisner and his Board won't have it. I am truly sorry, Woody.

Woody13

General Grizz said:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but Disney is no longer on the edge of technology as it used to be. Eisner just doesn't like to take "creative risks." Granted, excellent technological standards have been met with both Lucky and the Mission Space design. . . but these few advancements do not put Disney as the lead in the pusher of technology.
Perhaps Disney could once again get Sony as a corporate sponsor. In the long run I think it would be better if Disney outsourced robot development rather than attempting to tackle a project like this in house. The technology is increasing at break neck speed and I don't think Disney would be able to keep up.

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Well Woody, you may be impressed with the new tech in AA's, but let's look at what you are talking about from a cost perspective. IF Disney were to use Sony as a park sponsor in some respect, and Sony were to provide the new technology you're speaking of, who do you think the cost is going to be passed along to?

Now, I know what you are thinking. Someone has to pay for it. True. But should we really be talking about something that could potentially drive UP costs for the guests of WDW? I mean, according to most people out there, it's a TERRIBLE economy. OR IS IT? And I'm sure that Mr. Eisner would be more than happy to pass those costs along to the cosumer. Me. I'm in the group that says let's drop costs for the consumer for once. What a novel approach. And I'm saying let's drop costs, while going with the new technology at the same time. Here's a thought: how about taking a little LESS profit in order to bring some of the magic and guests BACK to The World. WOW!!!! There's a novel approach.

I'm not at at all against progress and new technology. Just not for raising costs either. And believe me, no matter how many times you would see the name Sony all over the parks, you can bet that Disney would still have to write a fat check to Sony for the technology and services that they would be providing. Nothing in life is free.

My other part of this is that I for one like the nostalgia of some of the old AAs. No I don't mean the broken AA's. I mean fully functioning, nostalgic AA's. Now I know what you are thinking. Out with the old, in with the new. How these are outdated, and we're being too nostalgic. Really?!!!! How about asking some of the others out there who frequent these boards and see how they feel. I'm not saying don't ever change anything. But if everything changed at the parks every 10 years or so, would WDW still be WDW?

I know, let's level Cinderella's Castle, and put in a sweet coaster with killer AA's in the pre show que, while we all wait with our digital fastpasses for an hour and a half. Then we can head over to the villians park where we can all ride all 16 coasters, all themed with villians from movies that there written and produced by Pixar, had nothing to do with Walt or his company, and show's no signs of Disney anywhere in the park. (you know: no crass marketing of that horrible Fab Five). Afte that we can head to DD for a stop at the Playboy Club, which by then will be part owner of Disney, where we will be greated at the front gate by Playboy Bunnies in full Playboy gear, if you know what I mean?, then stop in the club for a little pole dancing.

Now I know all of this sounds pretty ridiculous, but how far from that thinking are we? I read on these boards all the time about doing away with those old nostalgic, outdated rides/attractions for suped up e rides. Or Coasters, if they would just come out and say it. How far a stretch is it from that to moving completely away from what Walt envisioned? All in the name of progress. I could never imagine they're doing away with Mr. Toad's Wild Ride myself. And it's replacement, Pooh, isn't that big a deal to me. But let's look at why that may have been done. Can you say, lawsuit? Oh that's a good reason to build a new attraction. Instead of settling this thing quietly, they let it fester. Or should I say, Michael Eisner let it fester. Remember, he's the man in charge. Till it was too late, and something had to be done. Some will argue this point, but prove me wrong. And having worked in TDS, I can tell you that by FAR, Pooh characters littered the store from front to back, outnumbering all other characters. Don't know about you, but I'd much rather see more of the Fab Five than Pooh.

Again, it sounds like rambling, but these points again point to the direction of the leadership in place currently. And until this leadership is changed, even the ideas you speak of, which I AGREE are GOOD ONES, WON'T happen. And what I am seeing/reading on these boards is that in a lot of cases Disney sounds like they are throwing as much as they can at the dart board, hoping to hit a bullseye every once in a while. Sounds like leadership that is in disarray.

Just some more candid, yet poignant views on my part.

TnkrBelPixiDust

General Grizz said:
What’s this, now? 50 animatronics gone from Horizons, 25 from Imagination (three added back after one million complaints), roughly 25 from the Land, 180 from the World of Motion. . . and our last classic, in-spirit omnimover attraction – Spaceship Earth – to be lost, or fallen victim to the cutbacks in rehabs?
Awesome post Grizz!!!! I agree with you 110%... Why in the world would they even think of getting ride of Spaship Earth!?? I think you said what pretty much everyone has been thinking... Great Job!!! :sohappy:

pppapazo

HennieBogan1966 said:
My other part of this is that I for one like the nostalgia of some of the old AAs. No I don't mean the broken AA's. I mean fully functioning, nostalgic AA's. Now I know what you are thinking. Out with the old, in with the new. How these are outdated, and we're being too nostalgic. Really?!!!! How about asking some of the others out there who frequent these boards and see how they feel. I'm not saying don't ever change anything. But if everything changed at the parks every 10 years or so, would WDW still be WDW?

I know these comments weren't directed at me but I'd like to comment anyway, because I don't think that your point about nostalgia for "old" AAs makes sense. If every Audio-Animatronic in the Carousel of Progress or Pirates of the Caribbean was taken out and replaced by the latest model, increasing everything from the fluidity of motion and synchronization of sound to the skin texture and reliability, would you really be upset? Maybe I'm being presumptuous, but I think most people on these boards would love to see such attention paid to the classic attractions.

I understand that you don't trust management to shell out the bucks to do a good enough job in such a scenario, and with good reason. Their recent track record is pretty crummy. But I don't think nostalgia for technology (i.e. old-style AA's) is what endears someone to those attractions. It's nostalgia for the story and atmosphere. As a parallel, I may miss playing Frogger on my Atari, but I don't actually miss the physical Atari. After all, a computer programmer can replicate the old Frogger look and feel on a new Playstation2 system. The difference is that the Playstation2 is much, much more versatile than the Atari and is capable of doing even more.

Peter

Scooter

pppapazo said:
I know these comments weren't directed at me but I'd like to comment anyway, because I don't think that your point about nostalgia for "old" AAs makes sense. If every Audio-Animatronic in the Carousel of Progress or Pirates of the Caribbean was taken out and replaced by the latest model, increasing everything from the fluidity of motion and synchronization of sound to the skin texture and reliability, would you really be upset? Maybe I'm being presumptuous, but I think most people on these boards would love to see such attention paid to the classic attractions.

I understand that you don't trust management to shell out the bucks to do a good enough job in such a scenario, and with good reason. Their recent track record is pretty crummy. But I don't think nostalgia for technology (i.e. old-style AA's) is what endears someone to those attractions. It's nostalgia for the story and atmosphere. As a parallel, I may miss playing Frogger on my Atari, but I don't actually miss the physical Atari. After all, a computer programmer can replicate the old Frogger look and feel on a new Playstation2 system. The difference is that the Playstation2 is much, much more versatile than the Atari and is capable of doing even more.

Peter

Well said..and I agree.

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
But in response to your comments on Frogger, it does still exist in new technology. Which is exactly my point. That to make changes for the sake of changing doesn't always make sense, or fit a particular story. Let's remember that each individual land at WDW tells a story. And coasters/and dark rides don't always allow you to tell the story properly. Again, I'm not against new technology. What I am saying however, is that a good many of us out here understand that some of what draws us back to WDW time afer time is the nostalgic characters, rides, attractions, and stories that are told.

You wouldn't want to do away with Mickey would you, just because he's outdated and 75 years old right? Of course not, as he is the reason there is a WDW. At the same time, what about the rest of the Fab Five? Aren't they just as important in the grand scheme of Disney's History? I certainly think they are.

Again, no one here is saying abandon anything new in favor of nostalgia. But rather, find a balance between yesterday and today, a la CoP (Hmm, there's a message in there somewhere). I'm all for technology. I love typing on a lap top, versus, a word processor. But are you going to tell me that todays computers use none of the basic ideas that were used in developing word processors? Or the early versions of computers? I would beg to differ. Certainly, some of the base ideas were taken from those early versions to help move into current techology ideas.

As far as Michael Eisner and the management style of he and his staff, I stand by my beliefs. I have been in the guest service industry long enough to know what it takes to get the job done, and done fairly. It may only be my opinion, but I don't believe it to be the wrong opinion.

Don't misinterpret my comments on nostalgia. Once again, I'm all for progress. But for the ideas that are being mentioned to take place, I truly believe that a complete change in philosophy is needed at the top.

And the story should always come first, with the technology/characters, and rides/attractions fitting the story we are trying to tell.

Maerj

General Grizz said:
I agree, CoP needs some mail, along with Spaceship Earth (perhaps). Whatever you are interested in.

If you're wanting to write your own letter, here's some information for you:

Walt Disney World Guest Relations
PO Box 10000
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Compliments, Complaints, and Suggestions
Walt Disney World Guest Communications
P.O. Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040
Email: wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Mr. Michael Eisner, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer (why bother?)
The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Mr. Al Weiss, President
The Walt Disney World Resort
PO Box 10040

Mr. Lee Cockerell, Executive Vice President of Walt Disney World
Operations
1375 Buena Vista Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-1000

Mr. Marty Sklar, Vice Chairman & Principal Creative Executive
Walt Disney Imagineering
1401 Flower Street
Glendale, CA 91221

Mr. Phil Holmes, Vice President
Vice President of the Magic Kingdom
PO Box 10000

I just wanted to report that I have sent letters off to some of these folks and plan to write more in the future.

I think that it is also important to bring this back up to remind everyone to do their part and write to Disney. Let them know you like CoP and other animatronic rides!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom